It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston-area patient monitored for Ebola

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

A patient in the Houston area is being monitored for Ebola, KTRK, KPRC and KHOU reported.

The unidentified person was admitted to North Cypress Medical Center along the Northwest Freeway on Monday. Reports say that although the person has traveled to Africa, he is at "extremely low risk" of the virus that has raised fears across the globe.

The hospital released the following statement, according to KPRC:

"North Cypress Medical Center is treating a patient who has not been diagnosed with Ebola. He is considered to be of extremely low risk to the Ebola virus. Hospital personnel are taking all precautions as prescribed by the Harris County Health Department and the U.S. Center for Disease Control. The patient is in stable condition and is showing no signs of a fever."

Link

It looks like it may not be a case. But I do wonder how long before one happens in Houston. Much more international travel into Houston then other Texas cities.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Great, my in-laws live in Cypress and we are supposed to be going there for Christmas. I will be closely watching this story!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

A patient in Cypress who had been treated for an "extremely low-risk" chance of having Ebola has been released from the hospital after it was determined he does not have the disease.

No Ebola at this time.

join