It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Health Organization contradicts CDC, Confirms Ebola Can Spread Via Indirect Contact

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The World Health Organization has issued a bulletin which confirms that Ebola can spread via indirect contact with contaminated surfaces and aerosolized droplets produced from coughing or sneezing.

"...wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus -- over a short distance -- to another nearby person," says a W.H.O. bulletin released this week. [1] "This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing..."

That same bulletin also says, "The Ebola virus can also be transmitted indirectly, by contact with previously contaminated surfaces and objects."

In other words, the WHO just confirmed what the CDC says is impossible -- that Ebola can be acquired by touching a contaminated surface.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Given the above information, I would imagine airline and hotel personnel working in high traffic international hubs have good reason to be concerned.

I will find link to the actual WHO transcript, and post.

www.naturalnews.com...
edit on 10-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin
The World Health Organization has issued a bulletin which confirms that Ebola can spread via indirect contact with contaminated surfaces and aerosolized droplets produced from coughing or sneezing.

"...wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus -- over a short distance -- to another nearby person," says a W.H.O. bulletin released this week. [1] "This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing..."

That same bulletin also says, "The Ebola virus can also be transmitted indirectly, by contact with previously contaminated surfaces and objects."

In other words, the WHO just confirmed what the CDC says is impossible -- that Ebola can be acquired by touching a contaminated surface.

www.naturalnews.com...

And the mutation begins.....could be that it was not able to at the start, but with so many fresh bodies to enter it has now mutated to the point that it can live a bit longer outside the human body. This doesn't bode well if it is able to mutate that quickly.....

Contagion...the end of the world.....

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

ah good old natural news lol

from their source article
link to WHO article

The Ebola virus has also been detected in breast milk, urine and semen. In a convalescent male, the virus can persist in semen for at least 70 days; one study suggests persistence for more than 90 days.
Saliva and tears may also carry some risk.
The whole live virus has never been isolated from sweat.
The Ebola virus can also be transmitted indirectly, by contact with previously contaminated surfaces and objects. The risk of transmission from these surfaces is low and can be reduced even further by appropriate cleaning and disinfection procedures.
Common sense and observation tell us that spread of the virus via coughing or sneezing is rare, if it happens at all. Epidemiological data emerging from the outbreak are not consistent with the pattern of spread seen with airborne viruses, like those that cause measles and chickenpox, or the airborne bacterium that causes tuberculosis.

Theoretically, wet and bigger droplets from a heavily infected individual, who has respiratory symptoms caused by other conditions or who vomits violently, could transmit the virus – over a short distance – to another nearby person.

This could happen when virus-laden heavy droplets are directly propelled, by coughing or sneezing (which does not mean airborne transmission) onto the mucus membranes or skin with cuts or abrasions of another person.

WHO is not aware of any studies that actually document this mode of transmission. On the contrary, good quality studies from previous Ebola outbreaks show that all cases were infected by direct close contact with symptomatic patients.

edit on 10-10-2014 by johnb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

From the same WHo article

That virus has probably circulated through many billions of birds for at least two decades. Its mode of transmission remains basically unchanged.

Speculation that Ebola virus disease might mutate into a form that could easily spread among humans through the air is just that: speculation, unsubstantiated by any evidence.

This kind of speculation is unfounded but understandable as health officials race to catch up with this fast-moving and rapidly evolving outbreak.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Being mislead by the US government, would this be the first time? Truth is not one of their strong points.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
www.globalresearch.ca... ntaminated-surfaces/5407164 Another site is also carrying the article.a reply to: johnb

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

WHO neglects to mention that this particular strain of Ebola varies from previously recognized strains by as much as 3 percent.

I find it odd that they left this little detail out.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: johnb

From the same WHo article

That virus has probably circulated through many billions of birds for at least two decades. Its mode of transmission remains basically unchanged.

Speculation that Ebola virus disease might mutate into a form that could easily spread among humans through the air is just that: speculation, unsubstantiated by any evidence.

This kind of speculation is unfounded but understandable as health officials race to catch up with this fast-moving and rapidly evolving outbreak.

"fast moving and RAPIDLY EVOLVING outbreak"....simply poor choice of wording or?.....is somebody trying to counter the above given info.......(it IS a conspiracy site after all....)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
www.who.int...

And here is an article from the WHO site itself-indirect contact-mucous membranes.To cut a long story short-you pick your nose after you touch a surface with viral deposits on it-you can get ebola that way.How is naturalnews inaccurate in their article?a reply to: bludragin

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
TPTB want a huge global health tax....you know, another Giant Money Fund they can dip their hands into under the pretext of solving our planet's Big Social and Inequity Issues. But, I'm sure it will be managed with the utmost transparency and absolutely zero corruption from those countries dipping into it.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Precisely. The main point of my post is simply to note the fact that the virus - this particular strain of it - may be passed to others via contaminated services. CDC would appear to be minimizing this interesting tidbit of information. Just as well, given the fuss some people might make if the general populace understood this. Especially those working in or near international travel hubs.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Well, at least I am not alone regarding my concerns about the CDC. But I am so pleased that they have such a loyal supporter in you: Federal hearing will be held Friday in Dallas to examine government coordination. U.S. Rep. Michael McCaul, a Texas Republican who chairs the Committee on Homeland Security, will hold a hearing at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to examine the federal, state and local response to the Ebola case in Dallas. Thomas Eric Duncan initially sought treatment Sept. 25, five days after arriving in Dallas from Liberia, and was sent home with antibiotics. He returned to the hospital three days later and was diagnosed with the disease. He died Wednesday. The case has raised questions about screening and treatment procedures.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Raxoxane

Precisely. The main point of my post is simply to note the fact that the virus - this particular strain of it - may be passed to others via contaminated services. CDC would appear to be minimizing this interesting tidbit of information. Because, what a fuss some people might make if the general populace knew this? Especially those working in or near international travel hubs.

Or those cleaning aircraft flying passengers out of West Africa.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

according to the book i just read "the hot zone" a droplet can have millions of the virus and something as small as 500 of the virus could infect someone...of course i don't know how they know that but a single droplet form a sneeze contains a crap ton of virus in the late stages...and the blood that comes out or the liquefied organs and tissue has saturated with the virus...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Here is more data on possible mutation: dailykos.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Here is more data on possible mutation: dailykos.com...[/quote ]

I just read it. There's a whole lot of mutation going on.

edit on bu312014-10-10T14:28:41-05:0002America/ChicagoFri, 10 Oct 2014 14:28:41 -05002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
We all might as well just play a wait game for this. Hence this thing has gotten so far out of hand that the virus is spread way further than we actually think. You know it and I know it.
There is no way that testing people for a fever before they board flights is in anyway going to stop this train. They still get on flights still sweat and brush past thousands of people. as they talk to people the saliva from their mouth flies particles in the air towards others. eeeewwwwww I think I'll keep my tail around the house. oh I have been reading this site for about 7 years just thought i give my opinion since my father is one of them old war vets that have already slipped to the abyss of our government is not wrong. Me and him are on different sides of the spectrum. lol

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: UDrinktheKoolAid

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rockpaperhammock

Its not 500. Its 1-10 individual viruses. That's what makes this so dangerous.

However, personally I am calling that figure by the Public Health Agency of Canada into question. If the actual figure was that low we would be swimming in cases as reckless as I have seen the US act. It doesn't add up.

Then again, very little makes sense, lately.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join