It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport workers striking due Ebola scare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
It seems that people are getting tired of the lies and want to know the truth.Plane cleaners strike due to Ebola scare
edit on 10/9/2014 by lspilot6946 because: changes the title

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I completely understand their concern ! I am wondering if we will see other departments in this industry to go on strike .

armakirais

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What a surprise!! These people seem to be much smarter than those in our government... Maybe they can effectively shut down air travel, since those in charge obviously lack the testicular fortitude and common sense to do it themselves.

I don't blame them in the least.
edit on 10/9/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: armakirais

for starters flight attendance.
Not to mention those who use gloves to search persons or personal objects without changing or disinfect them (the gloves). The gloves protect the user but not the "objects of search".
edit on 9/10/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The backlash of this disease is not going to be pretty. Besides the obvious loss of life, after a few more cases here in the US, people will be paranoid about EVERYTHING. Well everywhere there are Ebola cases really.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: lspilot6946

Do they think they will stop the flights due to this strike. No the flights will continue and maybe will be less clean and spread even more disease due to the srike. Theres are consequences for every action, I feel this may have bad repercussions.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: armakirais

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if we see more people in these possible "danger zone" industries striking, getting fired or simply quitting their job.

I cant say I blame them.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MGaddafi

For what I understand they asked for more safety measures and formation, not to stop the flights. You could morally complain about there attitude, if you worked there. I firmly believe that's not the case for you.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i say good on them,i wonder why more airport staff in other country's are not striking.
in my opinion if there is a potential for ebola to possibly be on a aircraft then a full hazmat suit is necessary.
if a company ask you to clean a airplane without one then they are Potentially putting your life at risk.
i would also think that cabin crew and passengers alike are also at risk along with custom's ,baghandlers etc.
i ask you all do you intend to risk your life for a job????????.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
It's something I stand behind.

I would want to appeal to people who have travel plans to reconsider aiding and abetting the spread of it.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This type of thing is what worries me most. I'm not so concerned about the virus itself, what concerns me is the panic that will spread if more cases/deaths crop up.

People will start pulling their kids from school, people will stop going to work - and that includes employees who maintain our infrastructure. I tend to be a worst-case scenario type of person anyway...and I can see a very bleak future if this thing gets out of hand.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I just think TPTB woulnt allow any flights to stop(If thats not case ATM it will be sooner or later). They want this disease here for some reason or another. They will hire people who will do the job. Theres always someone willing to do the job sad to say.
edit on 9-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I'm glad they are striking.
As for the spread of disease, I don't know. What does a basic cleaning involve? A swipe with a cloth? Another swipe, same cloth? The disease could be inadvertently spread no matter what.

Maybe it's time for passengers to wear masks and gloves.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: drwill

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The Aircraft Duncan Flew on
are still in service.
In fact they were never taken out of service.

And the wide body aircraft has since flown to
Europe, South America, and Asia
since he was on it.

The narrow body is still shuttling people around the US

And aircraft cleaners barely clean a thing anymore.
most are now non-union sub contracted immigrants
paid next to nothing with no benefits...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Another reason I dont fly.

I completely respect and agree with these workers decisions to not want to clean these aircraft. Im sure none of them have the equipment or training to handle Ebola. Scary stuff. I would take a leave of absence.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
There are several industries who could be affected by this. Janitors, sanitation workers and trash collectors, waste water treatment plant operators. I'm sure there are others who can possibly come in contact with the pathogen once it's been introduced to an area. Hopefully people will figure out what they will do before it does show up and possibly contaminate more people.

Hopefully people will pay attention to help stop the spread of this. I would love to believe we are capable of stopping this in its tracks, but I'm not very confident that we can if the workers who keep this world running aren't provided with the proper tools to do their jobs safely.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
The backlash of this disease is not going to be pretty. Besides the obvious loss of life, after a few more cases here in the US, people will be paranoid about EVERYTHING. Well everywhere there are Ebola cases really.

If people keep coming down with Ebola the backlash politically will be unheard of in american history; imo.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
I'm glad they are striking.
As for the spread of disease, I don't know. What does a basic cleaning involve? A swipe with a cloth? Another swipe, same cloth? The disease could be inadvertently spread no matter what.

Maybe it's time for passengers to wear masks and gloves.

My 82 year old mother got on a flight today. I purchased her a "cool breath" P95 mask to wear. Not because of Ebola, but because I caught something on a flight once that nearly killed me and I KNOW I caught it from a passenger across the aisle from me. I also insisted she wear protective gloves. She said she'd wear the gloves but said she didn't want to wear the mask.

From now on, you won't see me on an airplane without a mask and gloves. I don't care who it freaks out.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

We were told that the loss of profit to the airlines and business would be horrendous were the airports to close or decline flights from certain infected countries.

I suspect its not stupidity as you think, but more greed over stupidity - but a stupid act no matter what the motive not to look after the means of this disease spreading to mass populations.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join