It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sam's Club recalls 'Simply Right' baby wipes due to potentially harmful bacteria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Searched, didn't find.

And now for something non-Ebola related:

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 11:47AM

HOUSTON --

Simply Right baby wipes from Sam's Club have been recalled after the wipes were found to have bacteria that can make kids sick.

Sam's Club stopped selling the wipes after the manufacturer, Nutek Disposables, Inc., found that the packages have B. cepacia bacteria. According to Sam's Club, the bacteria could make children with chronic health problems or a weakened immune system more susceptible to infections.

Source

So let me get this straight, right when we find out that the most deadly pathogen sknown to man has been introduced to our area we also find out the largest retailer in the area has been selling a product that makes its users more susceptible to infections.

That's just great.
edit on 17-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/17/2014 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Edit-- ALL caps, don't use 'em

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Don't you start to think these things are terrorist related? there are just to many "accidental" contaminations now days.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
seems strange to hear that there are potentially harmful bacteria on a baby wipe BEFORE they are used.

Afterwards...WOOO WHOOO. they need to be treated as a biohazard.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wait. Since when did Walmart start caring about its customers?
edit on 17-10-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
And all these wipes are giving people allergic reactions. Also, antibacterial products are weakening our immune systems. When something truly devastating begins to spread, our immune systems won't stand a chance. S + F

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Intentional?

Not quite sure I buy that.

Shoddy practices and people pencil whipping checklists?

Oh yeah you bet.

The caps were verbatim from the source story I copy/pasted from

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Wait. Since when did Walmart start caring about its customers?

Walmart has always cared about their customers.
Just not their employees. . Smh

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

HA! That's a laugh. The only thing that Walmart cares about is green and fits in your wallet.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
10 things you should know

10 Things You Should Know About Burkholderia Cepacia

I read this and don't really understand how it got onto baby wipes?

Most dangerous for people who have cystic fibrosis.

"B. cepacia can live on surfaces such as sinks, counter tops, clothing and chairs for up to 2 hours if the droplets are dry and up to 24 hours if they are wet"

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hmmm...just bought a big ole box of these a few weeks ago and just now I see a recall email from Sams Club in my junk email folder. This is a little concerning for me as I do have a 3 year old who has battled laryngomalacia ( is the most common cause of stridor in infancy, in which the soft, immature cartilage of the upper larynx collapses inward during inhalation, causing airway obstruction. It can also be seen in older patients, especially those with neuromuscular conditions resulting in weakness of the muscles of the throat. However, the infantile form is much more common.) Every year it gets better as he ages so I will be taking these back. Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Are they supposed to be an anti-bacterial wipe? If so, how come they didn't kill the bacteria?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
WAL*MART (the waltons family)
they own more than 40-50% of the US population combined
(land of the free and all that)

keep an eye out for the melamine milk, it's on special next week

i've noticed how these sanitation things are in shopping malls & whatnot now
/feels all warm & fuzzy

..i liked that keaton version of batman with the laced smilex products that were fine on their own, but when taken together in certain combinations....

..sorry, i tend to ramble now & then

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: HawkeyeNation
Hmmm...just bought a big ole box of these a few weeks ago and just now I see a recall email from Sams Club in my junk email folder. This is a little concerning for me as I do have a 3 year old who has battled laryngomalacia ( is the most common cause of stridor in infancy, in which the soft, immature cartilage of the upper larynx collapses inward during inhalation, causing airway obstruction. It can also be seen in older patients, especially those with neuromuscular conditions resulting in weakness of the muscles of the throat. However, the infantile form is much more common.) Every year it gets better as he ages so I will be taking these back. Thanks for posting!

Wait, can you tell us who manufactures them and the ingredients on the label or any other noticeable information that may shed light on them? Have you used them before?

Never mind, I'm looking up the MSDS and they're from Canada and United Kingdom. Nice-Pak Products Inc.
edit on 17-10-2014 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

top topics

join