It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cruise ship carrying Texas Ebola health worker refused entry in Belize

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What's wrong with the people at that Dallas hospital??

Not the only one going on public transport trips. This one goes on a Caribbean cruise, spoils everybody else's dream vacation. Good decision made by Belize to not let them ashore.This woman shouldn't have left her texas shore line though.

washington post

The Belize coast guard is refusing to allow passengers from a cruise ship to come ashore because it’s carrying a Texas hospital worker who handled a lab specimen from the man who died of Ebola in Dallas, according to news reports from Belize. A White House official confirmed to the Associated Press early Friday morning that that the unnamed Dallas health care worker is on the ship and is “self-quarantined.” But the White House did not identify the country.

The official told the AP that the woman, who is accompanied by her husband, has shown no signs of the disease for 17 days. The AP said the State Department is working to secure the couple’s transportation home. According to the Belizean, the ship is the Carnival Magic, carrying 3,652 passengers. It departed from Galveston, Tx., on Oct. 12 and arrived in in Belize Thursday morning. Belize is a small country on the Carribbean coast just south of Yucatan and east of Guatemala.

It was uncertain this morning whether the woman had actual contact with Liberian Thomas Eric Duncan, who died at the hospital on Oct. 8 what sort of lab specimen she handled and what, if any, protective gear she was wearing.

edit on 17-10-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Adding a new and troubling dimension to the search for Americans possibly exposed to the Ebola virus, the State Department said Friday that an employee of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who may have had contact with specimens of the disease had left the United States aboard a cruise ship. The employee and a traveling partner, who were not identified by name, had agreed to remain isolated in a cabin aboard the vessel, the State Department said, and “out of an abundance of caution” efforts were underway to repatriate them. A physician aboard the cruise ship had said the employee was in good health.

new york times

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

WHAT THE ACTUAL FÜ@K ????

How are these people being allowed to TRAVEL?????

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Belizean News Source

Saw this a couple hours ago. According to the report the health worker aboard is in fact showing symptoms. That's how they were alerted of the possible danger to begin with, apparently it isn't just based on "an abundance of caution" as the CDC has been so keen on saying and those American media sources are reporting.

“Confirmed with representatives of the Ministry of Health that they have indeed received a report that there is at least one passenger on board the cruise ship, Carnival Magic, showing symptoms similar to that of the Ebola virus. According to the report made to MOH, the person exhibiting the symptoms did not come ashore today. The ship is reportedly carrying 3652 passengers and a total population of 4633 persons.

edit on 17-10-2014 by JG1993 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
but really i don't get it.
she shows no symptoms, the whole 21 days thing is incredibly rare, symptoms hit in 6 days in the majority of cases.
But all that aside...is this how we are going about it now? she was fine enough to go on vacation...i dunno, it seems like a whole new level of paranoia to me.
i get we need to take this seriously, and work at containment (funny how they had 19 cases in africa and managed to contain it, and stop it from spreading, and with just 3 cases in the US, the whole country is on it's knees) but sometimes it feels like invasion of the body snatchers type of paranoia.
my dark dark soul would be entertained if the president or someone decided to sink the ship.
"it's the only way to be sure"
i mean aside form hype...can anyone point out to the disease actually you know...spreading? any new confirmed cases beyond the 3 so far?
can someone give me a reason to panic aside from hypotheticals?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse
but really i don't get it.
she shows no symptoms, the whole 21 days thing is incredibly rare, symptoms hit in 6 days in the majority of cases.
But all that aside...is this how we are going about it now? she was fine enough to go on vacation...i dunno, it seems like a whole new level of paranoia to me.

Oh you think it's your right to gamble with me and my family's lives do you???

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
very indolent behavior from the US...

really people...you claim to be the most advanced nation on Earth, yet in these instances (not only these)...your leaders are behaving like idiots.

This almost looks like...the US doesn't care if there were an outbreak in the US.

The way things are going...we don't have a chance to stop this from spreading.

Smart move by the Belize...that's the way it's done if you really care about your people.

JAK

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   
This topic is already available for discussion here: Please visit the above thread for further information and comment.

Thank you.

top topics

join