It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double crescent moon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Myomistress

It's still visible, but slowly disappearing as the moon rise.

It's 04:00 here so i'm too going to bed in a moment, i was just up as i couldn't sleep and saw it through the window, thought it was the window creating it at first, until i opened the window and it was still there.

I will follow the news tomorrow to check if others saw it too, would be nice to show a picture or at least an article.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

With a nice catchy headline

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Sometimes, after a hard day at work, I see double moons.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
Nah, lol, I'm just kidding with you, I had the shutter speed too slow and not exactly Mr Steady Hand....

This is a better one, over the UK now...

I see you used a 300mm lens that's a heavy crop.

Here is one I took a while back with a 300mm lens same heavy crop

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: wmd_2008

I was leaning out of my back office window as the moon was low on the horizon and almost behind the firestation...plus it was somewhat dark and rather orange to the unaided eye, so slow shutter speed, high ISO and my unsteady hand made for a poor shot....I have done better, honest.

ETA:

Here is another I done some time ago, please bear in mind, if you look up "amateur photographer" on the internet, you will more than likely find a picture of me sucking on a raspberry....

edit on 18/9/14 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

That is a nice shot, looking at the exif data at that shutter speed you would have no chance of gettig a decent shot you know and I know I was just commenting on the crop.

Some other images posted in the thread are due to camera movement due to slow shutter speed and the OP's comment about his camera phone pick is also due to exposure settings the phone used.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
saw it through the window, thought it was the window creating it at first, until i opened the window and it was still there.

I was gonna say that if you saw it through a window, then it was a double reflection of the crescent moon. But if you say you saw it directly too, then that complicates things.

Did you look at the features on the Moon? Were the features doubled up, or was it just one crescent moon with something black dividing it?

By the way, get yourself a pair of binoculars, that way you can have a closer look at such phenomena (and have great stargazing nights in general)

edit on 18-9-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oddly, the darn moon never popped out from my tree line, which is highly unusual. The moon is visible every night here in nj, so long as it's not raining, and we had a decent sky last night, but the moon just never rose out of the tree line. Such a disappointment......

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: j.r.c.b.

The position and time the Moon rises & sets changes, plenty of sites & free software on the net to show that fact

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
The moon is visible every night here in nj

You are aware of the fact that the Moon orbits the Earth every 28 days or so, aren't you? That means that sometimes it's visible during the night, sometimes during the day, and other times not visible at all (because it's "new").

It can't be visible every night.

<< 1   >>

join