It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The myth of race: Why are we divided by race when there is no such thing?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879
Some diseases are race specific.
Very few cases of cystic fibrosis occur outside of the caucasian race.
Sickle cell anemia occurs in the black race exclusively.
There are differences.
We are still all human.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
You maybe don't, but the most POWERFUL of the Caucasian race agree with me, and they are pushing in one direction. a reply to: Krazysh0t

edit on NovX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
But tenth...
They look different than me... and they act different than me... and the media says... and my buddy who grew up with "those people" says... and... and... my parents said... Ya know what I mean? They just can't be the same as me.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

Yes, we could just say we are the human race and that would close the debate.

I wish it could,

free will doesn't allow all to believe such a unity that we are all one race here on earth.

Many including myself have been saying this since we understood what race was as children, some children are manipulated in believing otherwise but some hold the belief many held as kids is that we are human, we are one race.

After that can be established then ET might show themselves, until then its just blood and gore of us killing our neighbors and then their kids hating ours.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

Uh huh... So now you are making the NWO conspiracy racist? That's rich. Well I guess it wasn't far off with the racist nonsense with the whole Zionist crap. Though you are first I've seen that blames the whole Caucasian race for it.

In any case, you are wrong. Though I know no amount of convincing on my part will change your mind. Such is the willpower of the racist.
edit on 10-11-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
Yeah really funny, I'm not in the business of exposing people like that. But just take what I say and remember it while watching tv, it's becoming blanton. They are coming out with a new movie called Exodus. a reply to: Spider879

You're one of the "they" people, who speaks of "them" often yet has no idea who "they" are?

the fear that dictates your life can be transformed into other more positive emotions, its up to you if you want to change or stay the same, you have a choice.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
There are differences.
We are still all human.

That doesn't have anything to do with race.

It has everything to do with where those people lived for thousands of years and how they developed biologically, with a per-disposition to those issues.

The melatonin content of your skin, has nothing to do with it.

~Tenth

link   
The truth is the truth, this is not racism.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Sickle cell anemia is not simply a "black disease". It is more closely tied to malaria than it is to one race. It's found in Greeks, Indians, as well as Arabs. It is however predominantly found in people of African decent.

We are of course all humans. I doubt any sane person would argue that point.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yes and the truth says that you are wrong. I notice you still haven't produced any evidence of your silly death cult.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I taught this concept (in the OP) in my University classrooms over 20 years. Still can't get them to believe me.

The only group that really got it was when I was a guest speaker at a conference on race in Alabama. I said everything you did, plus the biological reasons different skin colors evolved in different climates, etc. They LOVED it and said they had never heard this explained so clearly. The audience was very very racially mixed.

After reading the thread, I see there are people who are like my students in the Univ. They have been so brainwashed by media/government/etc to see "race" and "racial issues" around every corner and in every nook and cranny, that they can not see the truth when it is presented.

edit on 8Mon, 10 Nov 2014 08:08:42 -0600am111011amk101 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Look, you believe what you wish, just keep living. You'll see.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

There are differences.
We are still all human.

That doesn't have anything to do with race.

It has everything to do with where those people lived for thousands of years and how they developed biologically, with a per-disposition to those issues.

The melatonin content of your skin, has nothing to do with it.

~Tenth

I feel that we are discounting science just a bit here. DNA does show differences in groups of people that goes much further than the melatonin content of the skin.

Sickle cell disease is most common in Africans and African-Americans. It is also found in other ethnic and racial groups, including people from South and Central America, the Caribbean, Mediterranean countries, and India.

webmd
Fact is cystic fibrosis is almost exclusively a caucasian disease. Parkinson's disease is too.
Sickle cell anemia is an inherited disease.... passed through DNA.
edit on b000000302014-11-10T08:15:03-06:0008America/ChicagoMon, 10 Nov 2014 08:15:03 -0600800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

There are differences.
We are still all human.

Look at this map these are the areas of the world that is affected by sickle cell it is only a defense against malaria different parts of the world have different strain of it this includes Greece and Italy. and not all black folks have the carrier.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Yes and the truth says that you are wrong. I notice you still haven't produced any evidence of your silly death cult.

Krazy,

Your crazy for feeding them what I think they desire, they are here to disrupt and place their lost place in the world on all of us, some just need divide because they are broken and divided and extremely conflicted themselves.

A thread to discuss the myth of race which in turn make its a thread about unity in my eyes is only something that harms those that have something invested in dividing the many by arguing or in this case trolling against unity.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

sickle cell anemia is not a "black only" disease. But it is more prevalent in African descendants because of natural selection. If you have sickle cell, you survive malaria. It isn't because they are a different race. It is because the progeny of those who survived malaria in the past carry the strength against malaria.

There is no genetic basis for race. None. We can see all manner of cosmetic differences that we just a response to environmental pressures.

You can't take a single trait from any 'race" and not find that same trait spread among all other races.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MX61000
The truth is on my side and you know it, you're just trolling. But if you really don't know this truth, I feel sorry for you my friend.

a reply to: InhaleExhale

If you want help to find yourself just ask,

I know many will want to help you, that's if want the help and feel you deserve it.

Do you want help to change?

I wont feed you with the food you need, I will feed you with what food I have and that's love and unity here in this thread.

I send some out to you, you can reject it but its already infected you, hopefully the love I have just infected you with will help cure your cataracts and you might see better in the near future.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I am confused. I hate racism as much as the next guy, but I don't understand something. From your post:

Thus, the concept of human races is real. It is not a biological reality, however, but a cultural one. Race is not a part of our biology, but it is definitely a part of our culture. Race and racism are deeply ingrained in our history.

The color of one's skin and texture of the hair are not biological realities? Epicanthus (eyelid fold) is not a biological reality? These traits "breed true" (sorry, I'm a dog person). If they are not race, what are they? Are they just genetic traits, like brown hair and blue eyes? If so, those ARE biological realities.

My point is, I don't think there's any non-physical difference between what we call the "races", as far as intelligence, personality, worth, law-abidingness, etc, but there are physical differences that can be attributed to biology... some of which are nose size, hair texture and eye shape. To what do we attribute these physical differences, if not "race"?

Just trying to understand.

edit on 11/10/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I'm trying to enlighten people, you people are trying to paint me racist when I've said nothing racist, like I said your own people secretly argree with me, choose your side, you didn't have to reply to my comment. a reply to: InhaleExhale

edit on NovX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join