It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MUST SEE!! Student frustrated with teacher...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Student angry at teacher goes off about how they Are the future of this nation. Truly inspiring worth the data trust me.

Nothing to add everything is said in the video.

Apologize if it's been posted.

ADD: This is truly inspirational. This is a millennial, part of the do nothing no good lazy political defunct generation mind you.
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Nah, I didn't have to see that. I've seen many know it all kids. That VAST life experience letting them know what is what. Whine, whine. If he thinks he's not being taught, use your brain. Do something. There's this thing out called the Internet? Teach yourself then. Oh wait, that would entail problem resolution. Much harder than whining.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Yeah man. I agree.

I would say that finding a good teacher is like finding a good friend. Count yourself lucky if its more than a few when youre done searching.

There is no better teacher than yourself. TEACH yourself.

edit on 9 13 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I'm going to copy and paste what I put on my cousins facebook page when he posted this video:

"The teachers just do what they are told to do. Schools get funding for the grades on standardized tests, so teachers are often told that they only need to teach what is on those tests and that they need to treat them like tests. If you don't like it take it to the school board. They will only change it if enough people complain."

That is what I told him yesterday and that's still what I believe to be true. These kids don't know the dynamics of school systems, and they don't know what these teachers are told to teach throughout the school year or how they are told to teach. They are in school to sit down, shut up and do the work that they are assigned.

I believe that the whole school system needs reworked, but these kids aren't helping themselves any. I'm about 90% sure that I would have learned a whole lot more in school if kids in my classes weren't mouthing off, making a scene and being distracting.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Nah, I didn't have to see that. I've seen many know it all kids. That VAST life experience letting them know what is what. Whine, whine. If he thinks he's not being taught, use your brain. Do something. There's this thing out called the Internet? Teach yourself then. Oh wait, that would entail problem resolution. Much harder than whining.

He DID use his brain and he DID do something. When he spoke about her talking about how it's her 'paycheck' he should have told her to 'earn it' !
Teachers who sit on their backsides for the entire lesson quoting from books and telling the pupils just to read the rest are incredibly lazy. That kid was absolutely right if that was her teaching method. She should 'engage' the class and work with them.
Good for him.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Give me a break.

Why are we spending billions on an education system that doesn't teach people?

There is so many things wrong with your perspective I don't even know where to begin.

Why don't we just buy everyone iPads then instead of funding an education system?
edit on 9/13/2014 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
This is an old video.

Pretty sure it was posted before.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: sayzaar

Exactly this is ridiculous.

Some people can't be pleased.

To some he's just a lazy no good for nothing g punk when his message is valid and should be payed attention too.

"We'll I went through the school system fine"

ME ME ME ME

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

Give me a break.

Why are we spending billions on an education system that doesn't teach people?

There is so many things wrong with your perspective I don't even know where to begin.

Why don't we just buy everyone iPads then instead of funding an education system?

I agree with Intrepid. If you don't like something, do something about it. He isn't doing anything about it. He's just whining because he doesn't like the way he is being taught something. He's causing a scene in class and interrupting the learning process of other students. How is that helping his case? It's not. When I was in school if we were taught something that I wanted to learn more about, or we were given a packet that mentioned something I wanted to learn more about, I would write the subject down in a notebook and go home and look it up, or go to the library.
What's funny is that this video is probably taken out of context. They were probably given a packet of work to do, and would go over it the next day. I had plenty of teachers that did that before we started a new unit, because they wanted to know how much we knew.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Some background is that this kid is in a continuation school cause he got kicked out of his high school for falling to far behind. Tosh.0 does a Web redemption with him and you can get the whole story.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I just got out of school, and one student suggested the reason we have this problem, is that students these days,forget what they learn because it is a one shot deal. After you take the class, it is over, and it is not repeated in future classes which is why students don't remember what they learn from previous classes. Plus, students do not learn hands on. Books will teach something but students also need hands on training. And then, you have students who just don't give 100% for their education. A [C] to them is equalivent to an [A].

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

What's he suppose to do besides voice his opinion? He's a damn kid give me a break.

And Csn you link to tosh.o please?

link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
Some background is that this kid is in a continuation school cause he got kicked out of his high school for falling to far behind. Tosh.0 does a Web redemption with him and you can get the whole story.

Was probably falling behind because he was too busy mouthing off. It's easy to not do your work and complain that you're not learning anything. I hate kids like this.

link   

That kid told it like it is.

The "teacher" now knows what side her bread is buttered on.

He could run for Governor.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Oh my god.

People in this world are.......insert......

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What's he suppose to do besides voice his opinion? He's a damn kid give me a break.

And Csn you link to tosh.o please?

He's supposed to let the teacher do their job. He's supposed to sit down, keep his mouth shut and do his work.
He's supposed to deal with it and NOT interrupt the learning process of other students.

There are other ways tp deal with things like this. Go to the principal. Go to the school board. Don't interrupt a class.
Have some respect.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

See, this is the problem resolution I was talking about. Like I said. The Internet is there, use it.

Oh, and when I was this kids age I worked 30 hours a week as well as school.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Like I said,

ME ME ME ME

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think you missed his point.
He was saying to get the students excited about learning. Not about what they're being taught. There's a method to teaching, besides just dumping it out there, scribbling a few things on a chalkboard and expecting kids to want to learn. You need to actually 'teach' in a stimulating way. Sounds like she makes very little effort. You can hear her not even defending herself.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Like I said,

ME ME ME ME

Yes. It sounds just like the kids these days.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join