It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fever, coughing, mouth blisters: Hundreds of Midwest kids hospitalized with mystery v

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Neopan100

Two of my kids had scarlet fever when they were younger and going to daycare. Scarlet fever is basically a strep throat infection that goes undetected / untreated and gets worse with a rash and fever.

Returning to the discussion about Enterovirus 68. I have been following the stories out of KY and OH. I researched it a bit and found too that it there was an isolated outbreak in CA about 2 years ago. Descriptions of this particular virus say that there is a polio-like neurological paralysis that can occur. I haven't seen reports of paralysis, only the trouble breathing. I am confused about this fact and hope it isn't one of the side effects! Here is one article I found:

Enterovirus 68

Edit to add-

I did find another site with informative questions and answers:

Poliolike Virus

edit on 6-9-2014 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by CINY8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PurpleDog UK
a reply to: MissBeck
...... A few sore throats caused by probably a vigorous strep C infection is thought to be Ebola .... In between an advert for McDonalds and the latest FOX news broadcast and an advert for the local clam shack and gun store.....

America (as a relatively rich country)....... Or maybe I mean by that the relative wealth of many American baby boomers whom have stripped the wealth out of the system in the past 35-50 years need to wake up and realise that the world does not owe them ANYtHiNg....... But needs some of the wealth they have taken ........

Ouch. Stereotype much, or just out trolling? We get it...you hate America. We were probably asking for it by dressing that way anyways.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: new_here
a reply to: olaru12

Coincides with the riots in Missouri. St. Louis not too far away, as the wind blows? The riot gas was tainted, or upset the balance of nature to allow the virus to propagate?

This concludes today's episode of Tin Foil Hat Speculation.

Ahhh. your good, really good. I need to practice to get even half that good.

Oh Ricky, you ole flatterer you!
I'm shocked I didn't get blasted for that post, frankly. Instead, I got a lot of atta girl (based on stars & your post.)

I just played a lil word association game in my head:

"You say Missouri = I say Riot"
"You say Weird Illness = I say Gubberment"
"You say Blisters = I say Mustard Gas"

So thanks for the validation, mister!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: VekTorVik

America and England aren't perfect, each have their ups and downs. But we're still oppressed under the same system, even if it looks separate.

The average American citizen may have smartphones and the internet, but most are living paycheck to paycheck. Joblessness and foreclosures everywhere.

I don't know how England's economy is doing but I can imagine lots over there struggle with their paychecks too.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfpint0701
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Im in Ohio, and there was an article the other day about an outbreak of hand/foot/mouth disease in the state. I'll see if I can find it again.

My son will be 2 next month. We live in Ohio and he just got over hand/foot/mouth. He got it shortly after attending a birthday party with a lot of other children.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: VekTorVik

America and England aren't perfect, each have their ups and downs. But we're still oppressed under the same system, even if it looks separate.

The average American citizen may have smartphones and the internet, but most are living paycheck to paycheck. Joblessness and foreclosures everywhere.

I don't know how England's economy is doing but I can imagine lots over there struggle with their paychecks too.

No offense, but could the 'love/hate of America/England/Western World' crowd get a room already, so we can follow the conversation about the virus outbreak? (I don't mean to quell your thoughts-- you could start a new thread or private message it or something?)

To Topic: I did not know of the rampant hand-foot-mouth disease lately, and Rubella popping up. (Also did not know that one was strep-related.) Whoever mentioned the border issue has a point. Those kids were shipped all over-- how many had immunizations in hand when they registered for school?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
My co-worker has grandchildren that live in Kansas City Mo. Earlier this year the grandkids ages 3 and 4 months at the time came down with a respiratory problem called RSV. The symptoms sound exactly like this syndrome. Is it the same thing?

BTW - they are STILL being treated and have been in and out of the hospital for months now.
edit on 6-9-2014 by CatLady3912 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I'm in Colorado and I seem to have this eterovirus-68 thing now......
my friend had to visit the emergency room last week most likely because of this virus and was told by the doctor that he had viral pneumonia
Symptoms started with slight dry/sore throat and when that went away it changed into a very aggressive nose thing trying to infiltrate my lungs now..
lots of black elderberry syrup seems to be helping.....
I noticed people started getting sick right after we had lots of these low flying planes around....hmmmm.

denver.cbslocal.com...

www.9news.com...

www.thedenverchannel.com...

Perhaps they are trying to weaken everyone's immune systems or maybe this is a practice run for something bigger they have planned for the future...

Also seems odd that flu season is becoming year round.....

www.nbcdfw.com...

www.ksby.com...

BTW this is my first post here.....I was one of the refugees auto banned by GLP.....I was upset at first because it was a decent ebola news source......but I see now that it's better here....

-Shalom
edit on 6-9-2014 by Eliyahu because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-9-2014 by Eliyahu because: bad speller..me

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
CNN is running this as the top story:

Respiratory virus suspected in Midwest children's hospitalizations

(CNN) -- A respiratory virus is sending hundreds of children to hospitals in Missouri and possibly throughout the Midwest, officials say.

The virus causes symptoms like a cold, except worse, and is prompting up to 30 children a day to seek care at one Kansas City hospital, where about 15% of the youngsters were placed in intensive care, officials said.

In a sign of a possible regional outbreak, Colorado, Illinois and Ohio are reporting cases with symptoms similar to the same virus and are awaiting testing results, according to officials and CNN affiliates in those states.

In Kansas City, about 450 children were recently treated at Children's Mercy Hospital, and at least 60 of them received intensive hospitalization, spokesman Jake Jacobson said.

CNN

Whatever it is it seems to be spreading rapidly. Scary stuff!!

I wonder if this outbreak has something to do with the recent executive order about quarantine?
edit on 6-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Eliyahu

Perhaps they are trying to weaken everyone's immune systems or maybe this is a practice run for something bigger they have planned for the future...

peoples immune systems have been slowly getting worse over the years,a combination of lack of exercise,poor eating habits and the big killer too many people in small areas...cities are a breeding ground for virus to breed and so are schools....

whatever this is it sounds nasty and i hope people get better soon

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ummmm....wow...this is really strange. Ok, so our two older kids started school back a couple weeks ago. Immediately they come home with something. Son has upper repiratory, daughter has dry cough that still hasn't gone away, wife has upper repiratory AND an ear infection....can't remember the last adult I knew that had one. So youngest starts school a week later....she now has a cough for the last 13 days that docs say nothing is wrong and has to be allergies. Trouble is, I have been coughing and sneezing like I have allergies lately, and have NEVER had any problems with allergies in my life.

So....something in the air...i think so. Man made? No I don't think so. I think something in nature is happening and it is something major. Viruses and diseases seem to be getting a free ride where the winds blow right now. Something is happening....and it is going to be bigger than we think.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hows the Fraking in Illinois?

State Issues Long-Awaited Fracking Rules

Posted 08.29.2014

Source

But both environmentalists and industry officials also were poring over the report Friday, and some indicated that the battle over the regulations may not be over. Mark Denzler, chief operating officer of the Illinois Manufacturers' Association, said hopeful drillers were not happy with the requirement for more detailed disclosure of specific chemicals, which he said could threaten "trade secret protections."

Hydraulic fracturing uses a mixture of water, chemicals and sand to crack open rock formations thousands of feet underground to release trapped oil and gas. Opponents fear it will pollute and deplete groundwater or cause health problems, while the industry insists the method is safe and will cause the same economic boom seen in other states such as North Dakota. They warned that Illinois risked losing out on a bonanza as the months went by while the DNR crafted the rules. Miller, the DNR director, said he was "optimistic" the state could now meet a Nov. 15 deadline for the rules to be in place. He noted that the agency has hired 24 of 53 employees it needs to issue permits, inspect wells and perform other tasks associated with the anticipated influx of drilling activity. The Associated Press reported last month the agency had hired only four workers at that time.

Any fraking in these areas?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Something is happening....and it is going to be bigger than we think.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Just wanted to add that I'm in Michigan right across the Indiana border (near Notre Dame) and had the same symptoms last week. Seems to have run it's course but I'll be bringing it up when I see my doctor in a few weeks.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I have had a non stop cough and developed asthma, and the doctor decided it was allergies. I have been on anti-histimines for three weeks. I have never had allergies in my life before now. He didn't do any blood tests or anything- maybe there is something new in the air??

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleDog UK

hmm well ebola starts out the same way... temperature, blisters in the mouth and then spreads throughout the body:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2
well the thing that is odd to me about this is the fact that the kids had to be placed in 'intensive care'.

typical foot and mouth could require hospital treatment but ICU?

I agree with the OP... something sounds very suspicious about this.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
FEMA Coffins Being Transported Though Out The USA

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

far out those pictures look nasty remind not to catch ebola...it does not look at all fun

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

yes nasty virus. I am a bit worried that the first strain is in America now... within a month... the virus mutates and re attacks the victim, the 2nd strain, there is no cure.

hope everyone is ok. Dreadful thing to read about.

xx

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join