It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First contact: Who should represent humanity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Ugh, I guess nobody. Is there anybody I know who could speak for everybody, who doesn't have some kind of agenda even if it's a helpful one?

The perfect person would know all of the facts about our species, all of the facts about the history of our planet, have no prejudices or preconceived notions and have no reservations about any of it.

The answer here is easy - Our Smartest Computer, electronic conversation and we remove our egos from the equation.

That being said, if that doesn't work out I'd nominate either Dustin Diamond or Bjork, the reasons are obvious.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie a homeless man

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Astyanax

Kim Kardashian?

Close! Actually Kim Kardashian's huge ...um, asset.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Nah it may effect their anti gravity technology and cause an interstellar diplomatic disaster.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Ridiculous. Too late. No one. Its already happened and isnt going to any further. We ignored all the evidence so far. Put away the signs...theyre already here...

"E.T.s. Turn out the lights. They may not be coming...” ATS June 8, 2014
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Has ET already dismissed us as unintelligent?
Posted on Wednesday, 4 June, 2014 | c/o CNET

"Astrophysicist Neil DeGrasse Tyson has suggested that we may already be in a post alien contact era.

While SETI focuses its efforts on finding evidence of extraterrestrial intelligence out in space, there are some who believe that aliens may have already been visiting us for some time.

In a recent interview with MSNBC, astrophysicist and Cosmos presenter Neil DeGrasse Tyson has put forward a third possibility, one that most of us aren't going to like..."

*(Continue to link....)www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nowyouseeme
Ugh, I guess nobody. Is there anybody I know who could speak for everybody, who doesn't have some kind of agenda even if it's a helpful one?

The perfect person would know all of the facts about our species, all of the facts about the history of our planet, have no prejudices or preconceived notions and have no reservations about any of it.

The answer here is easy - Our Smartest Computer, electronic conversation and we remove our egos from the equation.

That being said, if that doesn't work out I'd nominate either Dustin Diamond or Bjork, the reasons are obvious.

Good points. Maybe just give them a thumb drive with the entirety of Wikipedia? As of March 2014 it was only 40gb.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I nominate myself as candidate for First Contact Representative.

Thank you all for your support.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The Dahlia Llama or Dr Tyson

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Sorry...

When they approached, I asked them what the hell took them so long!

So they left

Again... Sorry!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I'd be honored to assume the role.

My opinion is that if anyone on this planet exists that can appropriately and thoroughly represent humanity as a whole, they are likely an undiscovered gem. It should be someone with a strong understanding of global culture, politics, and the unified progression toward the future.

Again, I'd be glad to assume the role - but who am I?

to a reasonable, pertinent question.
edit on 12-11-2014 by DigitalJedi805 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I don't think it matters who communicates with "aliens" no matter what the interaction would be real limited...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

That's either amazing or depressing...that the entirety of our story can fit in the palm of one person's hand. We have a long way to go, thank god for Bjork

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Neil deGrasse Tyson.

For many reasons.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

George Lucas, for the Sci-Fi link, ability to put on an impressive show, and for bad dialogue, so the aliens decide to just skip to the technology gifts or species destruction instead of dragging things out with talks.

Or, and this is my real choice: a randomly chosen Buddhist monk.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Send Lori and Dori. If the visitors turn out to be hostile they can make their heads explode like the invaders in 'Mars Attacks' with some weapon-grade country music.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Did anyone see any space cash?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: highfreq

It should be obvious and clear to everyone that Chuck Norris is the only person suitable for the job....duh..

Chick Norris should be the last person. He would just make us all look even more stupid.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Either This one:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

Or this one:
files.abovetopsecret.com...

No idea why i cant post them DIRECTLY...Add image from my lib
didnt work

edit on 2014/11/13 by Miccey because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Oh there's lots more where she came from. Send her.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

No one...

I don't think we should be making contact while we remain fragmented on Earth. We either unite and move forward as one or we remain in the corner until we get our act together.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join