It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Gun Ban in the U.S. on Dec. 24 ??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
At about 8:30 PST, last night I logged onto Facebook and saw a site-not sure who's it was- that said the U.N. had announced the implementation of the Obama administration's signing of a gun ban with the U.S..

Naturally, my P.C. decided to crash and by the time I got it kick-started, I no longer could find it on Facebook. I just got up to go to work and checked Fox to see if they had anything on their site and they don't.

I don't know if this is bogus or not so if anyone knows anything about this I'd appreciate hearing about it.

I'm off to work for the next 12 hours or so and won't be responding before that but felt this could be the start of something that gets out of hand real fast and deserved your/our attention.

After seeing it, I had a very hard time getting any sleep.....

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
My first thought with no digging is good luck to the poor sob that has to collect the guns.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
I'm thinking about all the disappointment one might experience on Christmas morning. LOL

The government is populated with some really dumb folks, but even a lame duck POTUS wouldn't try something like this on that date.

Rest easy, brother.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
found this, i guess it's what you are talking about

www.thenewamerican.com...

not that i blame them, better keep jesus safe because if he shows up in america on his birthday, he would be shot dead within the first 15 minutes

edit on 12/11/2014 by IShotMyLastMuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
At about 8:30 PST, last night I logged onto Facebook and saw a site-not sure who's it was- that said the U.N. had announced the implementation of the Obama administration's signing of a gun ban with the U.S..

Why do you think the UN controls what goes on in the USA?

I don't know if this is bogus

That claim is bogus, have a look at www.abovetopsecret.com... where it is discussed.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl I was just leaving when I saw your reply.

If I recall correctly, this agreement with the U.N. was signed sometime last summer and the announcement wasn't by anyone in the Administration but by the U.N..

In a way the timing makes perfect sense in that it's before this lame-duck congress ends. After that it's likely that it would be blocked with many Democrats voting with the Republicans.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

It's a lie. Whether this is a step in a greater plan can be debated, but this will not take away your guns.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

If I recall correctly, this agreement with the U.N. was signed sometime last summer and the announcement wasn't by anyone in the Administration but by the U.N..

The agreement you are thinking of makes governments promise not to sell weapons to criminals or terrorists. Giving guns to terrorists or selling them to "freedom fighters" are not specifically mentioned. Don't worry, your guns are safe.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Only one chance to get rid of the weapons:

BAN the SALES! Immediately, so no-one could stock up!

In 40 or 50 years all weapons will be old and unusable. Either the criminals buy new (which would have to be imported and could therefore be better controlled) or.. - do you really think that the criminals are keen on taking painstaking care and maintenance on their weapons?

Yes, weapons-dealer would go down. So what? Slavetraders met the same fate!

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
[double-post]
edit on 12 11 2014 by ManFromEurope because: double click means double post..

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

In 40 or 50 years all weapons will be old and unusable.

Really? I have a 1942 Lee-Enfield that is in pristine condition, and I don't spend a whole lot of time keeping it that way. It's just REALLY well built and tough.
I also have a German Luger, manufactured in 1917....that's a bit more than 40 or 50 years. It is also in pristine condition. I fire it often and take fairly good care of it, but I don't get obsessed with cleaning it or anything to that effect.

In regards to the OP....the claim is bs. No one is taking our guns, not now and not as long as there are those willing to take the heads' off any who attempt to collect the weapons. Just isn't going to happen.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Yes, and how much effort did you put in your weapons? Do you think that amount would be reasonably thinkable for a normal criminal?

Really, don't sell any more weapons and the problem will dry out.

Edit: Oh, and don't forget to stop selling ammo. Get a hunters license, if you must - but that feat should be really hard to acquire!
edit on 12 11 2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Here is a fine point:

Until it is ratified by the US congress, then it does not affect the citizens in the USA. However, it will affect them when it comes to the sales of weapons and firearms outside of the boarders.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Since government workers have killed many times more people with guns over history, you have to take away their guns first. Also, you need to amend the constitution to remove the right to bear firearms. Also, that wouldn't work because state constitutions within the US also contain a right to bear arms... so those would also have to be amended. Also, people have a natural right to own, buy, and sell firearms to whomever they would like with or without a background check. So, that would be an insurmountable barrier.

Also, everyone around the world will have the ability to own guns using 3D printing soon.

So, I would say you need to focus on taking firearms away from the murderous gun nuts we call "countries". You do lose your gun rights if you commit murder. And certainly the USA corporation and every one of the more powerful countries I know of except maybe Switzerland has murdered on a regular basis. These countries have large machine guns, tanks, and my God nuclear weapons. And you are worried about small arms in the hands of ordinary people who don't have a criminal record?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Did you read my comment? Apparently not, because I clearly said I don't spend a lot of time obsessively cleaning those particular weapons. I often hunt with the Lee-Enfield. I love the open sights and the weapon has the power to drop a deer in it's tracks.

Apparently you don't know about 3D printing of weapons. If the gun supply "dried out" people would innovate.
Guns can be manufactured at home as well.
....You really think the "criminals" are just going to take it lying down? They are just going to say, "well, there are no more guns to buy...guess we'll just give up and surrender".....? Not going to happen.
.....for some reason you are under the impression that criminals are ignorant or stupid. They are not. The "low level" guys, sure.....but those that would manufacture or have weapons manufactured are not ignorant. Supply and demand. There will ALWAYS be demand, thus there will ALWAYS be supply. That's just the way it works. Someone will ALWAYS be willing to take the risks and there will ALWAYS be a demand that those risks be taken.

Oh, and don't forget to stop selling ammo. Get a hunters license, if you must - but that feat should be really hard to acquire!

Ammo can be loaded at home. Again, supply and demand.
And why should it be a "really hard feat" to acquire a hunting license? That makes absolutely zero sense. It is my inalienable right to provide myself food, so the sob's that issue hunting licenses can shove em. I hunt on my private property and I do NOT buy license to do so and I never will. I am VERY unapologetic for that, btw.

Anyways, this isn't really the topic of this thread and I am not really willing, nor do I desire, another ATS "pro-gun/ban guns" debate.....so, I'm out.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Firearms do not stop working as they get older. Who ever told you they do is very ignorant on this subject.

As for the OP, piss on the UN! They don't have enough blue helmets to get us disarmed. Would be fun to watch those idiots try.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: Jakal26

Yes, and how much effort did you put in your weapons? Do you think that amount would be reasonably thinkable for a normal criminal?

well how much effort is required? here are 3 examples a ww2 Lee-Enfield, a .22 rife that was received as a homecoming gift fro ww2. and a shotgun that is at least 65 years old. shotgun was stored for almost 50 years never used or cleaned, just sat in it's box (yup it's original box). the .22 sat in a soft rifle case for 15-20 years, cleaned and used a couple times, then sat for another 25-30 years. the Lee-Enfield sat in a soft rifle case over 20 years, cleaned and used over a period of 2 years, than again stored over 20 years. all cleaned and oiled after use of course. all three were stored in a closet for most of that time never cleaned or oiled unless they were going to be used, so ZERO effort was put into them in the time periods they were stored. they were just taken into a gun smith and all three are in perfect condition and perfect working condition. oh and for a bonus, there was 303 ammo for the Lee-Enfield that sat in a drawer for the 20+ years the rifle was stored (and it was military surplus when bought). every round fired perfectly and accurately after all that time.

and that is why there are still guns being used from ww2, ww1, even from the 1800's. yes guns well over 100 years old still work and are used today. i'm not sure but i believe there are even original black powder, muzzle loading firearms still in use as well. not to mention cannon. unless it was left outside for years, in a swamp or in water, guns can last hundreds of years easy, just like any metal or wood object. the "problem" won't "dry out" any time within our lifetimes.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This wont happen, If it was going to happen, it would have when they had all the momentum built up after the horror at that elementary school massacre. To many people own guns, whole communties exist bc of ammunition plants and gun companies. It just not that easy to pass a law IN the US not UN that will actually be obeyed. They can pass all the UN laws they want too, and I think the UN will fall apart if they tried to implement this stupid idea

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Man I have to laugh at the way Europeans look at the US gun laws. Just think how much different WW2 would have been if we didnt have those good ole country boys that had great gun skills. It would of been like sending in a bunch of pencils pushers with automatic weapons and the likes, and they would have gotten slaughtered. Im not trying to bash Europeans but everytime I look at these gun threads there is always someone from that area, trying to tell the US who it is. And you have NO idea

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

not that i blame them, better keep jesus safe because if he shows up in america on his birthday, he would be shot dead within the first 15 minutes

this from someone with a screen name, IShotMyLastMuse

pfft.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join