It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola: Protecting Our Healthcare Workers (and Ourselves)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Also people that get ebola and survived, are only immune for 10 years, but that doesn't mean that they will not susceptible to other variations of it.

I guess like the seasonal flu.

edit on 15-10-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

I understand that there is no Ebola vaccine. The question in my mind is, does our exposure to other live and not so live pathogens via vaccinations, MMR, Polio, and flu set certain populations up for immune failures, causing an uptake for other pathogens?

edit on 15-10-2014 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Witness2008

I understand that there is no Ebola vaccine. The question in my mind is, does our exposure to other live and not so live pathogens via vaccinations, MMR, Polio, and flu set certain populations up for immune failures, causing an uptake for other pathogens?

I wouldn't be surprised.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well I am not saying not to us bleach, I read some place that ebola can survive ammonia based cleaners.

As far as disinfecting around patients, critical patients, it is not going to help them heal. Upper respiratory illness are subject to any kind of cleaner but clorox is the worst.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

What can we anticipate in terms of the timing of vaccine availability for the 2014-15 season?

Distribution of products began in August and manufacturer projections indicate that the majority of vaccine will be distributed by the end of October. However, some vaccine distribution will likely continue into November.

Are all influenza vaccines the same?

Different influenza vaccine preparations have different indications as licensed by the FDA. See the table below for an overview of these indications.

Top of Page
TABLE 1. Influenza Vaccines — United States, 2014–15 Influenza Season*

Vaccine

Trade name

Manufacturer

Presentation

Mercury content from thimerosal

www.cdc.gov...

Yeah this did not come out like I hoped, check out this link, it is very important and relevant to the thread subject. Good thing they knew late October would be when the big need would present itself. So onward with the BIG PUSH...

PLEASE read this link... www.cdc.gov...

edit on pm1031pmWed, 15 Oct 2014 15:39:04 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: antar

True. So much of everything is "Damned if you do, damned if you don't."

Sucks.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Also people that get ebola and survived, are only immune for 10 years, but that doesn't mean that they will not susceptible to other variations of it.

I guess like the seasonal flu.

That 10 year immunity thing isn't proved, just speculated. But yeah, looks like we just might be in for a "seasonal Ebola" effect. I wonder, Will that effect be global or restricted to West Africa?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join