It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting over Joshua Tree at Daytime Triangle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:32 AM
link   

We were in Yucca Valley, and had just seen two ravens fly into area over the ravine and climb opposite each other in a spiral for almost 1000 feet, then fly to the west.

Here, we're talking about what we saw, not having a clue as to what was going on in the background.

It wasn't until I played back the videos from the trip a few days later that I saw what was there...

...a faint formation of lights develop to the right side of his head, the same level as the baseball cap, and a little above right of the large cloud bank behind him.

A diagonal of three lights appear, eventually turning into a triangle formation of three lights.

I included slow motion, enhanced and close up in one clip this time not to overwhelm.

Clouds don't make equilateral triangles like that.
edit on 5-9-2014 by StarnatalSandia because: video format

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: StarnatalSandia

Dude...they're clouds. No more, no less.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
No, don't see anything there mate....

But wow, that video footage has an awesome conversation going on..........How interesting

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I agree just clouds. I live in Joshua tree and work in yucca valley, if it was real people would be talking about this.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Well! I'm no expert but I'll cut you some slack and say that I'm not sure if what I am looking at is clouds. The "lights" seem to fade in and out ever so slightly or sort of flicker. They also remain stationary and in formation throughout the whole video. The shape is also well proportioned, almost artificially so. Normally, (from what I've seen) when clouds form a shape or illusion it is brief and not so concise, and once the illusion is dispersed it is finished.
edit on 592014 by MoonMystic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'm thinking its artifacts from the camera; notice the two 'lines' throughout the video, the 'object' is part of those lines.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

That's a bit strange... took a little bit of effort to see it.

Good catch... of course it could be clouds... but it could be artificial, too.

Near Joshua Tree... a military exercise/black project isn't impossible.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
While I must admit, the formation is probably very close to an equilateral triangle, I feel that the top point, at the very least, is most definitely a cloud. It is slightly more in focus than the others at times and shows the irregular cloud tufting pretty well during those short durations.

Especially at the beginning (watched it a second time after knowing what to expect), it appears that the topmost point is just a piece that was created when the two clouds on either side separated. All three are faintly visible at the beginning if viewed in full screen, so I don't think anything really appears out of nowhere, just that the camera has varying amplitudes due to changes in the noise floor processing.

The other two dots are meaningless without the top one, so I would say that they are just small clouds farther away. Being out of focus makes them rounder. It is a great find, but I think in this case it is just clouds. I am not a disbeliever btw, just being objective here.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   
IMO it's a staged scene and the dot's are added, the camera trying to show something in the background while there is nothing to show, deliberately keeping the guy of center.
The dots very faint movements trying to counter for the camera movement, though the clouds are completely staying still.
The dot's are not something in the sky, nor UFO or clouds...
edit on 5-9-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Looks too "set up". Usually when you are filming a person, you don't shoot him on the far left of the screen like that. Trying too hard to leave room so that they could add the "triangle" later using After Effects or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Stupid CGI...screw the cloud idea...this was a staged HOAX! See how the camera man is always making the camera off the side and who talks about ducks in a desert???? Really?

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Yes. Sadly, that does seem more likely than "clouds."

I wonder if the OP will have anything to say about that.

ETA: I find it amusing that the OP would create this hoax, (if that is what it is) but neglect to see that it all looks a bit convenient due to the angle of filming and placement of the dots. It's almost like they wanted it to be noticeably fake.
edit on 592014 by MoonMystic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yeah, a hoax didn't even occur as it was too weak... too subtle... (and too early in the wee hours for this observer) but the clouds have some of that cgi 'shakiness,' never mind anything else.

Hoaxing... done by insecure people attempting to appear smarter than the "gullible masses" or hard-core believers trying to enlarge their camp... or shadowy organizations attempting to discredit the whole UFO endeavor.

Too bad ...as there certainly are odd things spotted in the skies and this world has far too many lies as it is.

Apologies if wrong... double expletives if not.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Isn't it curious how these "triangles" are miles away, yet they happen to be filming at the perfect angle to catch it as a perfect triangle? Hmmm...

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: gavron
Looks too "set up". Usually when you are filming a person, you don't shoot him on the far left of the screen like that. Trying too hard to leave room so that they could add the "triangle" later using After Effects or something.

I agree. Looks totes FAKE! The fact that the OP added in all the "extras" at the end of the video to make sure we were able to see their handiwork is what makes me think hoax...And the redic convo about geese or what ever birds the dude is just randomly discussing. Who the heck would take video of that, unless of course to make it into a hoax UFO after the fact?

Oh, that and they never returned to discuss their post, lol. Sorry OP, you've got to do better than that to get by the folks here at ATS. Maybe post it on that GLP forum, or whatever it's called, and you will have more luck selling this as a legit sighting.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Without proof, calling hoax on this is weird. And I'd like to hear from the author. Saw the lights for the triangle, don't know if its ET or a TR3B. If its real that is, and I for one always give people the benefit of belief because its their karma for being dark hats and pulling down the awareness of the world if they're just messing with us. So, since that would be major harm and crimes against humanity and all souls, certainly don't view that as normal behavior.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'll go with the others saying faked. The compression artifacts on the 3 dots don't line up with that of the other footage, and the synch to any camera movement is occasionally off by a few frames. The slow motion part even made that more obvious.

I guess it's fun to mess with video editing/compositing software, but whoever did it still needs to try a bit harder. Making it really subtle rather than stupidly flashy was good though.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Dude...they're clouds. No more, no less.

Dude...

Glad to have videotaped the only "sacred geometry producing clouds" I've ever seen.

I'm honored.

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: desertguy
a reply to: daaskapital

I agree just clouds. I live in Joshua tree and work in yucca valley, if it was real people would be talking about this.

If they were real clouds, people would be talking about them...

Okay.

<<   2 >>

join