It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian health worker infected by ebola virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Not much to go on at the moment. Lets hope Norway has the right procedures in place.

Norwegian woman working for Doctors without Borders in Sierra Leone has been infected by the ebola virus. She is being brought to Norway by an emergency ambulance plane.

She is expected to arrive in Oslo in the early hours of Tuesday morning. She will be treated in isolation at the Oslo University Hospital. (NRK) (To be updated Tuesday)

www.norwaypost.no...

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Before the WHO stopped publishing the data (it embarasses some countries) their healthcare system ranked considerably better than the USA. They can deal with it better than most I imagine.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Hey!
Just read about it in the norwegian newspaper, before i looked at it here.
For all i know, she will be completely shut off from anyone And anything here in norway, i'm almoust sure that we're gonna use allot of money on super expensive robots, that can work with this person.
On the other hand, she will probably die here...
Let's just not hope that she to is going to be the disease spreader here in Norway?
Fingers crossed!

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton
Before the WHO stopped publishing the data (it embarasses some countries) their healthcare system ranked considerably better than the USA. They can deal with it better than most I imagine.

When ranking, surely it can't include, or wouldn't as a matter of relevancy, scenarios that have never occurred in developed countries.

If looking at healthcare technology, America is the leader throughout the world, zmapp for example.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I know there is far better equipment, infrastructure, doctors, but why are they bringing people back? I would want to die at home too... but it just puts everyone at risk. I would feel far worse if it spread...

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
For all we know, most of us already got it, And people start dying, Then the spreading is already finished, norwegian commercials suddenly started with flu meds And cold meds, all companies at the same time, they send commercials 3 times between each pause, And their all the same!
Don't mean to make people scared, but i just try to connect dots..

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Thatthing
Well, simple psychological warfare (advertising): capitalise on what's popular ^_^ fear sells!

Scandinavians are immune to HIV, why not ebola?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
How sad for the woman i hope she pulls through! I feel Doctors without borders are the main ones making a difference in this outbreak they have been there helping and doing everything they can and saving lives all along.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Why are they takiing the workers back to so many places? Why not take them to one central site away from Africa and focus the efforts of care and curing?

U.S., Spain, Norway, I've lost track of how many other places they have flown this virus to.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

I 100000% agree with you! It seems so logical to take them all to one single facility doesn't it! Its not like they don't have the funding!! I really don't understand why they are so backwards in handling this!!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thatthing--->Let's just not hope that she to is going to be the disease spreader here in Norway?

Norwegian hospitals already handles viruses and bacteria that are far more dangerous than EBOLA.
So no she won't.

Lets hope Norway has the right procedures in place.

We have, same goes for US, GB, Germany, Spain and so on.

top topics

join