It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RAF Menwith Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
RAF Menwith Hill is a USAF base, well a radar, telecoms site where they moniter all the communications probably from all around europe, if anyone can, could u fill me in on any information about Menwith Hill, if there has been any strange activity, strange noises, Men in Black suits!!??, anything would be appriciated....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
NSA Base.

That's all I'm saying....

posted on Dec, 8 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
NSA, i can see where your coming from...

posted on Dec, 17 2004 @ 11:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Try this website. It has a few pictures and some interesting comments.

www.daelnet.co.uk/features/menwithhill

Also spend some time looking up Echelon and secret listening posts.

AW

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here's one where you can find out what the loony anti-American protestors have been up to at Menwith and other UK bases:

www.caab.org.uk...

By the way, the base is currently in the process of moving from Army to Air Force control...

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
There's been a lot of work been done in the last year.
I've lost count of the number of golfballs, there's also a big shed (type thing) gone up as well.
Loads more cameras, razor wire and pollice.
There was a blue clouds above the station a few years ago, and a light seen coming out of M.H.S.
Forrest Moor has also moved into M.H.S. by the look of it as well, there's also a lot of road works(Trunking for cables) on all the main roads leading to M.H.S. and the surrounding military bases.

Someone has to watch em.

posted on Dec, 28 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Last time i visited that place i got pulled over by the anti-terrorist police. ALthough they were friendly enough, i had them searching in the back of the 4x4 for souvineers heh.

Wierd looking place, although it has to have high defence as it stores nuclear arms.

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Do what?

It doesn't store nuclear arms, or indeed any arms at all (aside from whatever the guards use).

OK, let me back up a little: I haven't personally searched every square inch of the place, but I know what the mission is and it's nothing to do with nukes.

Where does your data come from?

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
My friend does a course in countryside and agricultural studies. He had to write an essay regarding the delievery of nuclear arms to this site and how it could affect the environment etc. As this place is very much so in the countryside.

Why do you think they have so many protesters every week/month? Its not just because they're american :p

posted on Dec, 29 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
For the link between nukes, the USA and Menwith Hill, have a read of this page from the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament site - www.cnduk.org...

Also check out this transcript from the UK House of Commons dating 2001 - www.publications.parliament.uk...

[edit on 29-12-2004 by SimonGray]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
None of those links mention the presence (or lack thereof) of nukes at Menwith.

That's not to say that there's nothing questionable going on there, I just don't think it involves nukes.

The protestors come because they're misguided and/or they don't have lives.

join