It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Host Tells Supermodel To Shut Up About Gun Control – ‘You Have A Nice Bottom…Stick To That

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: macman
What is wrong with admiring the female form??

Nothing. But it's totally irrelevant to her comment and is meant as a demeaning distraction from what she said to the physical.

..her inability to judge when is the right time to make comments is.

When would be the right time (according to you) for her to make a comment on her twitter account about the problems with the culture in the US? What's "inappropriate" about the time she chose?

Hey, I like the female form.

So do I. But that's just a distraction from what she said. She wasn't modeling panties here, she was giving a serious opinion on US culture. And YOU and FOX "news" decided to make it about her physicality.

Negative!!!

Like so many things, you lefties want to spin it in your favor.

She knew what role she played in life, she is a model, 99.999999% of everyone who sees or hears her will assume she is dumb, unless better information surfaces that changes their opinion.

It was a ploy, to claim sexism etc...

She is an idiot, her managers are idiots for letting her do this. She is using her position as a model to cause an uproar because every single person on left will always assume at all times, anything negative said about her is either sexist or biased in one way or another.

Just like any questioning of Hillary is always sex based, and any questioning of Obama is race based.\

It is a tired and pathetic horse that is long dead your still beating BTW, plz stop. Either argue on the merits of the conversation, or exit it, you are being quite pathetic here honestly.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If I had a tweet account, I might recently have tweeted: stabbing in Canada, or as some Canadians might call it, Tuesday

Violence and attack methods differ from place to place but the gist is, there are a lot of nut jobs out there with a million different methods to maim and kill. Singling out the US was stupid.

Just some of the results of internet search:

4/2014 five young adults were stabbed to death at a house party in Calgary
10/14 Two men stabbed in Canada’s Wonderland
01/2013 Suspects stabs seven people in Vancouver apartment building Vancouver Canada

"And nationally, it remains the most frequent type of murder."

In fact Canada has discussed banning knives. Yup, you read it right. Banning knives.
edit on 27-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: oblvion
Not to be "that guy here', but have you ever talked to a model?

Christy Turlington has a BA from NYU and is currently studying at Columbia.
Iman studied Political Science and speaks 5 languages.
Brooke Shields earned her degree at Princeton.
Tyra Banks (my favorite) attended Harvard Business School and has become a very wealthy business entrepreneur.

There are educated and uneducated... and smart and stupid... people in every profession. Making an association with models and their ability to have an intelligent discussion or opinion is EXACTLY the problem. Thank you for illustrating it.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Tyra Banks (my favorite) attended Harvard Business School and has become a very wealthy business entrepreneur.

There are educated and uneducated... and smart and stupid... people in every profession. Making an association with models and their ability to have an intelligent discussion or opinion is EXACTLY the problem. Thank you for illustrating it.

Where? Was it where I pointed out the intelligence of some of these women, in the same post you quoted out of context? Nice attempt at the "douchebagery" but I am immune.

The fact is most of these women are the idiots most people think they are. All aren't though, and I will attest to that myself, as I already have, You must have missed that while you were busy searching for one comment you could take out of context to try to defame me. Nice following the retarded lefts playbook BTW.

Wont work, but nice attempt, pathetic as it was.

Once again argue on the merits of the conversation and leave your tired and pathetic attempts and "douchery" at home....plz.....for the love of GOD!!!!!!!( I am not religious BTW, it is just a saying)

edit on 2014bMondayv26201410 by oblvion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Smart and educated are two different things. How dare her try and say what we think about it. Her remark was callous, just like the point she was trying to make. Callous and uncaring, not going to do anything about it. Just because people don't believe in gun control doesn't mean we don't want to stop these senseless killings. Protecting ourselves with guns is one way to curb the onslaught.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Like so many things, you lefties want to spin it in your favor.

Just FYI, I'm a strong proponent of firearm ownership and the second amendment. Not really a "lefty", but nice political bait.

She knew what role she played in life, she is a model,

Her "role in life"??? Yeah, more illustration of my point. Thanks. What do you do for a living? Is that your "role in life"??? Do you have opinions outside of what "your role" may imply? She's a human being and has every right to voice her opinion. But now that she's getting death threats from the rabid right-wing, she'll probably shut up.

99.999999% of everyone who sees or hears her will assume she is dumb, unless better information surfaces that changes their opinion.

99% of sexist men, maybe. That's what they do. Assume attractive women are stupid. You don't have to convince me of that. Reading this thread convinces me.

She is an idiot, her managers are idiots for letting her do this.

You think her managers have to "let her" tweet her opinion? LOL

She is using her position as a model to cause an uproar because every single person on left will always assume at all times, anything negative said about her is either sexist or biased in one way or another.

How dare I assume that talking about her nice ass when she's made a social comment is sexist! LOL

Either argue on the merits of the conversation, or exit it, you are being quite pathetic here honestly.

And the merits of the conversation are??? Her ass? According to you and FOX News, apparently! Her comment was about Gun violence and desensitization in the US. It's everyone else that has changed it to be about her ass and her career, which are ENTIRELY irrelevant!

If you want me to "exit" talk to the mods. The reason you think I'm being "pathetic" is that I've hit you where it counts. The TRUTH.

Clearly I have hit a LOT of "sore spots" with the posters in this thread. Truth hurts, don't it?
edit on 10/27/2014 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Maybe we should just base the merit of opinions based on how famous a person is.

Perhaps an opinion would be more valid if the person giving the opinion had a large twitter following.

Or, if they are really good looking. Or a politician or a lawyer. Or a model or a movie star.

Yeah.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Absolutely true. Some people don't care about facts.

The facts like harming or murdering someone is already illegal.

So the point of gun control is WHAT ?

Make more laws, and convict people who have done nothing wrong, have to prove their innocence everything they buy a gun?

Gun control advocats don't know what the hell they are talking about.

Because the only thing they are supporting is state totalitarianism.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
For the record gun ownership is not just a second amendment issue.

ALL gun control LAWS willfully violate the majority of the BILL OF RIGHTS.

The 2nd,4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th,10th.

Gun owners have been tried, judged,and convicted in the kangaroo courts of public opinion.

Not a single one has ever received their day in court., and their crimes 'proven' beyond reasonable doubt.

All gun owners have been made accountable for the actions of someone else.

But I guess due process, and the constitution is just a GD piece of paper.

And the only one that matters is 'free' speech.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

The facts like harming or murdering someone is already illegal.

So the point of gun control is WHAT ?

She never said anything about gun control and as usual you have completely made up a scenario in your head where she she said it.

Your tied old argument murder is illegal ..is pure idiocy.

The point of gun control would be to try and stop people who are mentally ill or have bad intentions from having guns.

Your are by far the worst debater...why do you constantly get into debates that are way over your head..

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

So murder isn't illegal ?

Tell me more.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The Huffington Post called it a “good point” and I agree wholeheartedly. Canadians were horrified at something Americans have become desensitized to. Gun violence in this country seems to just be an accepted fact of life here and that was the point she was trying to make.

Sure has the gun control crowds talking points down pat.

Using made up terms like 'gun violence'.

When anyone with a half a brain knows that guns don't get up all on their own,and go around shooting themselves.

It is just VIOLENCE.

As in people are violent.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Tell me more.

No really elaborate!!!!!

Why do we need more laws? It is already illegal to shoot people with guns....is that not enough said?

What can the left do, make it really really illegal to shoot people with guns?

They have no brains to influence Neo, your wasting your time here bro, this is why I was gone for a few months, I needed the break from their insanity.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: WP4YT
Without the 2nd, there would be no 1st.

Please explain the logic behind this. I know people love to say it but it's a completely meaningless slogan and repeating it shows a profound lack of awareness of the history of free speech protections under the First Amendment. Our constitutionally protected right to free speech/expression as we enjoy it now results from a series of SCOTUS rulings all the way up to the 1970's and having absolutely nothing to do with guns.

I suggest starting with the Alien and Sedition acts, made law in 1798 by many of the same folks who you likely believe gave you free speech. It's not that I'm against gun ownership — I'm just not a fan of arguments based in an ignorance of history!

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: oblvion

Why do we need more laws? It is already illegal to shoot people with guns....is that not enough said?

No really I was set 'straight'.

Apparently they want bigger government fascism.

Which is par for the course from people who call themselves 'liberal'.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would like to Tell Fox news,cnn,msnbc,drudge report, and all the other MSM " you are good in marketing and selling ads, stick to that. Leave journalism to others.

This is nothing more than distraction and not worthy news. Squirrel ....

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Tell me more.

Why do you keep bring this up in a debate about guns...everyone knows murder is illegal. It is idiotic because you seem to think it makes sense to bring that up in a gun debate. Do you think murder is only committed by guns?

Does that also mean we should stop trying to keep guns out of bad guys hands?

But that is beside the point because she never mentioned anything about gun control.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

No really elaborate!!!!!

What can the left do, make it really really illegal to shoot people with guns?

They have no brains to influence Neo, your wasting your time here bro, this is why I was gone for a few months, I needed the break from their insanity.

Of course...(sigh) gun control is about making it harder for people with mental illness and bad guys to get guns.

So please go waste some time someplace else until you have a valid debate point where trying to keep guns away from bad people and mental illness is a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 27 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Because gun control is IDOTIC on so many levels.

From our government being the largest arms dealers in the world.

To arming drug cartels in central America to terrorists in the ME.

Everyone is better armed than the average Anerican.

Some one needs to explain to me how MORE LAWS is going to do anything.

Point of fact some people need to effing learn that YOU CAN NOT LEGISLATE human behavior.

It only punishes after the fact, and punishes those of us who do nothing at all.

For something that is ALREADY ILLEGAL.

What part of that is someone missing.

Just arguing for the hell of it?

edit on 27-10-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join