It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

........Women........

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: snarky412

Don't get me wrong... I love my wife and my little girls...

I'm just having one of those days where I just want to scream....WOMEN.... AHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Ah no worry, I completely understand

I'll scream with you......WOMEN!!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Having read a few of these responses, I have to say this for us men: Men are not only detail oriented when it comes to cars, sports, and women. Men are, generally, detail oriented in anything that happens to appeal to them.

For example, I happen to like to read, write stories, work on computers, discuss current events, politics, and play video games occasionally. You can have an exhaustive conversation with me on those topics virtually any time of the day. As far as women go, my "detail orientation" usually revolves around what argument we've recently had, or what chore she's asked me to do (usually at the most inconvenient time possible). Cars? Forget it. I won't bother discussing cars with anyone. I have an old VW Jetta, and I hate it. I won't talk about newer, nicer cars because I've never owned one, and likely never will, so why talk about them, or admire them?

We men are not as one-dimensional as popular culture has programmed society to believe, and women are certainly not the all-empathic creatures they are portrayed to be, either. There's been many a time when a woman's eyes have glazed over in much the same way I have been accused of allowing mine to do, whenever a topic that isn't interesting to her comes up; she nods, and her eyes move over everything in the room, until they fall upon an item that will enable her to change the course of the discussion toward something of interest to her.

As far as society, and its popular portrayal of men is concerned, men are woefully misrepresented.
edit on 10/14/2014 by ProfessorChaos because: Typo

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

ROFLMAO
My husband is lucky,,, I like to shoot,

I like to ride,

I like his friends,

I like to Cook, Sleep and Sex,,,,,
and I have a GPS!
I don't understand football, so with his friends and their wives and I at the sports bar, just Drink and Grunt and Fart and Spit
!

After so many years and my husband understanding Mandarin so I'll whisper in his ear we need to leave so it looks like a Manly Decision,,,, His!
Talking,,,,He'd Better Listen if he Know's What's Good For Him!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
All he and I ever talk about is football, beer and hot car's... he only mentions the divorce while the refs were moving the first down marker... then we were back to talking about important stuff like football beer and hot cars....

Honest question: Is that really the way men are with their friends?

Honestly, I am totally shocked and actually saddened if that is true. Having such a superficial relationship with my friends would feel so fake and trivial. Like you would have no one to emotionally bond with.

Would this man just be trying to act tough? As in, he is secretly dying on the inside over the divorce but doesn't want to come across as weak and emotional in front of his 'bud.'

Yes, I know men's emotions are not as extreme as ours but I never believed the myth that men were totally emotionally vacant either. Having friends that just talk about sports, cars, and beer would bore me to death and is why I don't hang out with women who just want to talk about shoes, kids, and soap operas.

ETA: I am so fascinated by this I am tempted to make a new thread.
edit on 10/14/2014 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

edit on 14-10-2014 by guohua because: Probably shouldn't.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AshleyD

Metaphors, analogies and the elusive I Don't Care.

Men swing their... and everything goes on. Just guy talk. It take NO thought. Just banter. It's what we need when we're together. Thinking is what we have to do around our families.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

That could be a good enough answer I suppose. You guys just want to chill with your buddies.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AshleyD
a reply to: intrepid

That could be a good enough answer I suppose. You guys just want to chill with your buddies.

That's it. No thought. Just chillin. You'll notice the obnoxious one doesn't hang around long.
No time for that.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

My personal favorite:

Men: Whataya want for dinner?
Women: I don't care anything.

Men: Ok I will order a pizza.
Women: No I don't want pizza you always get pizza.

Men: Ok Whataya want?
Women: I don't care pick something.

Men: Ok lets go get some chicken.
Women: No I don't want chicken we had that 3 days ago.

Men: Ok whataya want??
Women: I don't know something different.

Men: Ok lets go to a restaurant and you can pick from a menu.
Women: Na I don't want to go anywhere.

Men: Ok whataya want????
Women: I don't know we always have the same thing you decide.

Men: Ok lets just go get a hamburger I am hungry now.
Women: A hamburger?? What kind of hamburger?

Men: I don't care at this point I am just hungry I need to eat.
Women: Alright then go get yourself something I am not hungry anyway.

Men: Ok I'll be back in a bit.
Women: Ok if you love me, bring me back something and surprise me.

Men: You know I love you, whataya want?
Women: Stop at Johnny Ricksaw's and get me some Chinese food.

Men: Ok whataya want??????
Women: I don't care just get me something!!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

My husband say all mens favorite answer is,,,,,,or should be

Yes Dear, Whatever You Say Dear

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

That's probably why I'm twice divorced. I don't do that.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
You do know that's "men's code" for eff-you right???

Guys aren't all that different than us.....
calling each other from different aisle's in Home Depot to GUSH about what they found on sale? CHECK!!
All wearing plaid flannels? CHECK!
Carhardts with flannels in winter? CHECK!
Caught by us wifey's sneaking out to the lunch buffet from work? CHECK!

Sounds just like us girls with different clothes 'cept we insist on eating out at actual dinner time.
They went too far when Hubby & friend came home with matching recliners....."But it was a buy one get one free"!!!
Not even the Camo ones....just plain ones.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: guohua

That's probably why I'm twice divorced. I don't do that.

2 divorces here, as well. Yay for us!

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
They went too far when Hubby & friend came home with matching recliners....."But it was a buy one get one free"!!!
Not even the Camo ones....just plain ones.

Hmm, that sounds like a great deal. Where was this?

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Talking to male friends is not even a requisite. If there is beer, chips, and TV on? No words should or will be exchanged unless they have to do with beer chips or TV.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

I can actually find it quite annoying to be around people that attempt to fill every moment of silence with talk.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Man's Rules for Women

Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.

Birthdays, Valentines, and Anniversaries are not quests to see if we can find the perfect present yet again!

Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Do not ask us what we are thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as navel lint, the shotgun formation, and NASCAR.

Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.

When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

Crying is blackmail.

Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!

We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

Check your own oil! Please.

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

If something we said can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done - not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

Christopher Columbus did not need directions, and neither do we.

The relationship is never going to be like it was the first two months we were going out. Get over it. And quit whining to your girlfriends.

ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

I'm in shape. - ROUND is a shape.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
As a man when I say I don't know I am fully aware that I do know.

I just don't care.

a reply to: LadyTrick

This 100% I do know, I just don't want to deal with your illogical rantings of my answer.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

Actually, if you reversed the Man-Woman thingy here, that would be my husband --the 'I don't care/know what to eat'

He's the picky one....
So, I just go with the flow and whatever makes him happy, is good with me

a reply to: N3k9Ni

Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.

Ours stays up...*shrugs*

Sometimes, we are not thinking about you. Live with it.

Ditto....same applies. LOL

Sunday = sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

Football....YAY!!
Grew up watching Monday Night football
Didn't know much about the game but would pick a team according to their cool uniforms
Now we have Mon. & Thurs. nite football

Shopping is NOT a sport, and no, we are never going to think of it that way.

Agree 100%....I'm one of the few women who HATE shopping, unless it's a western store type of thing
Since we travel due to our work, the more sh@t that is bought is more crap that I have to store away each week
Nope, not a shopper...

When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine. Really.

Good, cause all I wear are Levi's...... plus a top of course. LOL

Crying is blackmail.

Nope, no crying here

Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one: Subtle hints do not work. Strong hints do not work. Obvious hints do not work. Just say it!

My husband said the same thing a long time ago, so yeah, no hints just say it

We don't remember dates. Mark birthdays and anniversaries on a calendar. Remind us frequently beforehand.

After nearly 30 years together, to hell with dates. LOL.
That's for newbies

Most guys own three pairs of shoes - tops. What makes you think we'd be any good at choosing which pair, out of thirty, would look good with your dress?

Since I don't do dresses, I'm in the clear here....*whew*

Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

True, except that one question where I ask if he wants me to order this or order that [business] and he'll say 'yes'....and I'm like 'yes' to which one???

Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

I take care of my own problems, thank you very much
I don't need nor do I want sympathy

A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

I've never understood the whole headache BS
The best stress reliever is, well, um found in the bedroom....*snickers*

Check your own oil! Please.

I can change my own tires too

Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

Hell, I can't remember what was said 7 days ago much less 6 months ago

Let us ogle. We are going to look anyway; it's genetic.

Ditto, same applies
The trick is not to ogle when your significant other can see you doing it

Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

Maybe my husband needs to read this rule....*sigh*

If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

LOL.....**spits soda on keyboard**
Not touching that one

We are not mind readers and we never will be. Our lack of mind-reading ability is not proof of how little we care about you.

Funny, I tell him that a lot-- 'I can't read your mind, tell me what it is you need/want me to do'
Guess that is reverse for us

If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," we will act like nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

Another way of looking at this is 'nothing' may also mean 'I don't want to talk about it'
But yeah, pretty much don't push the issue

edit on 14-10-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Did your wife let you post that?

(the wife read your list, sorry)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join