It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doctor Says She Was Cured Of Ebola Despite 'No Known Cure'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dr. Ada Igonoh claims she has been cured of the Ebola disease after contracting it from a patient. If what she is saying it true, it bodes well for future treatment. As in anything, catching it early is key.

Doctor says she has been cured of Ebola

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jaellma

I don't understand this at all. Maybe I missed something? The Zaire strain of Ebola (purportedly) involved in this outbreak has a mortality rate of about 50%. It's probably much better in the West vs. African ghettos.

So anyone that doesn't die, is essentially "cured". What's the big deal?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Zaire is what this outbreak is supposed to be - they said so during yesterday's congressional hearing; it's the most lethal at about 80% fatalities.

This video makes no sense; I don't see how the virus could be clear of her system so quickly, especially when she says she was treated with antibiotics for something else. Are they trying to imply that the virus DIES in the body that quickly, so as to be undetectable, whereas other people die with it and they're still a radiantly hot zone of virus after death?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire
So, now I am confused now. Maybe she still has the virus but not totally cured of it?

Someone is not telling the whole story.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Uh- every time she started getting specific about treatment did the audio cut out for everyone else too?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
What I noticed is that the guy that originally had it said he hadn't been around anyone with ebola nor attended any funerals. Does this mean it is possibly airborne?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JG1993
Uh- every time she started getting specific about treatment did the audio cut out for everyone else too?

Yup. Odd, that. I think she was implying that fluid replenishment and antibiotics (for an infection from the diarrhea??) 'cured' her.

The real Ebola I've read about kills from a full blown circulatory collapse caused by the tissues dissolving for lack of a better description. Fluid replenishment ain't gonna work and up to now, antibiotics haven't been known to work against viruses.

How come these 'survivors' look like they haven't even been ill? Brantly, and Pham on video yesterday, and now this woman? Nothing so much as a bruise where the IV was.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
If its a different thing other than ebola, ie malaria, virus blend of some kind, bad flu combination like entervirus68 with something else. I don't happen to buy into the ebola thing.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
If its a different thing other than ebola, ie malaria, virus blend of some kind, bad flu combination like entervirus68 with something else. I don't happen to buy into the ebola thing.

By all means go volunteer in Africa, since you don't think there's a real threat of ebola...

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

A couple people listed 50% and 80% mortality rate in this thread. From what I've read I thought it was more around 60% mortality, meaning that 40% of people that come down with it live.

The survivors are still infectious with certain bodily fluids for up to around 90 days later. The virus is still active in things like semen, so they can still transmit the disease.

While they manage to live, and still have infectious viral matter in them, they also have antibodies which helped them live past the lethal stage of the virus, which can be separated from the blood and used to help fight the virus in other people.

The person speaking in this video is kind of a dummy, because she says "because you were cured what does this mean for other people..." when every day there are survivors. Survivors are nothing new because this strain doesn't kill 100% of the people who contract it. The Dr., says herself the mortality rate is between 50-90%.

A study done on other strains and I believe Zaire strain as well, is that survivors generally have an ability in their red blood cells to repair cellular damage. Ebola causes massive damage to cells by literally blowing them apart from the inside out. So the body needs to repair itself if it has any hope to survive.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

People of scottish decendants don't get ebola.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Did this woman also have a talking 2-month old infant who grew into a full-grown man in about 5seconds in front of her?

top topics

join