It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dallas Ebola Patient Thomas Duncan Has Died - confirmed by multiple media sources

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

Duncan was not American. He was a Liberia national. I have looked and everything I can find says he was not an American citizen. Yes, he died here but he was Liberian and he came here knowing that he had been in contact with Ebola. He was afraid and came here hoping the health care here would save him. People do care but what this man did was selfish. He exposed more people to Ebola in an effort to save himself.

im having hard time discerning whether you are being apathetic or coldly tactical.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

im more upset by the idea that no one cared until an american died on american soil from this illness. people have been dying for weeks now over in africa and no one threw a fit until it came here.

Wrong. For example, the Christian organization Samaritan's Purse is in Africa, with volunteers risking their LIVES to help stop the outbreak. The doctor who was infected and came to Atlanta for treatment worked with them.

Of course, those are evil Christians, right??? So what do they matter? [sarcasm]

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
I read it days ago and it was in numerous sources days ago that he died.

WE RAN THIS NEWS MONDAY, BUT NOW WE HAVE FOUND OUT THOMAS DUNCAN DID DIE SUNDAY. RC

Daily Sheeple 10-6-14 Thomas Duncan, the first person in the United States who was diagnosed with Ebola, was reported to have died yesterday after succumbing to the virus.

patriotsbillboard.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
I sure hope this is the last death in America from this disease.

not a chance.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: daaskapital

Well that's a question...we were told ZMapp was no longer available and difficult to produce. Then we find out a nurse in Norway will get Zmapp, but Duncan was sick first, I believe?

As far as i'm aware, they've been going on about how they're low on ZMapp for a few weeks now (months, even)...one would think they would have already run out considering the way they were talking about it...

I do believe Duncan was sick first, so it is odd to see ZMapp go to a patient diagnosed more recently, and only after we were told that ZMapp was gone. And now they're saying that the Norwegian nurse will receive the last batch...At the rate they're going, i'm honestly expecting ZMapp to not run out of stock.

edit on 8-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Considering how rinky-dink the Mappbio website is: Mappbio -- and the fact they operate out of a strip mall across the parking lot from a hair salon -- I'm not surprised they ran out of this "ZMapp".

And no, that isn't a joke website...that is their real web page.

They were granted 8 million dollars earlier this summer, and can't afford a better website? Considering their one of the only games in town, and a lot of media exposure would be on them, you'd think they'd pay the guys next door (they are next door to a software company that, believe it or not, does internet marketing) to build them a better web presence.

They've been around for 10 years, and get granted millions by the government. You'd think they'd want to appear a tiny bit more professional to their peers and the government that funds them.
edit on 8-10-2014 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Anyone else find it odd that he died at about the same time as the rare 'Blood' moon? Combined with the Georgia Guidestones this could be a twilight zone year.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

Duncan was not American. He was a Liberia national. I have looked and everything I can find says he was not an American citizen. Yes, he died here but he was Liberian and he came here knowing that he had been in contact with Ebola. He was afraid and came here hoping the health care here would save him. People do care but what this man did was selfish. He exposed more people to Ebola in an effort to save himself.

im having hard time discerning whether you are being apathetic or coldly tactical.

I am not apathetic. I am a healthcare worker. I chose to put myself in harm's way. The people on the airplane with this man did not. The children he exposed to this disease did not. Go judge someone else.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Personal opinion all so the Israel newspaper reported correct. They called the family in on that day also.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Yes I agree, Duncan was not American he was Liberian, he was to marry his girlfriend an American national and had a child 19 years old with her.

He was working and living in Liberia until he dropped everything and ran to the US, yes he knew he was sick after several members of his family died in Liberia a hot zone for ebola.

Sadly this prove that without treatment in the earliest stages the survival is low.

Also, he was viewed very carefully by other countries that are devastated by ebola to see if US medical and advance treatment would cure him.

Liberia that is very closed link to US ancestry are considered themselves descendants of free US slaves.

Sadly also if he did survived it could have caused a dangerous exodus by any means necessary into the US for treatments.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Ummm, so what is this going to do for the vaunted meme that American Health Care is the best in the world, and we can fix this, contain this, keep this from spreading?

First they dropped the ball completely on his initial presentation to hospital, then they made a circus out of handling the contaminated apartment (people are still living in the nearby apartments!) and the moving of the exposed relatives into different quarters days later, but not before they snuck out to the store and their kids went to school (!) and finally they only kept him alive as long as they did with extreme medical intervention which apparently included full blown life support, dialysis and breathing apparatus. You can keep a corpse going several days with that much money and technology being applied, which is exactly what it appears they did.

We can't do that with everyone who presents to an ER with flu symptoms and/or proven Ebola even. We don't have the staff or equipment, and CDC just blew a wad of taxpayer money on this one guy. Add in the hospital bill and I'm sure we're over a cool million on one individual. I'm pretty sure we don't have an untold amount of gated mansions available for re-housing and quarantining exposed individuals either, although that might be the easiest thing to do what with all the foreclosed and empty houses in this country.

And don't get me started on the school cleaners who were photographed with the sleeves of their barrier gowns rolled up exposing street clothes, or the fact that they weren't given enough help and ended up discharged for 'taking too long' to clean the school buildings, or the nitwit judge who seems to be in charge of things (?) who showed up at a presser claiming he was wearing the same shirt he met with the family in for several hours, and now was going home to his family wearing the same shirt (!!?? Frankly, if I'd been there on the podium with him, I would have stepped back at that information several feet, cameras be damned. I'm waiting on the judge to be patient Zero + One).

All in all, the coverage on this ONE PATIENT has made a massive JOKE out of the American System of Medicine (But We're Exceptional!) and the CDC, the local government in Dallas, and everyone else involved. Meanwhile, the learned voices from other experts, the ones who are screaming ALERT with their hair on fire, that this is a disaster already in progress, are not being given equal time on the air and you actually have to go looking for their interviews.

I'm presuming it still takes only a few hundred dollars and two days flat to get a Visa to leave Liberia and enter the U.S.?

Sorry, OT, OP, somewhat.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Khaleesi

Hon, you are doing fine, just stating the obvious, keep the good job, I was going to bring that issue myself but I didn't, so thanks for the info.

We have to be a clear about Mr. Duncan links to America as possible and the reason for him to come infected into the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

It's a legit question, IMHO.
There are any number of reasons why they would want to control the narrative and the time-line. Who benefits? The government and the people who have dropped the ball on allowing Ebola to reach the U.S., expose U.S. citizens, etc.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

I agree with you my friend,

US government or those CDC officials are either to tuck away into their lala land where nobody and nothing can touch them or they are to arrogant to admit how wrong they have being about ebola in the US.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SunnyRunner360

Ethnocentric a bit. Don't think they give a crap if he lived or died one way or the other. Yep, Africa had their eyes transfixed on this case, naw prolly not.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think a time-line needs to be provided of his symptoms and treatment. Just yesterday it was reported that Dr. Brantly donated blood to the NBC reporter being treated in Nebraska.

Why didn't Duncan receive such treatment...? Was he too far gone? If so, why weren't we told? Is it due to the bungling/liability concerns of the hospital? Is it due to the contact tracing, they don't want to alarm people?

What about Mr. Duncan's condition made his treatment and handling so different compared to the other four patients treated in the U.S.?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I put my money that Mr. Duncan was too far gone by the time he was taken to the hospital, because we don't know the facts is just speculating here.

Still it can be a simple issue of how the body interacts with the virus, it could be slower with some people due to background, lifestyle or else than others.

I Know, I know I kind of opening or paving the road for more speculation

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
On the plus side, I have never seen this many white people care about the death of a black man in Texas.

The flu is something to worry about in North America, the growing numbers of dim-wit parents that wont vaccinate their children is something to worry about...Ebola is not a large concern in developed nations.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Reverse ethnocentrism now. (:

You think Africa/ns would care if the situation was reversed? Probably not. So don't make it about "Americans", it's people at large - in which case the philosophy forum would be better suited.

edit on 10/8/2014 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

originally posted by: kosmicjack
a reply to: daaskapital

Well that's a question...we were told ZMapp was no longer available and difficult to produce. Then we find out a nurse in Norway will get Zmapp, but Duncan was sick first, I believe?

As far as i'm aware, they've been going on about how they're low on ZMapp for a few weeks now (months, even)...one would think they would have already run out considering the way they were talking about it...

I do believe Duncan was sick first, so it is odd to see ZMapp go to a patient diagnosed more recently, and only after we were told that ZMapp was gone. And now they're saying that the Norwegian nurse will receive the last batch...At the rate they're going, i'm honestly expecting ZMapp to not run out of stock.

So far, the ZMapp has only been given to medical personnel who caught Ebola while treating sick people. I remember when some was sent (I think 20 doses?) to Liberia, to be used to treat doctors and nurses who had contracted it in the line of duty. That could explain why the nurse in Spain is getting it, but Duncan did not?

That said, I am not convinced ZMapp is 'All That.' Remember the priest was given it, after he contracted it serving in Liberia and was flown back to Spain? He died. What we don't hear much about anymore, is the blood transfusion that Brantly received from a survivor, which reportedly had an amazing effect, and then his subsequent donation of blood to the doc in Kansas. Could it be that blood transfusion is the best, but there isn't much money in it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join