It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Doctor positive for Ebola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Just heard it was confirmed getting the link now.

N Y Times Link

A doctor in New York City who recently returned from treating Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the Ebola virus Thursday, becoming the city’s first diagnosed case.

The doctor, Craig Spencer, was rushed to Bellevue Hospital on Thursday and placed in isolation while health care workers spread out across the city to trace anyone he might have come into contact with in recent days. A further test will be conducted by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to confirm the initial test.

I really thought from the initial reports this was the case all along, he is a doctor that just returned from the hot zone. He would know best as to what to look for.

I guess it's time to see if things in NYC get treated better then Dallas. I'm anxiously hoping it does being I'm in Manhattan all the time and the population density makes me worry even more.

Your never more then a wall away from lots of people in NY. I would have been there tomorrow if it wasn't for my kids having off.

Looking now to see if there's anything else on this from our Ebola Czar, am I the only one that feels this title is idiotic?

Here is the CNN Link
edit on 10/23/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

you don't even have to search... just even check the ebola page?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

I didn't see a thread as to a confirmed test though.
Just came in on every station here in Jersey.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

yeah it appears to be the real deal. Feel like our government is failing us atm.

cheers

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Dear God. I hope this hasn't spread beyond him.

Someone better tell the new Ebola Czar!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
New York is pretty close to home I guess I'll have to start paying attention now.

/sigh

#ebolafalseflag

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Just heard it was confirmed getting the link now.

N Y Times Link

A doctor in New York City who recently returned from treating Ebola patients in Guinea tested positive for the Ebola virus Thursday, becoming the city’s first diagnosed case.

The doctor, Craig Spencer, was rushed to Bellevue Hospital on Thursday and placed in isolation while health care workers spread out across the city to trace anyone he might have come into contact with in recent days. A further test will be conducted by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to confirm the initial test.

I really thought from the initial reports this was the case all along, he is a doctor that just returned from the hot zone. He would know best as to what to look for.

I guess it's time to see if things in NYC get treated better then Dallas. I'm anxiously hoping it does being I'm in Manhattan all the time and the population density makes me worry even more.

Your never more then a wall away from lots of people in NY.

Dallas was unlucky enough to have the first ever Ebola case in United States. I think everyone learned from our mistakes. At least I hope everyone did.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Population centers like New York are the perfect storm for ebola to become a pandemic. It is more dangerous in the cold than the heat. Winter is coming.........coincidence?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

They do seem to be on the ball but this doctor allegedly had little contact with Ebola patients.

Again I feel like we are not being told the accurate truth.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

Jesus.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Even as the authorities worked to confirm that Mr. Spencer was infected with Ebola, it emerged that he traveled from Manhattan to Brooklyn on the subway on Wednesday night, when he went to a bowling alley, and then took a taxi home.

Jesus.

Well at least I get to die because of some douche in a giant city I will never even see with my own eyes.

Awesome sauce!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Looking now to see if there's anything else on this from our Ebola Czar, am I the only one that feels this title is idiotic?

You'll have to blame FDR for that one. He used it three times while he was in office, and it's been used 20 times during various presidencies. I don't mind it, actually. Implies we are really going after something.

But now.......... if we only would!

(It's just a nick-name. There are actually real titles for these czars.)
edit on 10/23/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Manhattan and New York City are scary thought for a breeding ground! Tons of people visiting, traveling, flying places, etc....hmmmmmm.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope this isn't the beginning of a disaster.

There is no chance for sterilization of all places this man went in the last day. Luckily he is a doctor, I'm hoping he's also one that practices proper hygene. He had to of used a bathroom somewhere like the bowling alley. Which leads to a question, I heard urine was sterile, can you get it from contact with it?

Anyone know for sure?

Having experience with the opposite sexes bathroom habits, I can assume this might be an issue do to missage.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I think urine might be sterile to you if it's
your own, but not someone else, that would be
contaminated.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
This guy would have been properly quarantined when he returned to NYC 10 days ago if Obama had put the flight restrictions into practice when they should have been.
This never should've been allowed to happen.
edit on 23-10-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I've been saying and hearing this from everyone.

A thread I posted in 3 weeks ago stated we will know in 21 days what to expect, that day will be Saturday.

I don't understand why they couldn't come up with a plan weeks ago other then to fear upsetting the airline industry. The writting was on the wall, yet they hesitated, now I am left with 0% faith in our bureaucracy.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Like the financial, real estate, and other situations of recent memory.....
I honestly get the impression that those in charge are totally down with making everything worse instead of fixing anything.......
The drift im getting is to hell with all these people...weve got to depopulate and after all....weve got the deep underground bunkers to hide in....so let em die any way we can get them to.....

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The story says this man returned from Africa Oct 14th.

The "Dallas" case was well underway by then I think.

Why wouldn't a doctor who obviously knows and understands Ebola not quarantine himself?

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread.

Ebola patient is in NY

new topics

top topics

join