It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

annoying neighbors...do yours get on your nerves?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
a reply to: CardiffGiant

Do the same to him..ask for stupid things...go over to his house...hard as that may be...don't leav e his porch...go over middle of the night...demand stuff...keep rambling n visiting...ask for his stuff...be a pest...don't let up n be just as much a pest at all hrs...turn the tables right back on him!!!
God luck

What if he likes it

posted on Oct, 2 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I am surrounded by annoying people, they're all over my neighborhood

Our old next door neighbors were raided one night while my husband and I were unloading groceries from the car. I was opening the door and heard a bunch of people walking behind me. It was the SWAT team in their tactical gear with weapons out. They had a gun aimed at my husband while asking him what his address was. That was pretty scary to see weapons aimed at my husband.

Another of our neighbors is a hard core drug addict and steals gas from cars in the neighborhood. He was just caught by another neighbor who decided to steal all the vegetables from his garden as payback. That was a fun night in the neighborhood. My husband was drunk that night so he got in on the action and was screaming "If you don't want your vegetables stolen, don't steal peoples gas!!" Lol!!

posted on Oct, 3 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

You could just not answer the door.

I never answer the door unless I'm expecting someone and they've just texted to say it's them.

He'll carry on knocking for a bit, then he'll get bored and stop doing it.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

It's better if you don't hear the door - then you can be 100% innocent and if asked, tell the truth: you didn't hear the door.

My solution to my own irritating neighbours (from pretty much all directions) is earplugs. Simple, but effective.

I made the mistake of one night taking them off, and when I heard them being hippos after midnight, it made me angry, so I made my own noise the next day. I realized this is both childish and unhealthy, and I don't want to go further down THAT path, so I am using earplugs now, and everything is good and peaceful.

Also, you could talk to your neighbour like a human being with an actual spine, and just explain to him how you experience it, and how disruptive it can be if you can't take your naps or do your things, etc.

The earplugs will also stop you from hearing the hedge trimmers, at least if you have windows closed (I think).

After the (hopefully adult-to-adult) discussion, and you not being able to hear him, he'll probably realize.

Also, you could teach him to text you or email you, and you could take a hour from your day to reply to whatever he has emailed or texted you, and that's that. One our a day or every two days should be enough to get most of his questions and points answered, and then you'd both have peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2021 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
a reply to: grey580

i just am trying to be very nice about this cause i have to live next to him but it is getting old.

You are being very nice.

And some people view that as a weakness and blatantly exploit it. This unacceptable behavior, from your neighbor, will continue as long as a) Your neighbor moves away b) You move away c) You say what is on your mind so straightforward that it leaves nothing unclear. You don't have to be rude. Just straightforward and very clear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join