It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey: 'What a Billion Muslims Really Think'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   
A billion muslims think there is a breakdown of values in the west? Okay. But I see the severe lack of respect for homosexuals, women, and non muslims in muslim countries as a breakdown in common sense and as downright evil. So I guess it's a matter of perspective and what people call 'values'. It's subjective.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: AgentShillington

originally posted by: undo
over 30 years ago, preachers in the usa were warning that the breakdown of the family unit is part of the communist platform. here's the trick - the muslim countries overseas are frequently working with communist countries and seem to prefer marxism over any other form of government. so why are we being blamed for suffering from the effects of marxists taking over our country, in every conceivable way possible?

If only...

Could you imagine if the workers of the country controlled the wealth of the country, instead of the few at the top?

Marxist takeover indeed... heh.

but that's not what happens once they do takeover. this is what happens instead: whenever the government fails at delivering a decent life standard (because the gov wants to be your daddy), the people begin to protest. so the gov points at some part of society that the marxists don't want, and the protestors go off and slaughter them (with gov approval). rinse, wash, repeat as many times as they deem necessary. this method is currently being used all over africa under the banner of marxism, but what it actually boils down to is religious-based genocide with political machinery driving it. poor guys don't realize when they get done restructuring the planet for the bad guys, they will be next.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

You used the proper word there (allowed)
Muslim women have no choice.
American women have a choice.
That's why I'm critical of muslims.

This choice by American women has consequences. One being they don't spend as much time with their children. That has drawbacks. In the long run.

Did that help in your confusion?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: undo

"Never judge a philosophy by its abuse."
~ Saint Augustine

You don't actually know what Marxism is. The government doesn't need to have a place in the process at all. 3 men start a business, 3 men get equal share of the profits. They hire bring a 4th person in, and instead of giving him a wage, they give him an equal cut of the profits. Everyone gets an equal cut of the profits for the work they do. That is Marxism in a nutshell.

I have no idea what it is that you are talking about in your disaster fantasy.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71

This choice by American women has consequences. One being they don't spend as much time with their children. That has drawbacks. In the long run.

No, it didn't, because you are livng under this delusion that Muslim women all over the world don't have choices. It's true, many don't, but it isn't a problem with Islam, or it would be -every- Muslim woman.

Can we at least agree that it is the GOVERNMENTS that allow the persecution in the name of Islam and not the actual religion?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

According to the Quran, men and women have the same spirit, there is no superiority in the spiritual sense between men and women. [Noble Quran 4:1, 7:189, 42:11]

The Quran makes it clear that all human beings (and the phraseology doesn't apply to men or women alone, but to both) have what you might call a human; He

"breathed some of My spirit into divine touch. When God created him"(or her in this sense). [Noble Quran 15:29 See also 32:9]

Some of His spirit here means not in the incarnational sense, but the pure, innate spiritual nature that God has endowed her or him with.

The Quran indicates again that one of the most honored positions of human, is that God created the human, and as I referred to Surah 17 earlier, it means both sexes, as His trustee and representative on earth. There are many references in the Quran that reaffirm this.

source

You know im curious... Have you ever heard of Hasidic jews? Probably not because your focus is on Islam and not the people who abuse it.
edit on 11/6/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

~ Saint Augustine

You don't actually know what Marxism is. The government doesn't need to have a place in the process at all. 3 men start a business, 3 men get equal share of the profits. They hire bring a 4th person in, and instead of giving him a wage, they give him an equal cut of the profits. Everyone gets an equal cut of the profits for the work they do. That is Marxism in a nutshell.

i do know how marxism is applied, and that's the problem. it looks good on paper but it destroys entire countries, their moral standards, their financial security, pits neighbor against neighbor, drives up the propaganda machine to a fever pitch, and literally steals, at gun point, the energy of the people on the planet, both current and past (since they also believe it is their right to march into your home and take anything they want, including family heirlooms, photo albums, mementos and anything you've ever worked for).

marxism in its application, has been responsible for the deaths of billions and billions of people, under the most excruiating circumstances, such as starving the entire ukraine to death, men, women, children, infants, old people.

no thanks.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Back on topic -

I read yesterday where a couple had their legs broken - and then were burned alive - by our lovely neighbors the Muslims.

Back on topic?

Is that what the thread topic is about?

Yet, we spend millions researching just what 'their' opinions are - while our Veterans sleep on the streets for lack of government spending!

I bet the Muslim radicals get a real big chuckle out of that one! Because you can bet your boots they're not going to spend millions to find out what we think.

Wake the hell up people.

peace

Yes wake up and stop hating Muslims that have done nothing to you and that you don't know and start hating your government that funds and supports this and this way of life being in constant conflict the world over that you do know happens.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Excellent, now if they can get their outliers in check all is gravy, no?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

~ Saint Augustine

i do know how marxism is applied, and that's the problem. it looks good on paper but it destroys entire countries, their moral standards, their financial security, pits neighbor against neighbor, drives up the propaganda machine to a fever pitch, and literally steals, at gun point, the energy of the people on the planet, both current and past (since they also believe it is their right to march into your home and take anything they want, including family heirlooms, photo albums, mementos and anything you've ever worked for).

marxism in its application, has been responsible for the deaths of billions and billions of people, under the most excruiating circumstances, such as starving the entire ukraine to death, men, women, children, infants, old people.

no thanks.

Again, you are judging an entire philosophy by it's previous applications, and making sweeping generalizations of that application at that.

Marxism is resonsible for the deaths of billions and billions of people? "Billions and billions" is by definition at least 4 billion people. (That is called the "Sagan number" for anyone interested in such information.) So you are going to tell me, that Marxism is the cause of the deaths of over 4 billion people.. when the entire amount of people that have ever lived is only 107 billion people.

At least 4 billion people are directly dead from Marxism.

With a history of humanity that spans 350,000 years by some accounts, the last 100 years has seen the vast majority of people die from Marxism? Even taking vastly inflated numbers, the math doesn't hold up.

I'm sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

marxism is the old pharaonic system, reapplied. so yeah, billions and billions. stalin killed 45 million of his own people, with who knows how many people outside of russia. see, in order to replace the various other types of government, with communism, they first have to undermine the country morally and financially, create an atmosphere of toxic jealousy, drive it with propaganda till the people go into survival mode, brainwash entire generations and then drive them out into society to remove anyone who disagrees with them. all of this under the promise of sharing the wealth, which insteads resolves down to everyone but the ruling class, being dirt poor, waiting in line for hours for a single roll of toilet paper.

shared misery is not an excuse for that misery.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

marxism is the old pharaonic system, reapplied. so yeah, billions and billions. stalin killed 45 million of his own people, with who knows how many people outside of russia. see, in order to replace the various other types of government, with communism, they first have to undermine the country morally and financially, create an atmosphere of toxic jealousy, drive it with propaganda till the people go into survival mode, brainwash entire generations and then drive them out into society to remove anyone who disagrees with them. all of this under the promise of sharing the wealth, which insteads resolves down to everyone but the ruling class, being dirt poor, waiting in line for hours for a single roll of toilet paper.

shared misery is not an excuse for that misery.

So.. yeah.. I was initially correct. You don't know what Marxism is. I cannot continue this line with someone that doesn't even understand the term they are trying to speak about.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

No, it didn't, because you are livng under this delusion that Muslim women all over the world don't have choices. It's true, many don't, but it isn't a problem with Islam, or it would be -every- Muslim woman.

Can we at least agree that it is the GOVERNMENTS that allow the persecution in the name of Islam and not the actual religion?

Delusion is a rather strong word don't ya think?

When governments are ran with sharia law, I would have to blame the religion and not the government.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

well you're not being honest. marxism doesn't work and never has. it's really just government sanctioned slavery.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

What about American Women that are Muslims?

Muslim women having no choice is always a cultural ideology putting them in such position of not having choices and freedoms that which the men do, however that is not what Islam teaches in my understanding but is cultural to area one resides in.

The middle east and most of the world follow the ideology that men are above women either consciously or unconsciously, yes its more obvious around the holy lands but its not Just Muslims that live there and a number of other cultures follow the dame suit of treating women as second class citizens.

Western Cultures aren't immune to this sickness by any means either.

Every choice any conscious being makes has a consequence that will effect themselves, those close to them or complete strangers around them or on the other side of the world.

Our beliefs and choices are what give birth to new paths in this reality we reside in, some are painful and harming to society or individuals while others help us understand and feel empathy for others.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

When governments are ran with sharia law, I would have to blame the religion and not the government.

And if we set up a form of government that ran under the rules of Dungeon's & Dragons, would that be the fault of Wizards of the Coast? Or would that be the fault of the people that ran the government?

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to: silo13

So you think that anything outside of your country in another country has no impact on what occurs in the states? Or that others opinions of your country have no influence over you? Do you really think that it doesn't matter? Why do you think that ISIS is doing what they're doing? What do you think they'll eventually do with their outside 'opinions' and 'beliefs' of your country TO your country? And how do you think the economy works? All countries are connected some way or another, what happens in the states will impact other countries... Oh and if you don't care how other countries feel about you then how do you feel about the states invading the Middle East? Countries that had nothing to do with the states, and who should be self managing themselves. States push their opinions on everyone else, why can't others have opinions about them?

edit on 6-11-2014 by InfamousSiren because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

And if we set up a form of government that ran under the rules of Dungeon's & Dragons, would that be the fault of Wizards of the Coast? Or would that be the fault of the people that ran the government?

The same nutters that run the governments run the religions.
You can listen to those nutters if you want to but I will choose not to.
They can run their little countries however they want to but don't expect me to listen to them.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

An american woman can choose whatever religion she wishes. A Saudi woman can't choose to be a Catholic.
The difference is she chooses the ideology, the ideology does not choose her.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

The same nutters that run the governments run the religions.
You can listen to those nutters if you want to but I will choose not to.
They can run their little countries however they want to but don't expect me to listen to them.

I asked a question, and I would respectfully ask you to answer it.

Are you saying that all gun owners should be responsible for what some gun owners do with their weapons?
Are you saying that all Christians should be responsible for what some Catholics priests have done?
Are you saying that all Muslims should be responsible for what some Imams have done?

I don't think you are, and I don't think you are closed-minded enough to truly believe that everyone in every one of these countries agrees with their governments.

So, I ask again, with respect..

Your problem isn't with Islam, is it, but with how some people are interpreting it for their own gain?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join