It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a huge structure on Mars?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

The anomalous structure that your bring up is 42 pixels wide along the bottom edge.

42 x 6m = 252m

The anomalous structures shadow, going to the SW because the sun is in the east [to the right of the picture] and the structure is in the southern hemisphere [equator to the north/top of picture] , is 25 pixels long [as measured from the very bottom left corner of the structure].

25 x 6m = 150m

Now if the sun is at 45 degree angle to the structure then the shadow will be as long as the structure is high.

If the sun is higher than 45 degree angle, i.e. 60 degree angle, to the structure, then the shadow will be shorter than the structure is high and conversely if the sun is lower than a 45 degree angle, i.e. 30 degree angle, to the structure, then the shadow will be longer than the structure is high.

At a rough guess, the angle of the sun casting the shadow appears to be more than 45 degree angle in relation to the structure, since all the pictures shadows look short but not non existent, then the structure must be at least 150 meters high!

Can anyone else say 40-50 story skyscraper!?

edit on 19-11-2014 by MarsKingAQuestion because: spelling.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MarsKingAQuestion

This shadow [Z] deserves further investigation!

The shadow is 22 pixels long x 6m = 132m

Could it be the shadow of an upright Y shaped antenna or power pole?

Or possibly the ruined remains of a Tesla coil tower, like the Wardenclyffe Tower, that has fallen off of its round pedestal base foundation and been semi buried by the Martian sands?

Or even possibly a wrecked radar/radio telescope?

What does shadow Z look like to you

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think I have discovered a double spiral procession path from an apparent split road promenade that winds its way anti clockwise up the southern fortress mountain, which is surmounted and capped by a very obvious looking pyramid with another very large rectangle 'skyscraper' situated flanking it to the NE.

Where is this?

Here ^^^^ at the very bottom of the source picture!

Does anybody else see the pyramid and the double spiraling roads leading down and spiraling away to the left from the pyramid and its guardian skyscraper structure, which both seem to be suspiciously designed defensively to protect from ground assault reaching the pyramid summit.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Awesome work you're doing here, thank you!

More pictures taken from the orbiter the same day as the one in the OP can be found HERE

e1000462a.jpg is the image, taken 31st October 21:39pm, the orbiter has taken many more after that until 22:14pm, I have yet to go through them all to see more 'anomalies'.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

I was bored and decided to look through all the pics on that site.... this one caught my eye for some reason

Looks to be a square within a square in the upper right corner.... interesting indeed. e1000472a

edit on R562014-11-19T04:56:10-06:00k5611Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R582014-11-19T04:58:03-06:00k5811Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

edit on R012014-11-19T05:01:04-06:00k0111Vam by RickinVa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LightAssassin

What "4 seemingly perfect right angles" would those be? There are at best 2 in the photo!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

Starred!

Thank You!

I think I just found a sand buried pond or pool outside the southern entrance to the northern fortress!

I wonder if anybody else can see it, as it is very faint

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Since Mars has a lot of them...
Is is possible that the pond is a sand filled crater?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Very interesting when I play with some color levels in PS: Notice some very distinct circular like "kiva" structures. Very reminiscent of my trip to Chaco Canyon just not excavated!

You gotta admit its eerily similar to:

I also noticed a distinct circular shape outside the square in the OP, there are outside circular areas outside the pueblos at Chaco also.
edit on 19-11-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Starred!

Yes it indeed could be an almost perfectly round crater suspiciously and fortuitously crash landing in such an auspicious position outside the huge rectangular fortress shaped structure with a Tesla Tower shadowy structure and a highway leading east, that being a few miles north of a weathered martian face structure which is miles north again of a defensively arranged double square spiral maze mountain with a pyramid on top whilst geometric skyscrapers dot the wider landscape.

The circular depression seems awfully and obviously strategically placed, given the wider context of the picture and what it seems to be telling us at 1st glance, i.e. this was an ancient martian city!

If anything the entire pictures landscape reminds me deeply of modern day Giza in Egypt.

Do you see the similarities

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Yes it indeed could be an almost perfectly round crater suspiciously and fortuitously crash landing in such an auspicious position outside the huge rectangular fortress shaped structure with a Tesla Tower shadowy structure and a highway leading east, that being a few miles north of a weathered martian face structure which is miles north again of a defensively arranged double square spiral maze mountain with a pyramid on top whilst geometric skyscrapers dot the wider landscape.

I admire you enthusiasm, and this is without doubt a very interesting image......but your suppositions are going of the scale a bit here mate!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Yes it indeed could be an almost perfectly round crater

I would describe it as kind of elliptical, but hey, potato.... tomato.

Do you see the similarities

I am not seeing the crater in the Egypt photos.

edit on bu302014-11-19T07:02:24-06:0007America/ChicagoWed, 19 Nov 2014 07:02:24 -06007u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

No. I think you would make an amazing cloud shape champion though.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Starred!

Thanks for seeing what I am considering to be a water obstacle/pond that creates a bottleneck and also divides traffic into and out of the northern fortress structure.

Now if they are too large, 100m+ wide etc, to be considered kiva's, and they may be craters as suggested by others, then I suggest that they may seemingly be the result of an orbital bombardment from space, directed at the fortress structure.

Does that sound reasonable and within the realm of possible

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

It's a dust filled crater. There's a few in the image.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have measured the width of the apparent highway leading off the the east/right side of the OP's source picture and it appears to be about 33 pixels wide x 6m = 200m wide and the two guard towers at the highway gate checkpoint, according to the length of their shadows of about 6-7 pixels long x 6m = 42m tall.

Note: That everything is down hill and in towards a valley below that line drawn in the sand and so the highway is indeed a real High Way and again the strategic placement of such a structure upon the high ground directly implies a higher intelligence at play here.

Let me just cover some anomalies from the top of the OP's source picture downwards!

1] 200m wide strategically placed highway with a checkpoint.

2] Huge rectangular fortress with some kind of shadowy antenna.

3] Strategically placed water obstacle pool.

4] Curved wall running east/right side with guard towers on the west/left side, near the central valley access route, separating the upper valley and northern fortress from middle valley and the lower valley its related civil and religious structures.

5] Wall or guard towers coming from the west/ left side and separating the middle valley from the lower valley and its related structures.

6] New Mars Face structure/temple.

7] Huge skyscraper to the east side with one side deliberately facing the new Mars face structure/temple.

8] Dual lane promenade leads down to dual square spiral maze mountain with large castle keep and high priests pyramid.

Note: I have overlaid the degraded Mars face in the picture with the original Cydonia Mars face that I altered to be the proper scale and inverted the color to make the shadow appear to seemingly be correct with regards to the rest of the pictures shadows.

If we take a journey from the very top of the southern/bottom square spiral maze fortress pyramid, we go down and around to the west/left side and then travel north along the dual promenade unto we come to the undetailed area beneath the new Mars face/temple and we stay to the west/ left side and go fully around the left side of the new Mars face until reaching the middle valley.

Then we continue on up to the higher valley and get squeezed between the northern fortress and the water obstacle pool/pond.

We then enter the northern fortress proper.

Leaving the northern fortress we go down and around the east/right side of the water obstacle pool/pond and down into the middle valley and then down into the lower valley and around the east/right side of the new Mars face/temple, through then undetailed area below the new Mars face/temple, keeping east/ right side of course, and then down the other side of the dual promenade lanes and up around the square spiral maze mountain to the other side of the pyramid, completing the circle/cycle.

Does the 8 anomalies I pointed out, tell a bigger story

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

Starred!

Thank you for your encouragement!

As for scale I have the 1 pixel = 6m martian cubit and it is keeping me in check so far.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

No. You're totally off the farm now.

Your post is a case stay in pareidolia. I almost feel like you're actually trying to mess with people...
edit on 19-11-2014 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I would normally discredit such a 'photo find' of rocks from Mars..
But I have to say, that does not look like a natural rock formation..

UNLESS it is a dust covered crystal formation on.. the.. surface?

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: skyblueworld
Looks like a structure to me, maybe I'm wrong? Can you see it?:

LINK to Mars Orbiter images

The date of the images on that site says 31st Oct 2002, so if it here on ATS, forgive me, there's too many threads to go through to see if this has been covered.

Credit for this find goes to this site HERE

Credit for the .GIF goes to that site too.

Learn about the Mars Global Surveyor Mission here

I don't know ATS, maybe the Martian winds of time have covered up it's own unique history.

There's a lot of things on Mars that look like several massive explosions took place and buried, partially or fully many objects of interest.
The videos(if real) on you tube seem to be a great source of evidence of such an event.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join