It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Dallas worker tests positive for Ebola (third US case)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Didn't see this posted though it may be given the vigilance here regarding Ebola. I had expected a sexond or third case, but figured theyd be within Duncan's family NOT 2 healthcare workers. This could very well mean more to come. This is the third case confirmed in the US.

A second health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital who provided care for Thomas Eric Duncan has tested positive for Ebola, the state's health department said Wednesday.The worker reported a fever Tuesday and was immediately isolated, health department spokeswoman Carrie Williams said.The facility will now begin monitoring all those who had contact with the unidentified worker for signs of potential exposures.

CNN

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I don't care what anyone says.. this is getting scary !

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadlink

It is indeed.

Apparently it was already posted ( I tried to post it in alternative news but didnt see the submit button on my phone)

Here is the thread appeared first:
ats 2nd ebola case

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:47 AM
link   
--Edited for article shared already-see link--, thanks.---
edit on 15-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
How are the healthcare workers the ones getting sick when they're the ones suited up with protection gear.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Information block about Duncan´s family whereabouts and what is going on with them is quite worrisome. Can anyone actually believe that they are not infected atm. Judge Jenkins was quite scared in the latest press release I wonder if there will be another live press about this. if there is please send us a link !

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

The hospital didnt have adequate gear or waste disposal (duncans soiled sheets and materials piled high apparently).

Someone made a thread before me on this though. I linked above so in case this thread is closed soon as I expect you might want to post your comment there so it doesnt go unanswered by others.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

They said they were moved from the infected place to an apartment paid for by a good samaritan or church group. It wasnt secret and I imagine they are still there for a week or so more.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow
to keep track of this, and help make some sense of it, we should unify threadsl in some way, one thread for the number of potential cases, for confirmed cases, and for government actions and debates, it's getting overwhelming...how many confirmed cases in the US so far? 2? 20?
the issue with all these posts created one after the other is that they bombard the reader with an overflow of information, that is not streamlined in any way.
my personal concern is what plans politicians hatch.
If anyone has seen the movie "the crazies" (the original, not the remake, even if it was pretty damn good)
you will remember how the government's solution was to have a b52 with a nuclear bomb fly over the infected region, ready to drop it if things got out of hand.
Are modern day politicians stupid enough to try something like that? really?
(crickets chirping)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

Yeah. I tried to post it in alt news. I alerted the mods to move or delete my thread since there were others I didnt see.

To answer your question there are three confirmed cases in the US.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So much for the CDC director ... he threw the first nurse under the bus and saying that she broke protocol. What's he going to say about this? More nonsense.

Something else is going on. Either the hospital staff aren't given the proper procedures by the CDC .. or ebola is being spread in a manner that isn't being discussed. I wonder how that creepy CDC dude will spin this one ...

My thoughts are with the healthcare workers in Dallas who all were exposed to this and who trusted that the CDC were keeping them safe.

My thoughts are also drifting in the direction of ... where is patient zeros family and why haven't we heard anything from them except that they want to sue the hospital ....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 10/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I've read that Duncan's hospital waste was piled almost to the ceiling since they werent prepared for disposal. Also the nurses PPE wasnt sufficient and didnt cover the nurses necks. They wrapped their necks with tape. Im also thinking this strain has possibly gone airborne. It has been anamalous from the start with less hemorrhaging than other strands. It also began in a country it had never been in before. Something strange and different going on.

Also.. you are a mod. I alerted after I realized a thread was made 20 min before mine. I originally tried to post this in breaking alt news but it didny allow me. So if people are going to keep discussing here I would ask if the threas couls be moved to breaking alt. Of course if people arent using this thread than delete and redirect to the other.

edit on 15-10-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Third official paitient...

link

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: dollukka

They said they were moved from the infected place to an apartment paid for by a good samaritan or church group. It wasnt secret and I imagine they are still there for a week or so more.

Actually, they're in a house behind gates with lots of land that a doctor supposedly donated to them as a temporary residence. And they are free to roam about outside!

IMO, I think they're sick because we haven't heard BOO from them.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

The story about her alleged bf went around earlier. Unless he is also a healthcare worker at the hospital I doubt its him.

They are also watching her dog after outcries when the spanish patients peta were destroyed.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Why would the gov admit to careworkers being sick but not thw family membera moat likely to have contracted it?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Why would the gov admit to careworkers being sick but not thw family membera moat likely to have contracted it?

Exactly. It makes no sense that they would hide it. Even if they were to try to hide it, the other family members would know, and they wouldn't keep it secret.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Maybe theyre lying... i auno our Gov never lies #satire
Maybe Miss Pham went home used her bath and body works soap then boytoy comes in shower and you know what happens then ebola spread mistake 101 she should have gone through decontamination before leaving that hospital!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Who knows but it is really odd because the family was doing interviews with news outlets too like the daily mail UK i think it was , they were keepingin contact with them now they suddenly arent!??

Maybe they are treating them at the residence that was donated too them and they are trying to reduce fear its alot harder too keep quiet that a healthcare worker that is being treated in a hospital is infected rather than this family that alot of people seem too have forgotten about..

Something must be really really wrong in their procedures for handling this for this too happen with a 2nd worker, maybe they were working together at the same time when contaminated? They were both showing symptoms around the same time, i really hope almost the whole 70 aren't infected.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Can't wait to hear Bagdad Frieden say we know how Ebola is spread and we're stopping Ebola dead in its tracks.

Yippyyyyyyyy.

ETA:

On a more serious note. Think about the fact that 70+ healthcare workers are under watch who treated Duncan in this one hospital. Now with two additional patients (healthcare workers, themselves), how many more healthcare workers will be involved?

Pretty scary when they don't even really know how or why these two got sick.
edit on 15-10-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join