It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will an independant Scotland be part of NATO, UN treatise. Have a Military?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

yeah, getting in bed with Vladimir probably not a good idea either. Starting to sense a pattern here hehe.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: flammadraco
a reply to: nonspecific

Typical "Victim Mentality" when the going gets tough and folk give you facts, you both play the victim card.

I'm sure a lot of English folk would agree that we wanted you to remain part of the UK but after seeing the anti English rhetoric by the YES campaign, we changed our minds and hoping your YES vote wins. That being said I'll still attempt to correct any false info that has been spoon fed to you.

Shall we clarify a few bits and bobs before we carry on, Firstly I thought you said you were going to ignore anything I said on the matter, are you now changing your mind and I can address your comments again,

Secondly I am English, live in England and support Scottish independance regardless of the socio economic outcome as I respect the right for a nation to govern itself and make decisions that benifit the people.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
It would be interesting times if Scotland became friendly with Russia and allowed them to set up Military bases in an Independant Scotland.

Are you having a laugh? That would not be allowed to happen as NATO would step in and whoop Scotland's arse.

And this is the mindset of the YES campaign. Seems Scotland will be a commie country within a few years.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Will an independant Scotland be part of NATO, UN, EU and other treatise. Have a Military? Queen, NATO and EU won't be Obliged to provide them defense or anything really.

Scary world to jump out into all alone.

An independent Scotland will not be the enemy of England but the friend. They will always work together for the same reasons. They will probably have some type of national alliance as do all of the former commonwealth of nations do that were once under the Crown.

What will be different is that Scotland will be able to decide it's own immigration policy apart from the disaster that England has made of theirs. And they will be able to decide on things unique and local to the people of Scotland.

Scotland is a minority to Britain, about 8% of the population. They have little say on what goes on in their own nation. It was called the "United Kingdom" for a reason, but it became something else as of late.

Whatever they decide. I wish them well. To give an idea on how close it is, I am friends with a Scottish family living here in the US, and their vote went like this. 3 for independence and 3 against. It divided the family in half. It promises to be a squeaker but in the end the secessionists will have the victory and Scotland will be free and independent.

No matter how it turns out, it will be fine, just fine.

edit on 16-9-2014 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

It would be interesting times if Scotland became friendly with Russia and allowed them to set up Military bases in an Independant Scotland.

Even better, Lets kick out Trident and bring in the Russian Subs.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Just confirming were you the member that never knew Blair was Scottish? If so I stand by my comments to ignore your posts as you really don't have a clue what your saying.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: flammadraco
If Scotland votes for independence then the Shetland island as part of Scotland comes with Scotland. The exact same as every other part of Scotland regardless of the local vote. If there was then a demand in the Shetland for independence and a referendum organised so be it. However no poll is have ever seen has ever suggested such a demand exists.

edit on 16-9-2014 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Are you having a laugh? That would not be allowed to happen as NATO would step in and whoop Scotland's arse.

And this is the mindset of the YES campaign. Seems Scotland will be a commie country within a few years.

lol

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Yes I was having a laugh I seem to remember a couple of incidents a few years ago when The UK an US did in fact invade oil rich countries.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
If Scotland votes for independence then the Shetland island as part of Scotland cones with Scotland. The exact same as every other part of Scotland regardless of the local vote. If there was then a demand in the Shetland for independence and a referendum organised so be it. However no poll is have ever seen has ever suggested such a demand exists.

That's a far cry from you said before, see what research accomplishes?

However have a read from the link I gave you, it's from 1979 and actually includes the "opt out clause" as an act of parliament.

link   

Just confirming were you the member that never knew Blair was Scottish? If so I stand by my comments to ignore your posts as you really don't have a clue what your saying.

Not a problem I respect your decision. As I said at the time I did not know that Tony Blair was born in Scotland but to be fair I never claimed he was not Scottish and swiftly admitted as such.

link   
Has Blair ever identified himself as Scottish? Again what is the obsession with ethnic origin?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I think it was more to do with the fact that I did not fully agree with there agenda and less to do with his place of birth within the United Kingdom.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Ehm no its exactly what I have said all along Shetland islands are part of Scotland and there is no demand to change that?
The only link I remember you posting was one to an article about a conspiracy to create the idea that Shetland islanders wanted independence from Scotland. If I gave missed another my apologies and if you could kindly relink.
However I am pretty sure there is no act of parliament giving Shetlands an opt out. Especially not one created 35 years in advance if the actual referendum just in case.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Has Cameron ever identified himself as English?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
Ehm no its exactly what I have said all along Shetland islands are part of Scotland and there is no demand to change that?
The only link I remember you posting was one to an article about a conspiracy to create the idea that Shetland islanders wanted independence from Scotland. If I gave missed another my apologies and if you could kindly relink.
However I am pretty sure there is no act of parliament giving Shetlands an opt out. Especially not one created 35 years in advance if the actual referendum just in case.

Scotland had a "Devolved Government" referendum in 1979 which was lost and another referendum in 1997 which won. The opt out clause was added to the act in 1979 by parliament.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Judge a man by his actions not his birth place and especially not his parents birth place.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Has Cameron ever identified himself as English?

Well last week he was up here reminding us all that his surname name is Cameron...like that would make a difference.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I think it was more to do with the fact that I did not fully agree with there agenda and less to do with his place of birth within the United Kingdom.

Sometimes people need to feel superior but the display has the opposite effect. Some just want to argue no matter what. It is not so much an agenda, more of a display of personality.

edit on 16-9-2014 by midicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Regardless of the current arranged system/plan after any yes vote, I support the UK offering any mutually beneficial and cozy deal to the Shetlands or anyone else if it benefits my country. An independent Scotland will be a foreign nation and I expect my government to negotiate ruthlessly in any legal way it can with another foreign nation.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join