It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fight at Memphis, Tennessee Kroger 9-6-2014

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Let's be honest. There are WAY more than enough violent beasts in this country to warrant carrying a gun FULL TIME. I lived in Memphis for several years and I could easily see it being the starting point of an all-out race war. If I were this dude, as soon as I was released from the hospital, I'd be immediately firing the first shots of that war. Inexcusable.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

So very true, If I where a bystander I just couldnt let it go on, doesnt matter if he was black white red yellow or purple it just aint right. But your right I'd be labeled a racist monster.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I am glad to hear the none of three people assaulted at Krogers had to be hospitalized.

These stories make me sick.
I don't know why they were chanting 'Fam Mob' after leaving a pizza place and beating people unconscious, but I see that Fam Mob is some kind of hip hop group and they have a Facebook page.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Here's some info about the ghetto thugs in Memphis. I think the title of this thread is inaccurate. This was not a fight. This was a mob attack.

Like most other communities with a high level of poverty, Hollywood is no exception in Memphis for gang and drug related violence. Drugs bring the money but the need for money is so great and not everyone can come to an agreement,and this leads to the manifestation of gangs. With both being high in numbers Vicelords and GDs rival for territory. Vicelords(VLs) lead in numbers in Memphis but there is not a huge gap. In Hollywood alone, there is a mixture of gangs; Vicelords, Bloods, Crips, and Gangster Disciples(GDs), with VL coming in 1st and GD following behind and Crip sets hold the third spot. Bloods of North Memphis can usually be found in the community of Klondike, which is approximately 7 blocks from University Street. Gang and drug violence reached staggering highs in the years of 1996-2009. The Gang Investigation Unit(GI Unit) along with Operation Blue C.R.U.S.H. produced improvements in the year of 2010 and 2011, but still new gangs; and mobs or squads have been introduced in Memphis. For example: Young Mob,Murda Squad, and Fam Mobb.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Memphis Police Department Director Toney Armstrong released the following statement: "We are fully aware of the last night's incidents. It is extremely troubling to see how many young people were involved, especially on the heels of last week's youth forum. A lot of our citizens are working to provide safe and productive alternatives for our youth. For those that choose not to take advantage of these opportunities, we will work tirelessly to identify, locate and hold you accountable. Last night's events clearly demonstrates a lack of parental controls and if warranted these parents will also be held accountable."
www.wfsb.com...

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

So you see a mob of people viciously assaulting a young man, then pelting him with pumpkins and soccer kicking his head and you need some time to deliberate about what the motives are? We should really ask those attackers why they did this huh? Then really consider their answer, those poor kids.

If it was whites attacking you'd be quite certain the motive was race. Whatever the stated motives are, what does it matter? A mob of blacks tried to kill a white kid, therefore it is a racist attack.

If you give these attackers a minute to collect themselves they'll claim the white kid used the N word or something. But really, what does it matter? It was a vicious, racist attack, attempted murder.

They'll all get slaps on the wrist. Their parents will cry to the cameras. They'll all be declared aspiring athletes, scholars, civil rights heroes. We'll be asked to examine why we're so hateful toward urban youths. This whole thing will become about how these young people aren't being given opportunities and so they have to resort to this.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If you act like animals you should be put down like animals,

Animals? Why do people always insult animals like this?
I've never seen animals act this way. What I see is far
worse than any animals. I see humans.

edit on Rpm90714v292014u44 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

If you act like animals you should be put down like animals,

Animals? Why do people always insult animals like this?
I've never seen animals act this way. What I see is far
worse than any animals. I see humans.

Touche' good sir well played.....

I reluctantly concede your point

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I do agree with the mark you had in mind.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
So are people gonna rally in this town? Rhetorical

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
...I simply don't know what happened and it seems like a lot of people here have decided already...

We know what happened. It's in the video. If you can come up with any justification for a mob beating like that, by all means let's hear it.

People here have decided it was a hate crime because legal precedent tells us so. The Obama DoJ has made it abundantly clear that any time a black person is victimized by someone of another race, it is a hate crime. Why would it not be the same for a white person?

I am with Kanga...hate crimes should not be a thing. Assault is assault, murder is murder.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Simmer down on BH. I don't think she was implying that racism wasn't a possibility, just that it's not automatically clear what happened. It would be my first guess, but we don't really know. I didn't take that as apologist at all. I've always held her in very high regard on this site and pay attention when I see a post and have yet to see apologist nonsense or conclusion jumping.

Do I think this was probably a hate crime, absolutely. It's the same thing with other topics though, you can easily be surprised when more information gets out.

So in the OP it was said that the security guard was filming. I was actually pretty impressed he got in the thick of it personally. Not sure if he was filming or trying to call the cops but he certainly wasn't sitting there with his thumb up his ass.

(post by GreyGoo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Watch the white folk riot now!

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: angrypsycho1977
I did a search and have not seen this posted yet. This has made me almost ill looking at it. This is disgusting. A large group of teenagers attacks a guy because he is white, and the person filming laughs until they see he is seriously hurt. Even the security guard was standing by and filming! No one cares anymore. Will we see this on the national news? Probably not, which is sad. Any type of bigotry needs to be exposed, even if it is a painful truth.

Here is the video:

YouTube

Here is a link to a local news report in the area:

www.myfoxmemphis.com...

And the Yankees up North wonder why we feel the need to carry guns in Tennessee.
Take a look at this link to the double murder in my home town of Knoxville. With out a weapon a lone white guy is simply prey to roving packs of young blacks. How about ole Al Sharpton waying in on this one. We need law enforcement with out color. It's simple, we carry guns for self protection here in Tennessee.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The only thing I can say is this will not go unanswered.

Here is my reasoning allowing hate crime to happen against one color or the other incites rage, fury and anger that is already stewing.

This is the kind of incidents that will fuel a very large situation that most likely will get out of control.

If the justice department doesn't take care of this quick, then expect vigilante groups to start rising up.

Very sad day, and I'm more sad to see human beings treating each other like this.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have read a few stories about this today, and a commenter on the Gawker article about this said that the other 2 victims that came to the aid of the guy seen in the video, who were also knocked out, were both black. According to the article this was part of a game.

The witness said the group was made up of "100 to 125 kids" who were playing a game called "Point Them Out, Knock Them Out."

"Where they would point someone out and attempt to knock them out or fight them. There was no real reason behind it," the witness said. "They followed hitting him with a pumpkin. He was already unconscious, so all you could see was blood and pumpkins."

The teen, who watched in horror as the mob beat his friends until they couldn't move, said this is the second weekend he saw a violent mob of kids attack random people in the shopping plaza parking lot.

Source

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I don't believe in "hate crimes"----in fact I believe it was one of the most dangerous laws passed in the US. A crime is a crime. Prosecuting it doesn't entail looking into the heart of the accused but rather looking at actions. I have lobbied against such nonsense from the first time I heard it advanced. It is totally unconstitutional and a tool of those who are out for revenge rather than justice.
This mob should be brought to justice---every single one of them---for their behavior, not what was in their empty head or hearts.
If someone wallops me up-side-the-head, I frankly don't care about the emotions involved, I just want them punished for their misdeed.
Having had two good friends reside in Memphis for a good long time in recent years, I'm not the least bit surprised. As they both concluded, in order to be safe in that town, you would need full-time body guards and live behind locked doors in a "gated community." They concluded that Memphis wasn't where they wanted to be if/when the grid begins to fail....

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: angrypsycho1977

I hate these videos.

I'm glad I've been training for almost 15 years I'm telling you one highly trained individual is like ten untrained 20 year olds.

I don't care how well trained you think you are. Unless you're able to make the group leave you alone, they will eventually get you down and mess you up.

Mobs don't fight like you've trained.

You make a good point, and I know it could go either way, but in my experience, if you can seriously mess up one guy, the rest will think twice. Or do something insane to one of them, like biting a chunk of flesh off a guys leg after getting knocked down on the ground...will make the others think twice or stun them enough so you can get away, or so Ive heard...
edit on 9/8/2014 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Remember in the movie Tombstone where they finally got fed up with the cowboys' violence that Kurt Russel said "I see a red bandana, I kill the man wearin it..." (a red bandana was how the cowboys identified themselves)

I wonder when it will come to the point where someone will say "I see gangster/thug attire..." If you dress up like "them" you are identifying with them and the morals that come along with such groups. When kids dress like that, it effects their psychology, like a costume. In a way, they become the guy they saw on the album cover or the music video or the movie. When someone wears gangbanger/thug outfits, its like they are saying "I dont give a F about anybody but me, and I would rape or kill your children for fun." Ive seen kids dress this way who are pretty innocent and just misguided, but give them a few years and they will be more fully immersed into the violent gang culture. Its not an instant transformation, but there are some immediate psycbological effects.

I think people should dress however they want, but they should be aware of guilt by association. And the main point I am trying to make is I was wondering how long before people associate the "costume" with imminent danger and begin taking preemptive action, like in the movie Tombstone with Kurt Russel...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join