It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We have the cure for ebola, Siriraj Hospital announces !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I for one really do hope they are correct in their belief they have found a cure. Some of the best hospitals in S.E. Asia are in Bangkok but I know little about their research facilities. I just hope this is true. My wife is skeptical.... The Dean of the hospital is to hold a news conference on this next Thursday...

If they indeed have found a cure what a great find which hopefully can be rushed into production... If they are wrong then I would not want to be the Dean... Loss of face for one, much less the country, is....... not good.

While fears mount sluggish efforts are failing to contain West Africa's outbreak of Ebola virus, Thailand's state media today reports a Bangkok hospital has developed a cure.

According to its report, researchers at Siriraj Hospital have developed the world's first vaccine that can cure infected patients.

bangkok.coconuts.co...

newsletter.thaivisa.com...

A press conference to announce the medical breakthrough is set for October 2, 2014 on the 2nd Floor, Room A201, of the Srisavarinthira Building. The press conference will be presided by Doctor Udom Kachintorn, Dean of the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital.

edit on 29-9-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Okay… I guess an announcement that they are going to announce that is better than just announcing it.

Or did they?

(fingers crossed)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Would this be the first 'cure' for a virus?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Okay… I guess an announcement that they are going to announce that is better than just announcing it.

Or did they?

(fingers crossed)

The pre announcement is so all the interested parties can attend the real announcement on Thursday... Researchers will review the results and technique used to produce the serum.. It makes sense if you want people and researchers coming from all over the world to study and evaluate the hospitals findings. Like I said if true good for them.. If not there will be much loss of face and there will probably be a new Dean shortly..

edit on 29-9-2014 by 727Sky because: ...

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

That was my first thought too however it may be Ebola specific in that viruses seem to have different routes to infect cells.. Hopefully we will know more after the press conference.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

i only have one question....how much will it cost ?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I'm interested to find what the base of their discovery is. It might take me up to a day to dissect the information and convert it to something we can do to strengthen our bodies to fight this better. It may also be very easy to interpret if I already know the processes in our body that it stimulates.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

The pre announcement is so all the interested parties can attend the real announcement on Thursday…

Really big sale, huh?

I hope so. Announcements like that are usually a come on, just saying.

(fingers crossed)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   

No. Small Pox, Bubonic plague, among other have vaccines and serums. I think the two America doctors were "cured" with antibodies from some blood from a survivor? I don't know much about whatever developments are occurring there.

I do know it takes time to generate significant amounts of "cure". Its not like making aspirin tablets. If they have a cure they would not be selling it by the dose. I suppose they could be bringing organizations there to have an "auction", maybe?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Yep. The very first cure ... in the ever lovin' history of mankind ... to be 'discovered'.

And you wanna know how I can remember that easily? Because there's never been a cure for any virus up to this point in our history!! LOL

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Yep. The very first cure ... in the ever lovin' history of mankind ... to be 'discovered'.

And you wanna know how I can remember that easily? Because there's never been a cure for any virus up to this point in our history!! LOL

I did find this.

Refresher on Viruses and Antibodies

Its been a LONG time since Immunology class. But maybe it comes down to what the definition of a cure is (neutralization vs cure?)... or maybe I just remembered wrong. Probably the later.

edit on 29-9-2014 by ArmyOfNobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Had to think about Phage therapy (not related to the well-known user Phage). This topic was hot for a possible cure against viruses as it became public that phages were experimented on in ol' USSR.
edit on 29-9-2014 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There is already a cure for Ebola. I have used it to cure dengue fever, a hemoratic virus in less then 12 hrs.

Its called sodium chlorite and when mixed with citric acid produces chlorine dioxide which is absorbed into the blood stream via the intestines and kills many different kinds of viruses. It is currently being used to disinfect water for drinking, hospitals and many mouth care products. It is in third stage testing for curing Hiv/aids which I know works because I know people it has cured. Its inexpensive and I have not experienced any bad side effects from its use.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ArmyOfNobunaga

That is a very good summary. I study a lot of the technical stuff, maybe I should have started at the basics before going up. I wasn't aware that mucosal immunity protected against viruses. I had read some stuff that leaned that way but thought most protection was in the blood and cells in relation to viruses and that mucosal was only for fungal and bacterial.

Thanks for the link. I guess I was assuming something wasn't real because flu shots do not address this situation.

I'm starting to get the strong feeling that when people jump immediately at trying to treat symptoms they extend the length of the illness.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

"we have the cure for Ebola.......but it costs one million dollars per shot".

That's what I'm expecting. Very curious to see how this pans out. This could lead to other virus' being cured.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

A Vaccine is not a cure it is a preventive measure.

Only one vaccine I know of works post infection and that Rabies and even then you need it right after infections in hours, days before you show symptoms.

On the whole Vaccine are meant for healthy individuals or groups pre infection to stop said infection from ever getting a foot hold.
edit on 29-9-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

edit on 29-9-2014 by rken2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
One of the guys I have not seen for over a month dropped by today. He informed me he had a hip replacement at this very hospital. He is from Australia and his comment was there is nothing in the states or Australia that he has been to that could compare. He was walking without a limp and plans on playing golf this Friday.. He was definitely a choir boy for the hospital. There were 12 of us sitting and talking when he showed up. Two of the other guys who have been to the hospital all sang it's praises. His hip replacement cost $15,625 USD with physical therapy and everything. The news services are picking up the story now.
Ebola Outbreak: Thailand's Siriraj Hospital Creates 'Antibody Treatment' for Deadly Virus
From Wikipedia

Siriraj Hospital is the oldest and largest hospital in Thailand, located in Bangkok on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, opposite Thammasat University's Tha Phrachan campus. It is the primary teaching hospital of the Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.

Siriraj has been the residence of the King of Thailand, His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej, since the 82 year old monarch was admitted in September 2009, for treatment of a respiratory condition.

The hospital is usually referred to as the King's hospital

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

A Vaccine is not a cure it is a preventive measure.

Only one vaccine I know of works post infection and that Rabies and even then you need it right after infections in hours, days before you show symptoms.

On the whole Vaccine are meant for healthy individuals or groups pre infection to stop said infection from ever getting a foot hold.

We may be in luck!!!

Both rabies and Ebola are filoviruses, and one of the current vaccines in development, going into testing this week by the NIH, is based off the rabies vaccine. It was even noted in that research that rabies vaccinations gave primates some protection against Ebola too.

So yes it is possible to cure Ebola if we find the right combination.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join