It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Has Totally Reinvented Human Identity—For the Worse

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Mark Zuckerberg's ideas about what constitutes "identity" aren't just laughable—they're downright destructive.

I agree with this pretty interesting, if not very new newsy, article.

Salon

Mark Zuckerberg has repeatedly affirmed that we only have one identity, and that the idea of having multiple constitutes a “lack of integrity.” Thus, Facebook has promoted a policy of authenticity, where everyone uses their “real name” under the banner of keeping everyone safe. Sounds familiar? If you are an American, you should know by now that invasions of your privacy are only for your own good!

Zuckerberg can bite me. He's an idiot who is enabling the actual loss of identity and privacy and who is endangering people on many levels in the process.

How this society allowed this idiot to get rich is something I will never understand.

Peace.

P.S. I don't really have much to say. This is for posterity. Ha.
edit on 10/29/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I jumped on the bandwagon back in 07 or 08, don't recall which. It was great, I'm living in Europe and haven't seen or spoken to my best buds in the U.S. in years. Something Facebook allowed me to do. After about four months, I got their phone numbers and email addresses and closed down my Facebook account. (Which had no real information about me at the time.)

I haven't looked back and will never consider signing up for it again.

Mark SUCKERberg thinks you're a sucker too! All your info are belong to him.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm tired of social media icons I don't use taking up space on my screen in apps I use.

I've deleted many just for that. Its one of my many pet peeves

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
I'm tired of social media icons I don't use taking up space on my screen in apps I use.

I've deleted many just for that. Its one of my many pet peeves

I so get this.

I'm tired of not being able to do anything anywhere without signing into Google or FaceBook or Twitter.

It's almost as if they're ostracizing certain people (like me). That's okay though...I'd rather be ostracized than like them

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I pretty much don't use Facebook anymore. It's a waste of time and the information you learn there isn't useful for anything.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

I jumped on the bandwagon back in 07 or 08, don't recall which. It was great, I'm living in Europe and haven't seen or spoken to my best buds in the U.S. in years. Something Facebook allowed me to do. After about four months, I got their phone numbers and email addresses and closed down my Facebook account. (Which had no real information about me at the time.)

I haven't looked back and will never consider signing up for it again.

Mark SUCKERberg thinks you're a sucker too! All your info are belong to him.

I know someone in Spain, and they are switching to Wasap to keep in touch. I think Facebook is on the way out there in a big way.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Inherently there's nothing wrong with Facebook. It's all in how you use it. I keep in touch with my family across multiple U.S. states. Works great. Apparently there's some other uses for Facebook that everyone on here is really against. I guess I don't see what identity problems there are?

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I just like texts.
Group texts, SMS, video...

If I want you to know I'll tell you. I said that once in reverse and the person was confused. I was like, if you don't want to tell me don't. I'm not into reading PR statements.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well Zarkoburg as i like to call him is the biggest CIA sponsored troll that the CIA / Military funded tech research / entrepaneur factory called Sillicon Valley has ever churned out. Case in point: he called his website Facebook.... Here he is with the indian prime minister.

But you really dont need to worry about this... Zarkoburgs ideas are not fundamentally changing human identity... Youre just suffering from a little bit of what they call "future shock"..

edit on 29-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2014 by funkadeliaaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
… In another exchange leaked to Silicon Alley Insider, Zuckerberg explained to a friend that his control of Facebook gave him access to any information he wanted on any Harvard student:

ZUCK: yea so if you ever need info about anyone at harvard
ZUCK: just ask
ZUCK: i have over 4000 emails, pictures, addresses, sns
FRIEND: what!? how’d you manage that one?
ZUCK: people just submitted it
ZUCK: i don’t know why
ZUCK: they “trust me”
ZUCK: dumb #s

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Facebook. Assbook. Whats the difference??? Egos gone totally psychotic. Spiritual Haldol, Ativan and 50 of Benadryl for good measure...IM

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Seroquel is better. Kinda miss it remembering my dreams and all..unfortunately it gave me afib.

See how that works? Cha ching $$$$$$$$

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Youve convinced me im seriously dumb.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: funkadeliaaaa

I could totally buy that...even though it may not have started out that way, it sure got there. Fast.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: superluminal11
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

Seroquel is better. Kinda miss it remembering my dreams and all..unfortunately it gave me afib.

See how that works? Cha ching $$$$$$$$

You can't give Seroquel IM! You don't think their gonna take it PO do you? Part of the symptomology is denial of illness.., the rationalizing of the irrational to fit into some deluded dream within an illusion that poses as the true reality. B52's for everybody.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Inherently there's nothing wrong with it, no. I'm sure there is some subset of people, like you, who use it to just keep in touch with family and with real friends. But that doesn't seem to be what it's really about in the end.

Plus do we really need FB for that? Wouldn't you do that anyway? Without the whole world (or underworld) knowing all your personal information and data, which yes, may be out there anyway from more of this putrid ilk, but to me, more exposure isn't a good thing.

That and I see people my age acting like children and stirring up so much drama it makes me truly wonder if all them actually shouldn't be medicated. Or step away from their computers.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Facebook is merely the first tiny baby step in humans eventually merging with machines in a couple hundred more years. Three or four generations from now, people won't believe that in the old days people actually had REAL flesh and blood relationships and met their friends face to face on a regular basis. They won't even understand the value of it.

edit on 29-10-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I was on facebook for 2 seconds back in about 2009. What a crock.

posted on Oct, 29 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Yeah and that makes me sad for future generations. Really sad. Already there is a generation that never knew life without social media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join