It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Virus - Structure

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
IV fluids (1000 cc Normal Saline and Lactated Ringers) are on backorder at medical supplier I use.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

I suppose. I think most if not all operational nuclear facilities have fail safe modes in place where a shut down wouldn't necessarily lead to environmental contamination. Only a meltdown like Fukushima or Chernobyl. Really a bottom of the barrel worry for me.

I'm curious though, about the Current Ebola outbreak does anyone know how many non-Africans have been infected and how many have died? I'm trying to work through another theory of mine about the mode of infection this strain takes.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biotech2024

IV fluids (1000 cc Normal Saline and Lactated Ringers) are on backorder at medical supplier I use.

Emergency supplies list order in.. about 1300 USD total for all those items. Ordered 24 bags of NS instead of 10.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Biotech2024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Biotech2024

I wonder if you have anything to say about ebola been a disease that has been around for a long time, without species crossing and out of nowhere during the last century after been tested on the species crossing happen, do you think it was tested as a biological weapon and it got out of hand.

I had the feeling that when it comes to ebola, marlburg, SIV-HIV they were diseases that cross species was not a natural occurrence.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I wonder if you have anything to say about ebola been a disease that has been around for a long time, without species crossing and out of nowhere during the last century after been tested on the species crossing happen, do you think it was tested as a biological weapon and it got out of hand.

I had the feeling that when it comes to ebola, marlburg, SIV-HIV they were diseases that cross species was not a natural occurrence.

Even 20 years ago the technology and conceptualization was there to advance bioweapon warfare knowledge. I can not say without analyzing the genetic sequence of the different strains to see if anything artificial is in the sequence of the genomes. I do think there is hierarchy of power where people become so wealthy that money does not matter, and they proceed to play God.

Can humanity work together to solve the different problems of exponential utilization of resources. Knowledge of the empirical world needs to advance at such a rate that we can repair what we believe to be damage done to our surrogate mother we call Earth. Biotechnology offers the possibility of engineering the environment and repairing it also.

The conceptual problems encountered in nanotechnology have been solved by nature through billions of years of evolution. Life is basically nanotechnology at work. Is there a possibility that Ebola was engineered to offer a solution to exponential utilization of resources? Possibly. Or is the Earth doing it on its own to regulate its own survival through mechanisms we don't understand yet? Possibly.

It sucks to be deemed a 'useless-eater'. Intra-species warfare is being waged, darwinism is basically that. The people with the intellect feel that they are superior to the rest and can cull mass segments of population thinking they are doing good for the world. There may be a reason intellect is only allowed to get to certain level, if empirical intellect advances without emotional intellect keeping pace, the species destroys itself.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I completely agree with your point about the reaction to exponential resources. There is a term for this in ecology; itbis called carrying capacity. Whenever a population reaches an unhealthy level of inhabitance, things happen to knock that number down a bit, whether that population be whitetail deer, rabbits, elm trees (see Minnesota's great elm blight) or..humans.

That many individuals throws balance off kilter, and normally nature thrives best in equilibrium. Maybe we are getting too big for our britches and it's time to see the tailor.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
loews protective gear

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
loews sprayer

water/bleach ratio for sprayer

modernsurvivalblog.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
loews respirator

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

good article, has diagrams on protective gear usage.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
REBOV was shown to kill monkeys locked inside cages in different rooms. One can postulate that when the cages were being cleaned using pressure washers, that the act of cleaning the cages with water and air, aerosolized the virus particles which traveled through the vents to kill monkeys in other rooms.

A sneeze travels at 40 miles per hour aerosolizing mucus. The particles land 20 feet away. The human being with the cold during flu season combined with EBOV effectively acts as a dispersal agent similar to the pressure washer cleaning cages. Thats why the this flu season is going to be different.

sept 30 1
oct 30 2
nov 30 4
dec 30 8
Jan 30 16
feb 28 32
mar 30 64
apr 30 128
may 30 256
jun 30 512
jul 30 1024
aug 30 2048
sept 30 4096

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

I agree, for the first time I am considering taking the flu vaccine even when I know that it doesn't take care of new mutations, I already had the flu last year since the 90s when it was the last time I had it.

I want to know if you believe that ebola has changed in its interaction here in the US, it seems that the round of infections within the hospital staff two nurses may be different that what is been told to us to expect

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I agree, for the first time I am considering taking the flu vaccine even when I know that it doesn't take care of new mutations, I already had the flu last year since the 90s when it was the last time I had it.

I want to know if you believe that ebola has changed in its interaction here in the US, it seems that the round of infections within the hospital staff two nurses may be different that what is been told to us to expect

I don't have enough info regarding its interaction. But I can say is it seems to be extremely virulent. ZEBOV will find a way into a carrier/host that will be harder to track or identify.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Thank you for the great information albeit disconcerting... to say the least...

I have very little medical training but have read a lot over the decades about health (and conspiracies). What I've been gleaning from all the Ebola information is if the body can 'hang in there' so to speak for a time the chances of surviving it are increased. These are some at home treatments I believe may be useful and wonder what your thoughts are based on your knowledge of how this virus attacks and kills its host?

Many years ago I remember seeing a documentary about how salt and sugar (in a specific measurement) with water can rehydrate people suffering from dyssentry.

Home made sugar and salt solution (SSS) is not quite as good as commercial oral rehydration solution as it does not contain potassium. However, it is immediately available and often lifesaving. The commonest recipe for a sugar and salt solution is: 1 litre of clean water. 8 level teaspoons of sugar. ½ of a level teaspoon of table salt.

childhealthcare.co.za...

This is an excerpt going around apparently by an anonymous doctor about Ebola and how it kills by eliminating all Vitamin C in the body - (a very interesting read)

"The very first symptoms of ebola are exactly the same as scurvy, which is caused by inadequate vitamin C. Though scurvy is seldom fatal as a primary condition, scurvy also represents only a partial deficiency of vitamin C, the body still has a LOT of vitamin C compared to zero, which ebola causes. Absent ANY vitamin C, blood vessels become very weak and start to lose blood, and platelets become ineffective and unable to trigger clots. So death by ebola is caused by massive internal bleeding and loss of blood, which can be stopped simply by taking enormous doses of vitamin C until the immune system succeeds in killing off the virus."

These viral hemorrhagic fever syndromes share certain clinical features. The Cecil Textbook of Medicine notes that these diseases are characterized by capillary fragility, which translates to easy bleeding, that can frequently lead to severe shock and death. These diseases also tend to consume and/or destroy the platelets, which play an integral role in blood clotting. The clinical presentation of these viral diseases is similar to scurvy, which is also characterized by capillary fragility and a tendency to bleed easily. Characteristic skin lesions develop, which are actually multiple tiny areas of bleeding into the skin that surround the hair follicles. some cases even include bleeding into already healed scars.

jimstonefreelance.com...

Along with the Vitamin C premise, there is a way to make liposomal vitamin C economically at home which has a much higher absorption rate:

Regular vitamin C is absorbed at approximately 19%, the balance remains in the gastrointestinal tract to attract water and loosen the bowels. Nanotechnology, liposomalized vitamin C is absorbed at 93%, measurable in the blood stream. A 390% increase in absorption! Get IV results with oral dosage!

www.quantumbalancing.com...

And food grade hydrogen peroxide has been proven to have many health benefits (and "must" be used properly as directed). This is very well explained in the complete version of the following article. I

Article excerpts:

Hydrogen peroxide should really be called hydrogen dioxide. Its chemical formula is H2O2. It contains one more atom of oxygen that does water (H20). Newer research indicates we need hydrogen peroxide for a multitude of other chemical reactions that take place throughout the body. For example, we now know that vitamin C helps fight infections by producing hydrogen peroxide, which in turn stimulates the production of prostaglandins. Also lactobacillus found in the colon and vagina produce hydrogen peroxide. This destroys harmful bacteria and viruses, preventing colon disease, vaginitis, bladder infections and a host of other common ailments. (Infect Dis News Aug.8,91:5).

The friendly bacteria in the colon and vagina are aerobic. In other words, they flourish in high oxygen environments and thrive in the presence of oxygen rich H202. On the other hand, most strains of harmful bacteria (and cancer cells) are anaerobic and cannot survive in the presence of oxygen or H202.

No one yet fully understands the complete workings of hydrogen peroxide. We do know that it is loaded with oxygen. (A pint of the food-grade 35% solution contains the equivalent of 130 pints of oxygen. A pint of 3% hydrogen peroxide found at the local drugstore contains 10 pints of oxygen. And a pint of the 6% solution used to bleach hair contains 20 pints of oxygen.) We also know that when H202 is taken into the body (orally or intravenously) the oxygen content of the blood and body tissues increases dramatically. Early researchers felt these increases were simply due to the extra oxygen molecule being released. This doesn't however, appear to be the case.

Only very diluted amounts of H202 are ever introduced into the body. The small amount of oxygen present couldn't be solely responsible for the dramatic changes that take place. Dr. Charles Farr, a strong proponent of intravenous use, has discovered another possible answer. Dr. Farr has shown that hydrogen peroxide stimulates enzyme systems throughout the body. This triggers an increase in the metabolic rate, causes small arteries to dilate and increase blood flow, enhances the body's distribution and consumption of oxygen and raises body temperature (Proceedings of the International Conference on Bio-Oxidative Medicine 1989, 1990, 1991).

www.educate-yourself.org...

These ideas for treatment (not cures) are intended to keep the body healthy enough to survive long enough for the immune system to kick in... Oxygenate the blood, rehydrate the body and load up on vitamin C...

Thoughts? Suggestions?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: wishes

I'll take a look and provide answers for you soon.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

very promising..

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: wishes

most of what you mentioned is about trying to increase host defenses/immune system. There may be a basis to it. Like any genetic code through evolution, viruses evolved means to persist over time. The genes they carry trigger immunosuppression and also aid in creating a dispersal syndrome in the host. The methods I'm looking at are more directed towards a specific structural aspects of the virus.

posted on Oct, 18 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have a question about this virus I haven't seen discussed in any article and I hope someone here can answer it.

I don't understand why survivor's blood will help people infected when this method was not deemed useful for things like the flu or AIDS?

I also heard that about 10% of Europeans have a natural immunity to AIDS and this was due to some type of genetic immunity that helped their ancestors survive the black plague? So would this same type of immunity also protect them against Ebola?

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
I have a question about this virus I haven't seen discussed in any article and I hope someone here can answer it.

I don't understand why survivor's blood will help people infected when this method was not deemed useful for things like the flu or AIDS?

I also heard that about 10% of Europeans have a natural immunity to AIDS and this was due to some type of genetic immunity that helped their ancestors survive the black plague? So would this same type of immunity also protect them against Ebola?

Yersinia pestis (formerly Pasteurella pestis) is a Gram-negative, rod-shaped coccobacillus, a facultative anaerobic bacterium that can infect humans and animals.[1]

Human Y. pestis infection takes three main forms: pneumonic, septicemic, and bubonic plagues.[1] All three forms were responsible for a number of high-mortality epidemics throughout human history, including: the sixth century's Plague of Justinian; the Black Death, which accounted for the death of at least one-third of the European population between 1347 and 1353; and the 19th century's Third Pandemic.[2][3][4][5] These plagues probably originated in rodent populations in China.[5][6]

Y. pestis was discovered in 1894 by Alexandre Yersin, a Swiss/French physician and bacteriologist from the Pasteur Institute, during an epidemic of plague in Hong Kong.[7] Yersin was a member of the Pasteur school of thought. Kitasato Shibasaburō, a German-trained Japanese bacteriologist who practiced Koch's methodology, was also engaged at the time in finding the causative agent of plague.[8] However, Yersin actually linked plague with Y. pestis. Originally named Pasteurella pestis, the organism was renamed in 1967.

Every year, thousands of cases of plague are still reported to the World Health Organization, although, with proper treatment, the prognosis for victims is now much better. A five- to six-fold increase in cases occurred in Asia during the time of the Vietnam war, possibly due to the disruption of ecosystems and closer proximity between people and animals. Plague also has a detrimental effect on nonhuman mammals. In the United States, animals such as the black-tailed prairie dog and the endangered black-footed ferret are under threat from the disease.

en.wikipedia.org...

unless the Ebola and Yersinia share the same antigens, its unlikely.

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
there is controversy whether the Black Plague was caused by a bacteria or virus similar to Ebola. Looking at spread pattern, it behaved more like a virus than bacteria.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join