It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mommy, can I have one...please, Please, Pretty PLEASE! The Alaskan CoPilot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

I'm looking into getting a Rossi R92 .45LC along with a revolver of the same caliber. My days of having a tacti-cool weapon are over and just want something to hunt with and personal protection. One common caliber is cheaper than many different ones.

Of course, I do still love my Ruger 10/22, which is semi tacti-cool. (I floated the barrel and swapped the trigger and added a Vortex Red/Green Dot sight), but that's mainly for varmints and punching holes in paper and beer cans.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

In my town of 500 we had a really great sporting goods for several years, friendly and great service. I had him order a few guns and parts that needed a license for me. Unfortunately he moved to Juneau as our island just did not have enough customer base to make a good living, that shop is missed!

Small town life is great, but it has it's drawbacks too!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Well then, there you go...

Pretty good reason for a reputable manufacture to steal his ideas and make me a nice little pack gun.
For a more reasonable price too.

My wife say's the only TV show I could ever get on is "Cop's" Most likely for choking Charlie Moore and throwing him out of his boat... Bawhahahaha....

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Nice, I love Rossi's cowboy guns!

I think the 10/22 is one of the finer plinkers, and it's having so many after market goodies adds to the fun!

Edit: Image of the R92 added

That would be good fun and a great brush gun!!!

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I understand. We have never actually gone into that shop because of the image they portray on their show.

While not a huge fan of sore shoulders or loud noises, I am a fan of the deep woods and the resources I can find within them. The critters that reside in those deep woods command a special respect since they can take someone down pretty quickly. I also prefer to raise my kids outdoors instead of in front of a screen. As a mama myself I'm required to take care of them and protect them. Here that requires a weapon. I have had to discharge it once, but I have never killed anything that isn't an insect or fish. I actually have a mama moose and her calf eating my strawberry plants as I type,( my boys are mad about this too, haha). I live in another world compared to most, and completely by choice. The funny thing is that I'm more comfortable around one ton wild animals than I would be walking through the streets of NYC or London with all of the people.

This pretty, compact, weapon could actually go a ways to relieving some of the shoulder pain even since it could lighten the pack considerably. Though I suppose the weight of the ammo would inevitably add some back in.

I hope you have a great day!

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

For hunting I like my Browning BLR 7mm WSM

Gander Mountain has a new one listed for $999 but if you shop around, esp in the smaller mom an pop shops you can get a way better deal

Edit to add... I'm an elk hunter, and I do put my name in for the Moose Draw up in Wyoming, haven't got drawn in 5 years now... sad sighs... so I need the extra umph...and a 45LC would never work for me

edit on 23-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
The owner of that store is a real piece of work. I'll never shop there just because of the attitude he's given friends of mine.

Perhaps you need friends with money.......?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

You could always go with a .44 Mag and a chest harness for quick access.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

This is more along the lines I'm thinking of.

Then a nice Duster and Hat and I'm set.

Though I won't wear Cowboy boots as they don't do to well on snow and ice.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Dayum those are pretty sweet little TD's. I would take one in .45 Colt....

After looking at the site, the price is only for the base, you have to also purchase all the goodies which brings the total up another $1500 or more.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I actually carry a Taurus Judge. It will shoot .44 long colt or .410 slugs. I have it staggered to give me a minute to get a better shot with the slug. My side shoulder holster is perfect since young ones and berry buckets occupy my front. I like the Judge because I have some good firepower in a small package. I used to take my rifle but I had to put it down too often since I still haven't grown that third hand.

edit on 23-9-2014 by woodsmom because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Ah, I like that one too. Longer barrel adds fps and makes aiming a bit easier.

Dang now I want a new shooter!

Will you be reloading?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

To rich for my blood too...
Looks like you and I will be hanging out in the cheap seats... at least we're in good company right?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: woodsmom

Been reading your posts in this thread and must say your spot on, many folks do not realize in Alaska having a gun for protection is often for the dangerous four legged critters.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Round my parts our biggest worry is feral dogs.
City folks dump them out here... they go mean then we're putting up fences to keep them out of the chickens.
you almost have to go tacti-cool them damn dogs, got no fear of people and they'll tear you apart if your not careful.

Yup, the ASPA that's been dumping em...cats too... Bunny huggers think it's the best option ya know.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It is a different world up here. A gun isn't something to be taken lightly, but still a necessity here. I'm not a hard core survivalist or shooting aficionado. I simply live and work and play in the wilderness and have a family to protect. I do try to make this viewpoint known at least in the hopes that someone else will understand why people would want a large caliber weapon. I don't even let my kids pretend to shoot people in play or not pretend to clean the moose that they pretended to shoot. Haha.

I can also see the draw for the gun in the OP. It's a nice piece of equipment, and it's pretty too.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yep I will be reloading. That was one of the main reasons I chose .45LC.

But I should get back on topic and say I would never pay that kind of cash for a rifle of that type in the OP. That one rifle would probably pay for both of the ones I want and they would be just as reliable too.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What if the girls comes with...
for that kind of money she should follow you around, holding that rifle ever ready to hand it to you with a big bright happy smile...

Would say more but I gotta go put on my hard hat before the wife thunks me on the head...

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

If the girl came with it, then yea, I'd think hard about buying it.

Crap! My desperation is showing isn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

7mm is one of those guns I always wanted, that ballistics are so flat you can really reach out touch anything you want. I used a remmington woodsmaster model 740 30-6 semi auto for years, nice shooting rifle. But for our little blacktail island deer I have gone to a Siaga 223 with a 20 in barrel, less destruction of meat and plenty of take down power.

No dogs here, but we have plenty of wolves which even come into town sometimes.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join