It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cake Baking Gay Haters and Gay Mating Cake Tasters find Common Ground

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, it looks like these two sides may find some common ground after all. Could this be the first step toward peace between the so called Gay Agenda/Gay Mafia and the Christian Evangelical Fundimentalists??? I for one certainly hope so!!!

Christian Bakers Who Lost Their Shop After Refusing to Make a Wedding Cake for a Lesbian Couple Are in for a Major Surprise

Aaron and Melissa Klein, the Christian bakers who gained national attention after they refused to make a wedding cake for a lesbian couple, are in for a big surprise: a gay man who fervently disagrees with their stance on homosexuality is planning to willingly give them a large sum of money.

But Matt Stolhandske, a board member of Evangelicals for Marriage Equality, a coalition of Christians who support same-sex marriage, recently launched an online campaign to raise money for the Klein family, despite his opposition to their views.

“As a gay man, I should hate Melissa and Aaron Klein,” Stolhandske wrote in a recent Washington Post op-ed. “I’m also an evangelical Christian. I can’t understand why Klein or any other Christians twist the words of Jesus Christ to justify this behavior. To me, it’s a deeply harmful and embarrassing bastardization of our faith.”

But he went on to write that, as a Christian, he believes that he’s called to love even those with whom he disagrees, so he’s raising the funds so that the Kleins and their five children won’t suffer under the weight of the potentially massive fine.

Wow. A Evangelical Christian who actually "Love's His Enemy" and shows Grace and Acceptance toward those who oppose him. Finally a member of Religion that is worthy of Respect and who leads by example. Then to top it all off, he's Gay as well. I for one think this guy is a shining example of who we as people of different paths can aspire to. Congrats to this man, may he live a long happy life and blaze a clear path for others to follow. Perhaps there is hope for us yet.

What do you people think??
edit on 21-10-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
it confuses me every time i read one of these threads because i have to go find a dictionary and look up the words perfect and absolute, then look back at the computer and wonder to myself how so many people can take one perfect truth and turn it into a thousand variations and still be convinced each and every one of those variations is exactly as true and perfect as the original.

but i digress. this is but one small step in a long journey for many. its good to take that first step, but its also important to keep going.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sounds like something Jesus would do...

i still don't think there should be a fine. The people here
voted with their feet and these homophobes went out
of business. That's the way it should be...

I hope the guy's heart is in the right place and this isn't
just a PR stunt, but either way it remains an excellent
point made...

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
That title is freaking awesome. Gave me a good laugh. Star and a flag just for that.

I think what he's doing is awesome. Love the sinner hate the sin. Or bigotry.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think the man understands how to lead by example.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Wouldn't it be great if everyone took his example? I'm sure even the most staunch religious person could find it in their heart to stop judging everyone and just love... It's the only way this "tension" is going to go away.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm sure even the most staunch religious person could find it in their heart to stop judging everyone and just love

Which is also sort of the point of most religions.

I still don't get why religious people think that gay stuff is somehow a worse sin than all the other crap people do. Even if I thought it was a sin it would be on the very low end of the sin spectrum.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm not to sure I want somebody forced to cook for me. Mmmmmm spit flavored...
Nice they can act like adults though.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think this is what's called "rising above it". It's what Jesus would do.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

best thread title today. LOL

RE: the story....nice to hear. What better way to stab them in the eye with a stick than to bail them out?

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ok, one more time ... if you believe that marriage is between a man and a women, it does not make you a gay hater, and if you think that baking the cake is part of participating in the ceremony, then you are taking part in something that makes a mockery of what God said and Christ later reiterated.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Ok, one more time ... if you believe that marriage is between a man and a women, it does not make you a gay hater, and if you think that baking the cake is part of participating in the ceremony, then you are taking part in something that makes a mockery of what God said and Christ later reiterated.

Yes, it does make you a gay hater - it means you actively discriminate and believe they are less than you are. Get over it! That is over and done with and this is about what happened long after. You not only can't handle not getting your way, but you also can't seem to notice who in this story was the bigger person and more christlike!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Right, make sure you find a way to sew the same old dissention in a thread about finding ways to come together.

No compromise, no common understanding, no middle of the road solutions ... arrgh.

Sounds like the guy is actually following some of the positive tenets of his religion. Good on him!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Awesome person.

Even more awesome title. Nicely done.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

And one more time... if you can't run a business within the confines of the law (and a law by the way that is Constitutional) then you don't deserve to run a business. There are ways around this, don't run your business as open to the public.

Why are anti-discrimination laws Constitutional? Because the Constitution grants Congress the authority to regulate commerce and Congress at inception decided to go with the old public accommodation model (true free market) wherein a business open to the public must serve the entire defined public. As America and its States progressed (don't worry it just means advanced) through history more and more types of people (through unrest and the will of the people) became members of the public.

Now non-whites are accepted as the public everywhere in America, same for women, same for the disabled and slowly but surely homosexuals and transgendered people are also becoming defined as members of the public. The 14th Amendment firmly places all of this within Constitutionality.

Does everyone get it now?

And it is awesome to see this, can't say I'd be that big of a person... it's inspiring.
edit on 10/21/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Let them eat gay cake.

Can't we all just get along?

Where there's smoke, there's gay cake.

...and other memes, just with gay. As for the title of this thread, could be made out of stone and mounted somewhere visible - nice work!

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

A most excellent and accurate summary!

Just to let you know I literally LOLed when I read : "don't worry it just means advanced."

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I did also when it popped into my head.

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

What do you people think??

I think I love stories like this

And - I think you write a mean thread title :-)

S&F
edit on 10/21/2014 by Spiramirabilis because: because I can't write

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I hope they tell him to take his pity money and shove it up his you know what. These people stood their ground and God will bless them in whatever they do.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join