It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race Issues Raised When Oakland Firefighter, Kids Detained By Police Officer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This cop was good and handled it accordingly. He has to make sure that this guy is who he says he is and not a thief. The firefighter should be glad that this cop is helping protect his job place. The kids won't be scarred for life.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I also wanted to say that this firefighter is using his race card to try and gain profit. For that, he should be terminated from the F.D. immediately. He is a liar and a racist. He tried to ruin a good cops career. Luckily, that body-cam protected this cop from being smeared. All cops should have to wear them.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I never said Jones spoke to Cameron. Cameron spoke to Da Lin, the reporter, and any information he received was from the statements Jones gave to the reporter.

Jones and his false accusations of this being racial, is a lie. Do you really believe he filed a COMPLAINT against this officer because his 9 year old son cried? I am tired of the race card being thrown down at every interaction with police. If it is used appropriately and judiciously, I'm all for it. You say he didn't lie. Marvelous! I say his actions could have cost this rookie cop his career, and added more fuel to an already raging and out of control fire. Thank God the camera was there.

I will rant and rave all day long when cops are caught doing wrong. I will also rant and rave when they are falsely accused. Jones filed a complaint, not an opinion, against this officer. As a public servant himself, he should be aware of how his actions affect others. It is illegal to file a false report, as well as a false accusation. Guess we will have to agree to disagree on this one.
edit on 9 17 2014 by retiredTxn because: Fix Quotes

<< 1   >>

join