It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola virus scare: Experts say Australia is equipped to contain the disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
n ews.com.au

FEARS a Gold Coast man may have contracted Ebola have incited panic that an outbreak of the deadly virus could hit Australia.

So I just noticed this on news.com.au. It was only a matter of time before we had our own 'scare'. The article says it's unlikely it is Ebola, just a precaution but I thought I would throw it out there to the aussies on board, and those of us following the Ebola articles.

Although, this would be alarming to see if you had it pass you on the highway! Caption:

Taking precaution: Emergency crews surround as a Gold Coast man is transported to hospital. Pic: Glenn Hampson Source: News Corp Australia

I'll keep this thread updated with what I can find on the guys situation.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Hope somebody is: This is gonna be a nasty one. H1n1 on steroids.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: bkaust

the pic is interesting...where is the man they are transporting? Can't see him.

oh yeah... also, they have gone to lots of effort, yanno with the quarantine of the chap. Looks as though they stopped one side of the highway to bring him through.

wow

edit on CDT02uThu, 11 Sep 2014 02:22:46 -05002246am253 by Thurisaz because: add

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CHinauser
Hope somebody is: This is gonna be a nasty one. H1n1 on steroids.

I'm not sure how I feel about assurances that we would be fine if it came over here. Luckily, our family is fairly quiet. We don't tend to go out to major shopping centres or touristy type places (I'm a little antisocial) I stay at home all day with the kids, and my husband works in wholesale sales, so neither of us have much contact with people that go overseas, but I imagine the panic of it hitting here alone will put a strain on the hospitals. Many worried people. I know QLD health already has issues with the hospitals due to budget/funding, so it'll be interesting. Gold Coast uni hospital is (if memory serves) quite a new hospital too, so hopefully that counts for something if it is Ebola?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

They have a picture of him in the article. Hoodie and cap, looks like he feels sorry for himself, as you would!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
see the "Welcome to Queensland" sign...?

that is on the border of NSW and Qld.

weird

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

and they are going the wrong way. The Welcome sign would be behind them if they were going into Qld and it would not be seen. They are in NSW...that pic shows they crossed the border. WTF? Maybe they have moved the patient to NSW (SYDNEY hospital) ???? Why by road though?

something weird is going on... prolly more media lies?

edit on CDT02000000Thu, 11 Sep 2014 02:29:25 -05002925am253 by Thurisaz because: clarify

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Good catch, so maybe he lives down Tweed Heads way? They go on about NSW hospitals in the article, but maybe they thought to transfer him to the best closest, and if it's actually Ebola, transfer him to NSW/Westmead for proper treatment?

and to the lies - most likely. We don't bother watching the local news anymore with the likes of Cambell Newman and his BS. They're all full of #.
edit on 11/9/2014 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bkaust

Probably St Vincents in NSW. Might google and see what hospital in Sydney can handle this type of infection.

Flying the patient would have been quicker... very strange they took the highway.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
there are Qld and NSW bikes.... also one I can see that is unmarked... like unmarked police cars...they all look the same and are used in any State/Terrority.

The red vehicle? That is Qld highway patrol.

edit on CDT03000000Thu, 11 Sep 2014 03:03:26 -05000326am253 by Thurisaz because: edit

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Where is the closest CSIRO lab in northern NSW?
2nd

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

I was just reading now that the Health Authority in Qld says the 27 yr old does not have ebola....

they still maintain that he was isolated in Qld... if the pic is true and correct...then someone is lying.

I don't trust what they are claiming.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Yeah, I gathered that from your posts. Thats why Im asking about where the closest CSIRO is?--thats the only secure bio-med outfit that can quarantine him AND keep the press out.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:53 AM
link   

“The Centre for Infectious Diseases and Microbiology Laboratory Services (CIDMLS) of the Institute for Clinical Pathology and Medical Research (ICPMR, Pathology West), at Westmead Hospital, is the only NSW laboratory equipped to undertake viral diagnostic testing for Ebola virus,” Prof. Dwyer said.

n ews link

wow... Prof Dwyer has contradicted the news. LOL

don't you think it is funny... they are claiming the patient is in Qld being treated and yet the Professor states the above in the same article

edit on CDT03uThu, 11 Sep 2014 03:56:07 -05005607am253 by Thurisaz because: fix formatting

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
That picture looks like a photo of a bike rally, look at the other bikes in the shot.
I'm sure the police are not riding Hayabusa's.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: bkaust
n ews.com.au

Taking precaution: Emergency crews surround as a Gold Coast man is transported to hospital. Pic: Glenn Hampson Source: News Corp Australia

Save that pic--Ive got a feeling it wont be online by tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I already have saved it...cos I was checking it out under zoom.

yeah and your prolly right... the picture will 'vanish' into the cyber abyss by tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shaded27
That picture looks like a photo of a bike rally, look at the other bikes in the shot.
I'm sure the police are not riding Hayabusa's.

I thought that at first so I just posted it to my FB and tagged a mate who lives on the Qld side of the border, if it was a bike rally he might possibly know about it--he's a bike guy...

I also noted that it was published as transporting the ebola guy and to see if he spots anything odd about the pic.

Also, when I first thought it was a bike charity ride I TinEyed it (reverse image search) and it had no results. This doesnt mean it has never been published online before, but I thought it was worth a check...

edit on 11-9-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Gold Coast man cleared of Ebola virus:
www.brisbanetimes.com.au...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join