It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire chief caught on camera making racist remarks about family/refusing to help them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
youtube.com

Shocking footage has emerged in the US that appears to show a Kentucky fire chief refusing to provide assistance to a family involved in a road traffic accident because they are black.

The video, captured on the body camera of a police officer for the Bullitt County Sheriff’s department, purports to show Southeast Bullitt Fire Chief Julius Hatfield responding to an accident involving a white man in a pickup truck and a black family of four.

Shameful display. Hurr durr we don't wanna help them darkies.

Really hoping that's not the cop laughing when he calls the family n*****s. Pretty sure it's not. I think the cop most likely reported this. Good on him if so.

What really disturbs me is thinking about how long the guy has been in his position. Wonder if anyone's died on his watch because he didn't want to send white people in to save other races. I agree that's a leap, but not a very hard one to take. This kind of nonsense always seems to trickle down. I'd be pretty sketched out if I lived there if I wasn't white. Actually I'd be sketched out anyway. Watching him ask the Asian reporter if she speaks English multiple times was certainly skirting a line. I think it was intended as a dig.

Link

Annnnd I just realized this is probably the wrong forum. I'll ALERT myself.
edit on 2020141120141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20/11/14 by argentus because: unembed youtube.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
And hopefully as that generation dies out, some of their outdated beliefs go with them. We can only hope.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Agreed.

Man I've been around people that crack racist jokes and laugh and it's such an awkward experience.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Fire this peice of garbage and throw him in jail.

utterly disgraceful.

Pure ignorance and hatred of this kind can not be tolerated. I am embarrassed for my entire race..

Yuck!!
edit on 20-11-2014 by defuntion because: Too pissed to spell correctly

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: defuntion

Fire this peice

Heh.

I agree. No place for that kind of crap. There are a very rare set of circumstances where I think a "slip of the tongue" like this should be excused or downgraded.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Being from much farther East in the state, [ Perry Co ] I can tell you this is nothing unusual. Racism is alive and well in the Bluegrass State, especially in the older generation. The N word is openly used and not in a whisper.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I really don't see a problem with this. It appears the officer is just exercising the right to not uphold the law kind of like Holder and Obama. So what’s the problem? Sh-it rolls down hill and we are seeing the effects of it now.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I wonder if he's of the infamous Hatfields.

He's sure an old fart.

www.rawstory.com...

edit on 20-11-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer

I really don't see a problem with this. It appears the officer is just exercising the right to not uphold the law kind of like Holder and Obama. So what’s the problem? Sh-it rolls down hill and we are seeing the effects of it now.

You don't have a problem with his language? LOL

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
It seems that this man has gotten to the age that he can't control his racism anymore. Not only does he apparently have issues with black people, he also couldn't resist asking the reporter if she understood english...

Senility? Ugh. I know people like this exist, but it is still shocking to me to see it displayed so outwardly. Beyond disgusting IMO.

edit on 11/20/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The person I live with is on the board of directors for our local firehall. He just tried to put a grease fire out with water the other day (because he refuses to learn to cook properly). I just happened to be walking by with a box of baking soda (i seriously use it and vinegar for all my cleaning needs), and put the fire out. After he'd spread a nice fan of flames nearly halfway around the kitchen.

His father (good man) was the fire chief in his time.

Never feel like these organizations have your back. There are people like this involved at every level.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Did the thread title, the video and the quoted text, OP and link all not work for you?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

When they start holding everyone to the same standard of language then maybe i would become concerned. When the word 'n-word' is held in contempt for all races then there would be a problem. But I see and hear blacks calling each other 'n-word' all the time. So what is the problem?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Did the thread title, the video and the quoted text, OP and link all not work for you?

Subtle, very subtle.

I like it

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It's really not my strong suit.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I suggest you get some thicker skin. I'm not racist, but I'm not politically correct either. I've heard it all, from racist black jokes to racist white jokes. Just laugh it off, that's the best thing to do.

As for the video, the guy needs a swift kick in the butt and be fired. He didn't render aid, which is HIS.JOB.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Annee

It's really not my strong suit.

I know.

That's why it's so funny.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

I suggest you get some thicker skin. I'm not racist, but I'm not politically correct either. I've heard it all, from racist black jokes to racist white jokes. Just laugh it off, that's the best thing to do.

I think you are the first person on the internet, maybe in my life that has told me to get thicker skin. I'm very amused and somewhat excited.

The fact that the guy wouldn't help the family because of their race is what's concerning. It begs the question what other responsibilities he would eschew because of someone's race. It's also unprofessional as f_ to be talking like that.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Not at all why get all worked up over this it has become apparent that the unwillingness attitude of our head lawyer Holder to uphold the laws of the land that he does not like is affecting the local authorities.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
That is all kinds of messed up.

Next time I see a white person in need, I am gonna laugh and yell "I don't help crackers" out the window as I drive by. /joke

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join