It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola in Brazil (?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I could only find an article in Portuguese, sorry. I added the (?) since it hasn't been confirmed either way.

A city in Paraná, a southern state, has isolated someone. They believe he has Ebola, he shows the symptoms and came from Guinea on the 19th of last month.

Interestingly enough, the State Health Secretary has stated that the man had a really bad fever and was bleeding. The Health Ministry, though, has stated that the man doesn't have a fever, isn't throwing up, bleeding or anything. Crazy, huh?

Anyway, he's been at the hospital since the 2nd, while the other patients there are being transferred to other places. And apparently, they plan on transferring him to Rio de Janeiro tomorrow, to a hospital that is a national reference about Ebola cases. I had no idea that was a thing here in Brazil...?

Ebola in a city in Paraná (in Portuguese)
edit on 9/10/2014 by LukeDAP because: spelling

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
I could only find an article in Portuguese, sorry. I added the (?) since it hasn't been confirmed either way.

A city in Paraná, a southern state, has isolated someone. They believe he has Ebola, he shows the symptoms and came from Guinea on the 19th of last month.

Interestingly enough, the State Health Secretary has stated that the man had a really bad fever and was bleeding. The Health Ministry, though, has stated that the man doesn't have a fever, isn't throwing up, bleeding or anything. Crazy, huh?

Anyway, he's been at the hospital since the 2nd, while the other patients there are being transferred to other places. And apparently, they plan on transferring him to Rio de Janeiro tomorrow, to a hospital that is a national reference about Ebola cases. I had no idea that was a thing here in Brazil...?

Ebola in a city in Paraná (in Portuguese)

this is retard, why move, if its not confirmed? it could be dengue hemorrhagic... if ebola, its not a good idea to move him around...
edit on 9-10-2014 by Russao because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

The Health Ministry, though, has stated that the man doesn't have a fever, isn't throwing up, bleeding or anything. Crazy, huh?

Cover-up standard of inept corrupt government bureaucracy, and the achilles heel to controlling an epidemic. I believe we will see a lot more of this in times to come, simply ignorant bloated figureheads trying to protect their cushy jobs without taking responsibility of mishandling cases.

That being said, I think I'd like, or we'd all like for cases to stay out of the media spotlight until they are confirmed cases from now on. There are too many "maybe ebola" cases out there.

edit on 9-10-2014 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Now where was that link about ... Oh, yes, top general thinks it could come across our Southern border.

They don't need to sneak across after coming from W. Africa if they've already started epidemics in S. and C. America.

He said the danger is two-fold: Not only might illegal immigrants from Africa enter the U.S. unchecked, but if Ebola spreads to Central America it could spark a new wave of illegal immigration to the U.S. that would make this summer’s surge “look like a small problem.”

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

That being said, I think I'd like, or we'd all like for cases to stay out of the media spotlight until they are confirmed cases from now on. There are too many "maybe ebola" cases out there.

I dunno man. I just started going back to college and would certainly want to know if there was a possible case on my campus. Yeah, it's getting to be a bit much but I would rather worry and take precautions falsely than not know anything and find out later.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Found no other sources but I wouldn't be surprised. It's spreading, popping up allover and of course they cover it up S + F, great find.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Ministry of health Link in Portuguese
u.saude.gov.br...

This was the first case that the ministry will investigate In a local paper of the city the Headlines are Health Unit is closed after suspect Ebola Case.

Jornal Hoje from Cascavel, PR, Brasil.
www.jhoje.com.br... Link in Portuguese

Some Translation from the local newspaper:
This newspaper says that the suspect came from Quine 19 days ago and sought medical attention at the clinic this morning 10am local time. No simptoms other than fever, but when he said he came from Africa they closed the Clinic and any patient couldn't leave the place or been received after that. The patient informs that they had strong fever for 3 days already. The ministry of health says that will transfer the patient to Rio de Janeiro.
edit on 9-10-2014 by LinusX because: Misspelled

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Link in portuguese
cgn.uol.com.br...

Ministry of healthy are preparing the transfer of the patient to Rio de Janeiro in the next hours. And The clinic still closed with all patients inside.

imgur.com...
imgur.com...
edit on 9-10-2014 by LinusX because: Add images

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I dunno man. I just started going back to college and would certainly want to know if there was a possible case on my campus. Yeah, it's getting to be a bit much but I would rather worry and take precautions falsely than not know anything and find out later.

You have a point, I'm just wondering if information on confirmed cases and possible contacts is getting drowned out from just possible cases. As in blasting information across every media outlet about the one, may detract from people hearing about the more important number 2. Regular people can only take so much of the same topic before they tune out, this is one thing I think everyone should be keeping their eye on, as you said, to be aware whether you want to take precautions or not,

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
UPDATE:

So now all news say that he doesn't have a fever nor any other symptoms. I've seen in one article that it had been "reported incorrectly", but that they have "clarified" the issue.

...right. If that were true, why the hell would they suspect he's infected? I don't see us isolating every single person who has come from Africa.

Anyway, apparently he has asked for refuge here in Brazil when he arrived. He was granted it, can stay here for a year and cannot be deported because of race, religion, nationality, social status or political opinion.

Also, today is his 21st day of possible incubation. Now THAT is a super awesome coincidence, huh?

*sigh*

Update (in Portuguese)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
UPDATE:

They are monitoring 68 people. They believe they're "low-risk" and monitoring means checking their temperature twice a day.

They're looking for two people who took him to the hospital. Funny how he shows no symptoms and is fine, yet not only he went to the hospital, but he also needed two people to help him.

And they are having trouble finding everybody who had contact with him, because he was staying at a hostel and, apparently, immigrants all use the same name there.

"Sabemos que ele passou por um albergue, mas eles [imigrantes] usam o mesmo nome e isso dificulta."

"We know he's been at a hostel, but they [immigrants] use the same name, which makes [the investigation] more difficult".

More news (in Portuguese)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Thank you for staying on top of this!

We need more people like you.

edit on 10-10-2014 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Thanks! Quite the honour getting that from you, I'm always following your threads.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
UPDATE:

"The situation is under control".

Whew.

The results will come out in about 24 hours, maybe less. If it's negative, they'll test him again after 48 hours. Just to be sure.

They're saying that he claimed to have a fever, sore throat and was coughing when he went to the hospital. No other symptoms. Which contradicts the first report, of course.

Other than that, he's already in Rio, and they have "followed the procedures correctly", so it's been a "successful" operation.

Yay.

Update (in Portuguese)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Dear God, we better hope he's negative if this is true.

One of the worst things that could happen is that Ebola gets into a poor population and burns for some time before the authorities find out about it. It could get stubbornly established that way. Imagine if it gets into the rainforest down there and becomes endemic?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
We will have to wait until sunday or monday to be sure, but the symptoms are more for Tonsillitis than Ebola.
The guy came from a very hot country and stayed in a public shelter for some days o cold region of Brasil (Florianopolis e Paraná)(not very cold this time of the year but around 15C at night), probably contracted flu and after tonsillitis(he complains of sore throat and fever).

imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...
imgur.com...

Images of the scared man been transported.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The team that cleans the ambulances has refused to clean the one in which the man was driven. One of the workers' wife has given an interview (but remained anonymous, of course) in which she said that they didn't receive any warnings about this, nor instructions or special suits!

Team refuses to clean ambulance (in Portuguese)

We're so not ready for this.

I guess this ambulance is just going to stay like this now:

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
One of the worst things that could happen is that Ebola gets into a poor population and burns for some time before the authorities find out about it. It could get stubbornly established that way. Imagine if it gets into the rainforest down there and becomes endemic?

We have many problems here... first, the flight wasn't direct, it stopped in Morocco. Then, the man went to Argentina. From there, he asked for refuge here in Brazil. So who knows how many people he's had contact with just there. After all that, he stayed in hostel(s?) under a name that apparently all immigrants use, so there's no way of: tracking his path; finding out who also stayed at the same place(?).

Second, Brazil is a very disorganized country. Everything we do is "just in time, see?", which is a terrible attitude when it comes to health (and other things). So, we're not ready for this, and we'll only start getting ready for it when it's REALLY here. Which means... we're screwed. This type of disease is supposed to be contained before it becomes something huge, not afterwards.

Third, there are TOO MANY people living here. The cities have countless homeless people roaming around. The public transportation is always full and, depending on where you're getting off the subway, you don't even have to walk, you're taken with the mob. I'm 5'1, so trust me, once I even got off the wrong station because people were leaving and I was dragged. It only takes one sneeze for hundreds to get in contact with it.

And finally... we're in the middle of a very important political election. We'll be choosing our new president very soon and the polls say they're at 51% x 49%. So obviously, people's attention (AND the government's) is focused on that.

All in all, a VERY bad situation. And even if this man is not infected, considering he came from an infected country, asked for refuge and got in the country just like that, no worries, well... it seems pretty easy for it to get here.
edit on 10/10/2014 by LukeDAP because: spelling, as usual

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Hi!
I am from Argentina and found this:

www.lanacion.com.ar..." target="_blank" class="postlink">http:/ /www.lanacion.com.ar/1734612-contradicciones-por-la-estada-en-misiones-del-paciente-con-sintomas-de-ebola-internado-en-brasil

Si bien la Dirección Nacional de Migraciones aclaró que no hay registro de "ningún ingreso" oficial del guineano al país, algunos medios locales informaron que Bah una vez en territorio brasileño, cruzó a la Argentina, más precisamente a la localidad misionera de Bernardo de Irigoyen, para luego volver ya con síntomas febriles al país brasileño.

Basically, the article says that Argentinian Migrations says they have no record of the patient being in Argentina at any time. Nevertheless, Health Authorities from both countries state that it was possible that he walked the border from Brazil to Argentina (specifically the province of Misiones) and then back to Brazil, avoiding the controls. That is a very real posibility. Also, there was an article in another newspaper (can't find it now) stating that there were five posible ebola patients in the country since August 8th. That is the first time I have heard of it and it does not surprise me that if something starts here the government WILL cover it up.

Cheers!
edit on 10-10-2014 by YodaCoda because: Forgot to add a little bit from the news article

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: YodaCoda

Hey! I was just coming here to post an update about this!

According to the link below, the man left Guinea, his flight stopped at Morocco. Then, he arrived in Brazil (São Paulo). He took a bus to Argentina (who knows why) and THEN he came back to Brazil, in Santa Catarina. There, he asked for refuge, got it and finally went to Paraná, where he was taken to the hospital.

TIMELINE:

September

18th: left Guinea - was in Morocco
19th: arrived in São Paulo
??: went to Argentina on a bus
??: went back to Brazil
24th: went to Paraná and stayed in a hostel, sharing a room with two other men from Africa

October

8th: started having symptoms
9th: went to the hospital
10th: was transferred to Rio de Janeiro and tested
11th: results will come out

This timeline was made according to the information on the link below. Oh, and he claims that he had no contact whatsoever to anybody who was sick in his country.

News (in Portuguese)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join