It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Handwashing: Clean Hands Save Lives

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Enterovirus going around my work (Asian country) because no one washes their hands. The students still wear masks but of course now that it's going around they all magically don't have their masks and shove their dirty fingers in their mouths.

posted on May, 19 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

This has never been more front-and-center for me than now. My Darlin' has just had a joint replacement, and I discover that I am her greatest threat. She is also her own greatest threat. We have become obsessive with hand cleaning, because hands are the avenue in which cross-contamination happens. In the normal world, we don't think about this much -- you go to the bathroom, you wipe, you stand up, you wash your hands. Simple. In a post-surgical world, you sit down to go to the loo, you wipe, your partner cleans their hands, you clean your hands, then your partner helps you up, and you wash your hands again.

I am driving her crazy with my obsessive routines, but she recognizes that it is necessary. Infection is sometimes deadly. ANYthing you can do to prevent it is important. This is also true in our regular lives. I can full well see how Howard Hughes got into his germophobe thang. I love a woman who is immune compromised. I am not naturally a tidy person, but I have learned out of necessity to be one. I have become a scrubber. Good work if you can get it.

edit on 19/5/24 by argentus because: spellin'

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join