It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else love messing with delivery drivers????

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
And so it goes.... the steady decline of the western civilization continues.
edit on 30-10-2014 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: PraetorianAZ
I guess delivery people can take jokes better than people on ATS.

Noted for next time only post horrible despicable things on ATS unless you want to get chewed up by people.

Ill go enjoy my pizza now.

Peace Nancy's

Being in the food business myself, here's my advice:

Never screw with the people who handle your food.

Not smart on your part as there are always "extras" that can be thrown for "special" customers.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh lord sweet baby Jesus he had to walk up three flights of stairs. Let me call the labor union and demand he get $25 bucks an hour and free healthcare.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

What you can't handle that your joke isn't really all that great?
Work as a delivery driver for an extended period of time and decide how great your joke is.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Or just don't treat them like circus animals and pay them to do amuse you...

link   
You all take life way to serious. If i get a little extra something something on my pizza im cool with that. What I don't know wont hurt me.

I wonder what all of you are like in person. Probably total stiffs.

Pizza and spit time. YUM!!!

link   

Oh lord sweet baby Jesus he had to walk up three flights of stairs. Let me call the labor union and demand he get $25 bucks an hour and free healthcare.

Do you think people that are on the clock working have time to be playing your little games and tricks?

They don't. Save the games and tricks for your friends and family.

And as it has already been said, keep this up and you might be a victim of your own game next time and might end up eating something really nasty.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Being a vaper, I order a ton of stuff online. All of these places have those "boxes" you speak of. I've never thought about doing the games and such but I do leave messages letting them know they rock, their service is awesome, I'm loyal forever, keep at it, etc.

Maybe it's the mom in me... I use it like a gold star.

All this time I should have been asking them to draw me pictures and junk...

I had no clue.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I was when I was 16. Had a blast doing it. And loved customers who like to have some fun.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Jesus I never knew how many Nancy's were on ATS until now. Have a good night everybody. I hope this pissed all of you off and you go kick your dogs or rant to you significant others about what a jerk I am. I know ill sleep well knowing I made someones day and ruined other peoples day!!!

Trex Top Hat over and out!!!!!!
edit on 30-10-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Remind me to lose your parcel.

link   

Or the people on the other side of your "joke" that are able to tell you how they really feel?

link   

Try doing that all day or night all week. You are assuming all delivery people are young and healthy.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Ya a 16 year old will have a much different attitude.
Sounds like it was a high school job you could have done with out or wasn't dire if you lost it.
I guess you just assume all your drivers will be 16 year old teenagers working a high school job.
We get it, it's their fault they have this job, if they don't like your games they can get another one.

edit on thThu, 30 Oct 2014 22:28:20 -0500America/Chicago1020142080 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Looks like the OP is having a hard time realizing not everyone finds his silly antics amusing.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Not for nothing, but your delivery (pun intended) of your vignette was a little lacking. I'm sure you tip well and try to leave clever messages in the special instruction box, trying to be nice and brighten the pizza dudes day. But you came across as a little sadistic and/or oblivious about how much delivery jobs suck.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
All i know is be nice to the pizza man . Pizza always costs me 30 dollars . They get to keep the change .Pizzas normally cost around 24 dollars and here the tip is built into the price .The upside is i never wait the time shown on the order .Also occasionally the throw in little things like garlic bread. Not much but hey . Tough gig ,i really do hope they appreciate you attempt at lightening up your day .

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax
Looks like the OP is having a hard time realizing not everyone finds his silly antics amusing.

About 10% are ok with it as far as I can see.

OP was looking for a reaction..OP got it.

Peace

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622
All i know is be nice to the pizza man . Pizza always costs me 30 dollars . They get to keep the change .Pizzas normally cost around 24 dollars and here the tip is built into the price .The upside is i never wait the time shown on the order .Also occasionally the throw in little things like garlic bread. Not much but hey . Tough gig ,i really do hope they appreciate you attempt at lightening up your day .

I do something similar at the diner. If I get a $8 lunch and I have a waiter, that's still a $5 tip. First, because most people tip like crap in diners. Second, it seems like a pretty good deal to have someone waiting on you while you're stuffing a sammich into your pie hole for 30 minutes. Five bucks is a steal.

I do pretty well at my job. A sawbuck is chump change to me. But, there was a time when I was in school, and it wasn't, and I worked service jobs to make ends meet. So, best of luck to them.

posted on Oct, 30 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Haha I like you..

AS to the OP.. Your choice of Words.. Meaning how you think about things is what is messed up.
You could have used other words if you had other thoughts.

I've known way too many delivery drivers and no you're not funny.

I am not a serious person at all. I've also worked in the food industry..

I can see in your avatar with a T-Rex riding a Trike with a top hot that your idea of funny may be a bit "old people trick or treat ish."

"Mess with"

There was a study on internet trolls.. Trolls in general have an issue with self esteem. Your screen name is even less becoming...

And yes this is social pressure.. Now you know how most people think of things. Get real. You don't get to try to show off with out being chastised oh Praetorian you...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join