It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chief Flynn of Milwaukee PD speaks a harsh truth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

That is everything I hope to see in people. Unapologetic truth.

I hope everything works out or is worked out.

In the mean time how about crime ridden neighborhoods take a step back to realize they only hurt themselves.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

Now you're either backpeddaling or your "The black community -does- address the problem" was simply an insulting mockery intended to set-up this ridiculousness about FOX news and Sharpton.

What has the black COMMUNITY done to put a stop to violence within their community? I know some of what they've done and I know that a great deal of it has been cast in a hypocritical light by both the media and the self-proclaimed "leaders" like Sharpton and the jackass Jackson... but what do you think about the situation?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Nope, not back peddling or mocking. My message remains clear. The black community -does- address the problem of black on black violence, and while doing so is told that they need to do -more-. Even now, you do it by saying that efforts are cast in a hypocritical light by downplaying efforts by people that get media attention merely by their presence.

If you truly are interested in the things the black community is doing to end black on black violence, you should check out a sampling of the work from the sites below. If you are merely going to pick them apart as "not doing enough", please understand that your response will simply further evidence my point.

www.cureviolence.org...
www.nyc.gov...

You can also look at the effect this has on the problem by taking a look at a story here.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 20-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington
a reply to: Logarock

False equivocation.

Since people aren't willing to become targets of retaliatory attacks, they must not be serious about wanting violence to end. That line of thought doesn't work on white on white organized crime, and it doesn't work here.

Yea sounds like a cop out. Like the old white guy cant relate cop out. Hell those folks badgering the cops are probably the public relations wing of one of the local gangs.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Nope, not back peddling or mocking. My message remains clear. The black community -does- address the problem of black on black violence, and while doing so is told that they need to do -more-. Even now, you do it by saying that efforts are cast in a hypocritical light by downplaying efforts by people that get media attention merely by their presence.

If you truly are interested in the things the black community is doing to end black on black violence, you should check out a sampling of the work from the sites below. If you are merely going to pick them apart as "not doing enough", please understand that your response will simply further evidence my point.

"Not doing enough" at the point we are at now and have been is fair enough if blacks themselves cant rise up to the gangs and at the same time breed suspicion of cops. Are you going to give us arguments about generational poverty and oppression being responsible for an 80% figure in regards to black on black victims of crime ect?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

When I lived in Milwaukee I was pleasantly surprised by the cops there. Having come over from New Zealand, and having had to deal with cops in the deep south of the US (where my wife's family hails from) and Chicago (where some more of her family lives), moving to Milwaukee and discovering this was good....shame about the weather

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Strange that the guy who tried to get AA to address this was Bill Cosby

No conspiracy theory just thought I'd mention that

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
It’s too far gone now, with gangsta rap, drugs and gangs being worth too much money to the wrong people

As well, it is useful for the white power structure to have crime in the hood as well it is useful to the black grievance industry that crime be rampant

It’s useful to the music industry

It’s useful to the criminal drug industry

It’s useful to the prison industry (now an immense profit making venture)

The percentages of people affected by inner city crime have no real power.

So nothing happens

Sorry to say even the police industry has a vested interest in crime

The politicians who are elected in these districts live in the suburbs so what do they care

So nothing gets better

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Milwaukee is a cesspool. I won't go there for business or personal endeavors. Personally I wouldn't be saddened if the whole city disappeared.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: optimus primal

Bits of it are good (the Eastside), and it did have a nice job for me there till the US economy tanked. Other bits .... yeah not so great.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

"public relations wing of one of the local gangs"? Do you even think before you post?

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Might be a good cop but. Trust me its all about taking your guns.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Umm speech has pissed a lot of people off and many are calling him/anyone who liked the speech racist. I bet the gun control nuts turn on him next.
gawker.com...-find-police-chiefs-emotional-speech-tr-1660866172
edit on 20-11-2014 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

Edit: for some reason the link won't work.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
sorry double post.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
good on you Chief , good on you !

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Uh...

what?

Huge problem with what this guy is saying. He is saying that just because people are holding the police accountable for their actions that people can't also be outraged about criminal violence as well? How the hell does he know who does or doesn't know who is being killed? Is he in every church when prayers are said for victims? Does he read all of the community newsletters? Is this old white guy really trying to tell me that he has his finger on the pulse of the African American community?

No, he is simply trying to deflect and shift focus away from his department by trying to blame the people in their communities, of what? Not being cops? Holding cops to a higher standard than they hold criminals?

This guy is a joke.

Chief Flynn probably has something to do with the Uniform Crime report for Milwaukee.

Of the total homicides in 2013, 77% (81 ) involved a firearm . The majority of homicide victims are African - American, which is consistent with national trends.

www.milwaukeepolicenews.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

What I see is a cop that has been under too much stress and is on the brink of a collapse. He barely can handle his emotions. He should not have stepped out there to do the interview. But he did. Sh_t happens.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
That was just off the cuff....I think this about as good as they get nowadays AND he doesn't sugar coat situations either.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I completely agree, Burdman. In fact I'd go so far as to say that people like Jesse Jackson and Rev Sharpton holding such a prominent and popular position within urban black communities are a root cause, if not THE root cause, of all of it.

They open their mouths and poison spills out. They fan the flames of racial hatred and create nothing but discord between humanity. They're nothing but politicians fueling an agenda for their own profit.

originally posted by: Willtell

It’s too far gone now, with gangsta rap, drugs and gangs being worth too much money to the wrong people
It’s useful to the music industry

Yes and it's those people who need to be at the forefront in speaking out against black-on-black violence. The celebrities, who rap and make movies about having to kill their way to the shops, having to rob people to feed their children etc etc... all while reclining comfortably in their mansions away from the streets they claim to love and grew up on.
Celebrities are what young people look up to. And it's only logical that young black children will look to black celebrities. And if those celebrities are sending out the wrong message (like they do) what chance do the next generation have? And the next generation? And the next, and the next?

It’s useful to the criminal drug industry

heh, and if rumours are to believed to the drug industry controlled by a Certain International Agency.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Speaking the truth about African American violence. The problem with a lot of ATS members..is that when they attempt to say the say thing...they also attempt to label the entire race as violent.

A more accurate statement would be that many on ATS have pointed out that blacks will not take to the streets when 100 blacks have been killed during the first quarter of the year but will raise hell if a cop has to use his gun.

And that really is what this guy is saying as well.

Arguably it's because a cop represents a level of authority that the average black person does not have. And when you are in a race (black, Hispanic, etc.) that sees more police thuggery (best all encompassing word) on a daily basis than does the majority of white people you tend to get up in arms at someone with authority shooting.

It is a little ironic given black on black violence kills more people than cops. However, I can understand their outrage. How often are cops found guilty of negligence, manslaughter, or murder for shooting people (unjustifiably so)?

Skip past the race factor and simply examine it from a pure fairness perspective.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join