It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Pyramid And Sphinx, The Lies And Deceptions

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I'm not too sure on Giza being built by the Israelites, but Israel DID build many many things in that region as pointed out previously on this thread, so I always keep the possibility open. That sphinx look's way too similar to Cherubim for me to feel comfie. Don't be harsh on lastday, this was an interesting conspiracy with plenty of data to confirm it, unfortunately his theory may have been proven wrong. Either way, I do believe many of us learned quite a bit from this thread

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Nakash;

I, for one, KNOW that Lastday Prophet is right-on with what he is saying. I've been working on this for over 30 years and I must say that the only thing(s) missing in his presentation is the NAME of God which is present at the Great Pyramid and second, the presence of the 10 "Symbols" that were/are in the so-called boat pit. Those 2 items, alone, are a witness and testimony that Solomon developed the ENTIRE Giza Plateau.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 12:29 AM
link   
forgive me- Judah, not Israel. Yes, I hope some more info on this becomes available. It would be amazing if Giza was a scaled down model of the New Jerusalem. Imagine....(checks Egypt travel website)

[edit on 24-3-2006 by Nakash]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by wallywally
Nakash;

I, for one, KNOW that Lastday Prophet is right-on with what he is saying. I've been working on this for over 30 years and I must say that the only thing(s) missing in his presentation is the NAME of God which is present at the Great Pyramid and second, the presence of the 10 "Symbols" that were/are in the so-called boat pit. Those 2 items, alone, are a witness and testimony that Solomon developed the ENTIRE Giza Plateau.

Show us then, stop claiming this and that otherwise your posts have no substance. You are making it up until you can display evidence that we're wrong.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
This is a fascinating topic! I don't agree entirely with the original poster, but I think he's hit on something important. What that is, exactly, I'm not prepared to say yet. In my books, I describe the "fallen sons of God," coming to the planet in what amounts to spacecraft that looked somewhat pyramidal in shape. I believe this was an attempt on their part to mimic God's handiwork. After the deluge of the area, the original fallen ones were relegated to a prison of sorts for interfering, as it were, with humankind. They disobeyed the "prime directive." Nimrod, who was the first world Emperor of the Babylonian system of Empires, re-established Egypt as one of his thrones of glory, a couple hundred years after the deluge. He being nephilim, attempted to mimic the fallen ones, who were themselves attempting to mimic God. He did this by trying to recreate several of the ante-diluvian structures or landmarks, such as the Tower of Babel, which was in reality the Etemenanki, the E.ABZU at Eridu. By re-creating the handiwork of the sons of God, Nimrod was establishing himself as the new god Emperor of the people. He is most closely associated with the babylonian Marduk, the Chinese Shun, and the Egyptian Osiris. His attempts in Egypt, resulted in the first of the lesser quality pyramids, in my opinion.

The Great Pyramid was, from my understanding, an ante-diluvian construct. It and its surrounding structures, were from the same era, stylistically, as the Osirieon in Abydos, although the Osirieon was most likely built by Nimrod in the Akkadian period. The Osirieon, like the Great Pyramid was plain, lacking hieroglyphs, and mimicking an ante-diluvian, underground structure that was below the E.ABZU in Eridu. (The E.ABZU was the ziggurat in Eridu, however, I believe it can be stated with assurety that the E.ABZU was not what we think of today as a ziggurat, since it could fly, float on the water, roar, give advice from its walls, and had an interior that was "a tangled thread beyond understanding". This room, called the ABZU or APSU, contained an entrance to the primeval ocean, the Abyss, the Bottomless Pit, from which the mount of the gods arose, and the Osirieon was most likely modelled after the antechamber of that room and entrance, just on a much smaller scale.

So to make a long story short, although Solomon may have used massive amounts of material, it's most likely that these materials were used to establish things like the aquefir (spelling?), which brought clean, fresh water down from the mountains to be used in the Brazen Sea and other lavers. The walls of the City, and so forth. That project was much bigger than you realize, apparently.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by knobby_roerr
Weren't the pyramids built well after the sphinx, like centuries after?

Hey =] personally, I believe that the Pyramids were built BEFORE the spinx. Here is my reasoning....

Believe it or not, my info comes from that hack, Dr. Abbas. He has discovered that stones on the inside of the pyramid where carved from the area around the sphinx. This means that the pyramid was built BEFORE the sphinx.

If you take this into consideration, then the pyraminds must have been built... I would guess... 12- 10,000 BC.

Also, I am not good with my history, but who what the famous Greek writer or whomever that visited and documented the pyramids being built?? He had mentioned that the workers were using large wooden "things" (I can't remember) to move the stones. One of the theories, that I believe, is that the Egyptians were actually RESTORING the pyramids. This would be more believable since the pyramid was FINISHED NOT BUILT in 20 years. Also, the outer stones are smaller in size then the inner stones, again, making it more believable that the pyramids were FINISHED in 20 years. Remember, if this is true, the rain would have erroded the pyramid. I believe that it WAS Khufu that RESTORED the pyramids, NOT BUILT THEM.

Remeber, when Nepoleon went to Egypt... when he saw the Great Pyramid, he only saw the tip. OK, think about this... Khufu is enjoying a royal day in the desert, or maybe his slaves where out in the desert... what ever... and seeing the tip of the Pyramid. As human curiosity goes, they start digging. Khufu would proclaim that it was a gift given to him by the gods, so he has it escavated. Noticing that is in crappy condition, he has it restored to it's original condition. Of course he would take the credit for it, come on, to say otherwise about a living god would most likely get you jailed or killed, am I right?

While typing this it just accured to me, that if this is at all possible, for the pyramids and the sphinx to be eroded (the pryamid would be as badly eroded as shpinx, remember...) without any type of repair or upkeep, that would mean that both would have to have been abondoned for many many years. Then to have them buried in the sand....

Also, if you notice, the head of the sphinx is not in proportion to the rest of the body. If you take a look at the large sphinx, and then take a look at one of the small ones, you will notice that the head of the large sphinx is WAY to small in proportion to it's body when compaired to the smaller counter parts.

Hey with that number 144 going around, how about we say that the great pyramid was built in 14,400 BC =]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Yes, they were restoration projects, just like Seti I restored the Osirieon!

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 08:41 AM
link   
ok this is just a thought. just wondering.
however i do agree that it has everything to do with our creator and christ.....he is the chief cornerstone. really good site talking abou it is www.bibleprophesy.org...

another thought....this is just some of my random thinking...
could the great pyramid of egypt be the capstone of a much larger pyramid under the sands

maybe it was a massive pyramid that was able to hold thousands of people...like a city. kinda like this i guess en.wikipedia.org...
i dont know maybe its been proven that what the great pyramid is sitting on or maybe its been withheld from us. i dont know i was just interested in your thoughts on this. if its too out there no big deal.

i was sitting here looking at this picture and was thinking...could the great pyramid of egypt be the capstone of a much larger pyramid under the sands...the pyramid was originally covered with 21 acres of polished, marble-like casing stones, which, shining resplendently beneath the sun's rays, earned for it the ancient title The Light. ourworld.compuserve.com...
....just like the unattached shining captsone on the back of the dollar. here are some good photos of it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

the Great Pyramid does not contain any official inscriptions or decorations saying when or by whom it was built ourworld.compuserve.com...

On the rocky plateau of Giza, 10 miles southwest of the centre of Cairo, stands the Great Pyramid, 'the most majestic and most mysterious monument ever erected by the hand of man' [1]. The Great Pyramid is the largest stone building on earth, and the last surviving wonder of the ancient world. Its base covers just over 13 acres, and it is composed of some 2.3 million blocks of granite and limestone, weighing from 2.5 to 70 tons apiece, which rise in 203 layers to the height of a forty-story building. The Pyramid was originally covered with 21 acres of polished, marble-like casing stones, which, shining resplendently beneath the sun's rays, earned for it the ancient title The Light.

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Funkydung
ok this is just a thought. just wondering.
however i do agree that it has everything to do with our creator and christ.....he is the chief cornerstone. really good site talking abou it is www.bibleprophesy.org...

[edit on 25-3-2006 by Funkydung]

Your first link reminds me of something I read in a huge doctoral thesis I found on the internet. It was written in 1962 and called the Compendium of World History. In it, the author tries to establish that the Great Pyramid was built by Job. Absolutely fascinating topic. He collected all the various histories which listed the dates for events that could establish a solid timeline for ancient egyptian history. And i quote him now:

"Egypt and Babylonia were vying with each other for influence over the Greek-speaking world. Each sought to be known as the founder of civilization, of cultural and religious institutions, of political unity. Vanity was coupled in both by a deep sense of inferiority, for both were peoples subject to the Greeks. To rise above that feeling, each claimed to be the first people of earth, not alone in the sense of civilization, but in the sense of time.

To justify their claims to antiquity, Manetho and Berossos utilized their early records, the king lists of the various cities, and cleverly marshalled them together in consecutive order. Manetho summarized the history of Egypt under the rule of thirty dynasties, or ruling houses, from the royal cities of Abydos, Memphis, Elephantine, Heracleopolis, Xois, Thebes, Tanis, Bubastis, Sais and other cities. The history of the royal families of each city was drawn up to make it appear that only one city at a time dominated Egypt, and that Egypt was, from its beginning, under the government of only one ruler at a time. The result was that Egypt appeared to be extremely ancient and the first land to establish unity -- thousands of years before the Greek city-states were united. It was a fraud!

Manetho cleverly told the history of the ruling families of each city, then attached them end to end to make Egypt appear the oldest and earliest unified nation on earth.

Egypt was a confederation. Its several kings exercised authority under the most powerful who was called Pharaoh. The word "Pharaoh" means the Great House -- as there were also lesser houses ruling.

Even the Bible preserves an account of more than one king in Egypt at the same time: "Lo, the king of Israel hath hired against us," said the Arameans, "the kings of the Hittites, and the kings of the Egyptians" (II Kings 7:6).

Like Egypt, the land of Assyria also had more than one king at the same time: "At that time did king Ahaz send unto the kings of Assyria to help him" (II Chronicles 28:16). Historians falsely charge these verses are untrue to fact."

=

He drew up a pretty indepth and fascinating timeline for the pharaohs, based on usage of all the ancient texts that offered insight into the events of ancient Egypt, including usage of the bible to date events. Where Manetho and Berossus skewed the timeline, he fixed it again, providing an interesting placement of various biblical patriarchs into key positions of ancient Egypt. This link proceeds with the setting up of the timeline, and boy is it indepth. The amount of time he put into constructing this boggles the mind.

cgca.net...

[edit on 25-3-2006 by undo]

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
measurements are in cubits with meters in brackets

EXTERNAL MEASUREMENTS
Height 280 (146.64) , now approximately 262 (137.2)
Lengths of sides North 439.67(230.25) , south 440.05 (230.25)
East 439.93 (230.39) , west 439.87 (230.36)
Now approximately 434 (227.29)
Angles of corners North east 90° 3' 2" , north west 89° 59' 58"
South east 89° 56' 27" , south west 90° 0' 33"
Orientation Average deviation of sides from cardinal directions 3' 6"
Base is level to within 0.04 (0.021)

ENTRANCE & PASSAGES
Entrance Altitude 32.4 (16.97)
13.92 (7.29) east from centre axis
Descending passage Total length 200.94 (105.23) , 63.95 (33.49) through masonry and 136.99 (71.74) through bedrock
Height 2.27 (1.19)
Width 2 (1.05)
Angle 26° 31' 23"
Ascending passage Start in descending passage 53.87 (28.21) from entrance
Length 75.02 (39.29)
Height 2.29 (1.2)
Width at lower end 1.85 (0.97) , at upper end 2.02 (1.06)
Angle 26° 2' 30"
Plug blocks There are three of them
Start 3.59 (1.88) from beginning of ascending passage
Original length 9.83 (5.15) , now 9.36 (4.9)
Well shaft Total length approximately 105 (54.99)
Opening at the beginning of the Queen's chamber's passage
Opening in descending passage 185.53 (97.16) from entrance
Width at opening in descending passage 1.49 (0.78)
There is a small recess just above the surface

SUBTERRANEAN CHAMBER
Entrance passage Altitude at northern end -57.28 (-30) , at entrance -57.13 (-29.92)
Entrance is 13.88 (7.22) east of centre axis
Length (including antechamber) 16.78 (8.79)
Height at northern end 1.83 (0.96) , at entrance 1.74 (0.91)
Width 1.57 (0.82)
Antechamber Southern end of antechamber 2.67 (1.4) from chamber's entrance
Length 3.53 (1.85)
Height 1.99 (1.04)
Width 3.51 (1.84)
Chamber Altitude of roof -51.21 (-26.82)
The centre of the subterranean chamber is 1.26 (0.66) east of the pyramid's centre axis
Length along eastern wall 15.81 (8.28) , near western wall 15.98 (8.37)
Height of main part 7.52 (3.94) , at eastern end 6.8 (3.56) , at western end 0.48 (0.25) , around shaft 9.6 (5.03)
Width 26.86 (14.07)
Pit Approximately at the centre of the chamber, near the eastern wall
Total depth approximately 5 (2.62)
Southern passage Altitude at entrance -59.12 (-30.96) , at southern end -58.83 (-30.81)
Entrance is 13.82 (7.24) east of centre axis
Length 31.33 (16.41)
Height at entrance 1.51 (0.79) , at southern end 1.41 (0.74)
Width at entrance 1.43 (0.75) , from 1.26 (0.66) to 1.45 (0.76) beyond entrance

QUEEN'S CHAMBER
Entrance passage Altitude north of step 41.51 (21.74) , 40.48 (21.2) beyond
Total length 73.92 (38.71) , north of step 63.39 (33.2) , south of step 10.53 (5.51)
Height north of step 2.25 (1.18) , south of step 3.28 (1.72)
Width 2.02 (1.06)
Chamber The centre of the chamber is 9.44 (4.9) east of centre axis and 0.015 (0.0076) north of it
Length 9.99 (5.23)
Height on walls 8.96 (4.69) , under apex 11.9 (6.23)
Width 10.99 (5.75)
Mean angle of roof 30° 26'
Niche In eastern wall
North side of niche 4.7 (2.46) from chamber's entrance
Depth 1.99 (1.04)
Height 8.92 (4.67)
Width at base 3 (1.57) , at top 0.97 (0.51)
There are four overlappings 0.25 (0.13) wide each
Northern shaft Both shafts are approximately 3 (1.57) above floor
Distance from eastern wall 5.54 (2.9)
Height 0.4 (0.21) , width 0.4 (0.21)
Total length unknown, horizontal length 3.68 (1.93)
Angle varies from 33° 18' to 40° 6'
Southern shaft Distance from eastern wall 5.5 (2.88)
Height 0.4 (0.21) , width 0.4 (0.21)
Total length 113.5 (59.44), horizontal length 3.74 (1.96)
109.8 (57.5) at 39° 36' 28"
GRAND GALLERY

Length Total length 91.36 (47.84) , to great step 88.05 (46.11)
Height Height 16.69 (8.74)
Width Width between walls 4 (2.09) , at top 2 (1.05)
Ramps There are ramps on the sides each 1 (0.52) wide
There are holes on top of the ramps, alternatively long and short: long holes 1.13 (0.59) , short holes 0.99 (0.52)

Overlappings There are seven overlappings each 0.14 (0.07) wide
Great step The great step is situated 0.02 (0.01) south of the pyramid's centre axis
The middle of the grand gallery is 13.79 (7.22) east of the pyramid's centre axis

KING'S CHAMBER

First passage Altitude 82.09 (42.99)
Length from great step 5.5 (2.88) , from gallery's southern wall 2.98 (1.56)

Height 2 (1.05)

Width 2.02 (1.06)

Antechamber Length 5.63 (2.95)
Height 7.24 (3.79)

Width 3.15 (1.65)

The eastern , southern and western walls are made of red granite

There are four slots in the eastern and western walls , the northernmost ones coming down only to the level of the passage roof and holding two blocks of granite

Second passage Length 4.89 (2.56)
Height 2 (1.05)

Width 2.02 (1.06)

Chamber The centre of the chamber is 4.8 (2.51) east of centre axis
The chamber is entirely made of red granite

Length 10 (5.24)

Height 11.17 (5.85)

Width 20 (10.47)

Northern shaft Both shafts are approximately 2 (1.05) above floor
Distance from eastern wall 4.74 (2.48)

Height 0.27 (0.14) , width 0.4 (0.21)

Total length 113.61 (59.5), horizontal length 5.02 (2.63) ,

4 (2.09) at 17°, 4 at 25°, 4 at 29° 30', 6 (3.14) at 34°

and 113.61 (59.5) at 32° 36' 8"

Southern shaft Distance from eastern wall 4.75 (2.49)
Height 0.27 (0.14) , width 0.34 (0.18)

Total length 102.25 (53.55), horizontal length 3.28 (1.72) ,

4.2 (2.2) at 39° 12', 8.3 (4.35) at 54° 32' 24"

and 86.5 (45.3) at 45°

Sarcophagus At the center of the chamber, near the western wall
External length 4.35 (2.28) Internal length 3.78 (1.98)

External height 2 (1.05) Internal depth 1.66 (0.87)

External width 1.87 (0.98) Internal width 1.3 (0.68)

Relieving chambers There are five of them, the uppermost one having a gabled roof
Total height approximately 29 (15.19) above the ceiling of the King's chamber

Lengths and widths are the same as in the King's chamber

approximately 2,300,000 blocks had been used to build the great pyramid, each averaging 2.5 tons, making a total mass of 5.75 million tons. Most of the stone is limestone quarried locally, but granite blocks from Aswan were also used for the King's chamber: the 5.5 meter long granite beams forming its ceiling weigh between 25 and 40 tons each. Nowadays, the white Turah limestone casing is missing as well as the enclosure wall which was over 8 meter high

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
thank you for all those measurements....

so, what about them, what's your point?

i really don't get the point of posting all those measurements

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It would be nice if he bothered to explain which cubit he uses. Especailly since Egypt has different lengths of a cubit, depending on the year in question. So it depends upon when he thinks the pyramid was built, which I also do not see on the post...

...maybe I just missed it.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
The biblical God built the Great Pyramid and the Great Sphinx.

Genesis 3
23 So the LORD God banished him from the Garden of Eden to work the ground from which he had been taken. 24 After he drove the man out, he placed on the east side of the Garden of Eden cherubim(the Great Sphinx) and a flaming sword(flaming hot desert) flashing(blazing) back and forth(in all directions) to guard(hide the location/knowledge of) the way to the tree of life(the Great Pyramid).

I also believe the Great Pyramids (golden)capstone is buried underneath the paws of the Great Sphinx. This is where God has hidden it until the proper time comes for God to place it back on top of the Great Pyramid.

Also once the golden capstone is placed back where it belongs on top of the Great Pyramid(the tree of life) the rejuvenating power to live forever will be reactivated again.

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Who Knows
The biblical God built the Great Pyramid and the Great Sphinx.

So, You are trying to concieve that there is a God with great masonary skill's? LOL ........
No offense, but there are plenty of tell tale sign's that the pyramids were constructed of "Quaried" lime stone... If you choose to believe your theory, fine by me, but you may want to investigate before you concede to your belief system.

This may help you understand better.....

Source:

www.catchpenny.org...

posted on Nov, 24 2007 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
It would be nice if he bothered to explain which cubit he uses.

...maybe I just missed it.

his whole post was copy and pasted from here
www.repertorium.net...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I read a very interesting book about the pyramids and many other things.

Link:

www.amazingafricanbooks.com...

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
The interpretation of Rev 21:2ff is often erroneous. Actually this scripture is not talking about a LITERAL TEMPLE or CITY - it is talking about the return of the CHURCH to the NEW EARTH which will replace this current one which will be destroyed (cleansed) by fire (Rev 21:1; 2 Pet 3:7).

That is the whole point of the Gospel - replacing ritualistic worship at temples with true worship "in Spirit and in Truth" (John 4; Hebrews).

The symbolism of the dimensions and descriptions is talking about the KINGDOM of GOD in accordance with his ETERNAL PURPOSES worked out through all history (12 gates = 12 tribes of Israel; 12 foundations = 12 apostles of the Lamb etc.)

The old temples (whether the Pyramid or the Temple at Jerusalem) have passed away, and their purpose (to provide a focus for connection with God) has been replaced with a better one - BELIEVERS in CHRIST have become the true temple and there will never need to be another built by human hands (Heb 9:11; 24)!

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
BlackGuardXIII, when the majority of evidence points to one event that is the one that will more often than not be excepted.

Until you can present some evidence, that goes directly against what everyone else has said - including people who have spent years studying this field, than you have no case and are living in pure fantasy. The whole purpose of a debate is not to put blinkers on and refuse to see any evidence, evidence which I have posted time and time again now. Yet you still refuse to acknowledge it.

Like it or not, during the period the Egyptian Dynesty did have the required ability and man-power to complete it. That has been posted, many times on these forums. Until you can provide evidence against such things...maybe it's time you accept it?

I have just as many unsolved questions as when I joined ATS, regarding Giza, likely cuz I had read dozens of studies beforehand, my favourite auther being Flinders-Petrie. If you accept that 4th Dynasty technology and design ability works for you, good. The most recognizable building on earth looks, at first glance, massive yet fairly simple. The more it is studied, the more complex it becomes, until it can be seen to be a feat of design, logistics, and precision which makes it like finding a current model formula one racecar, and being told it was one of the first models, whereas later models ( the Model T, and the Edsel) were vastly inferior. Lets say we disagree, I cannot accept that the claims are provable. If you had proven to me that Khufu could have done it, I would thank you.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

[I have just as many unsolved questions as when I joined ATS, regarding Giza, likely cuz I had read dozens of studies beforehand, my favourite auther being Flinders-Petrie. If you accept that 4th Dynasty technology and design ability works for you, good. The most recognizable building on earth looks, at first glance, massive yet fairly simple. The more it is studied, the more complex it becomes, until it can be seen to be a feat of design, logistics, and precision which makes it like finding a current model formula one racecar, and being told it was one of the first models, whereas later models ( the Model T, and the Edsel) were vastly inferior. Lets say we disagree, I cannot accept that the claims are provable. If you had proven to me that Khufu could have done it, I would thank you.

So BG13 what is your belief or idea of where the pyramds came from?

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune
So BG13 what is your belief or idea of where the pyramds came from?

Regarding the associations of Menkaure, Khafre, and Khufu to the pyramids, the best idea I have read is that they claimed them. That would mean the first claimed the biggest, the second claimed the next biggest, and Menkaure got the little one. The Sphinx may have been restored by a Pharoah like Khafre, whose image was then carved into the lion head. This explains the great difference in weathering, the head looks much more recent. It also explains why erosion cracks in the body were found to be repaired around the time of Khafre.
The identity of the builders is a mystery to me, but I would guess they were likely Africans. As for when they were built, I feel they predate the global cataclysm which happened around 9500 BC. The frequency amplitude maginification theory is my favorite for how the blocks were moved. It could also explain Jerichos walls falling, Merlin moving the Stonehenge stones, and Tibetan monks raising boulders by their fingertips. It definitely explains the collapse of the Tacoma Narrows bridge, taken down by 42 mile per hour winds which steadily increased the wave in the bridge to failure.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join