It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative Christians plan protest, boycott of Dallas Cowboys over Michael Sam signing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I hope it backfires.

Might help if the media ignored him.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Not all "right-wing" Christians give 2 squirts whether the Cowboys have a gay player or not. Hell, I doubt most of them care.

Then those "right wing" Christians need to speak up.

Silence can be very loud.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Dear Conservative Christianity,

Get over it.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
What about sports teaching kids to idolize players? Isn't that against Christian values? Or what about ripping people off blind? I think the price of football is immoral.

link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

You are uncomfortable about educating your child? You shouldn't have had one.

link   

originally posted by: Annee

Not all "right-wing" Christians give 2 squirts whether the Cowboys have a gay player or not. Hell, I doubt most of them care.

Then those "right wing" Christians need to speak up.

Silence can be very loud.

Yes, especially when it behoves the media to ensure the silence is held. Just ask anyone who may be a moderate anything (muslim, conservative, liberal, etc). This is a media creation, not some grand right wing conspiracy against Sam.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

As a dad, when I watch football or any other major sport on TV, I want to be able to safely watch with my 6 year old and my 8 year old. I don't need or want one of them even thinking about sex, be it gay, straight, or other. They are children.

The fear is YOURS.

The kids don't care.

When my granddaughter was 9 she asked me: "is gay when a boy likes a boy". I said: "Yes". She responded: "Oh, OK". Then turned around and ran outside to play. It was no big deal to her.

I'm really sick of adults using children as an excuse.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I hope it backfires.

Might help if the media ignored him.

The media isn't going to ignore controversy or sensationalism in any form. The media isn't about information; it's about selling advertising and gaining market share over the competition. It's capitalism and profit motivated and it's not going to change. The Media continually tests the market and the market wants to be entertained not informed.

it's H L Mencken time....

Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public.

For those blaming the Media.....change it! You can start here.

www.celtx.com...

or keep playing the victim and whining. Be the change you seek!

edit on 4-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

You are uncomfortable about educating your child? You shouldn't have had one.

I didn't have one, I have two!

I am not uncomfortable educating them whatsoever... I have a solid perspective on what a 6 year old and an 8 year old should be educated on, and it does not involve matters of sexual attraction or choices related to sexual activity (aside from the lessons of their bodies being THEIR bodies, get help if someone tries to touch you or makes you uncomfortable, etc.) As I said earlier, let kids be kids for a change. They grow up too quickly already and I see no reason or rationale outside of adults' petty and selfish horsecrap hangups to draw them into this debacle at their young ages.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Yes, but look at the world around you. As much as we'd like to keep our kids away from it, they are surrounded by different things than we were as children. The best we can do is to pretend their question didn't trip us up, so as not to let on that it's a bg deal for some people.

That way, it isn't a big deal for them and they move on to the next question - can I go out and play, or something

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
If there's no known cure, why do they torture people in those straight camps?!

I think these are the same preists that like boys themselves. They must be jelly.

originally posted by:
Feltrick
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Haven't you heard? The "Gay" is a learned behavior and an apparent abomination. I believe it might also be contagious and there is no known vaccine. I also believe the Devil might be involved in some way.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

That sucks. The opinions of others (as long as within the bounds of legallity and decency) really shouldn't make any adult sick.

Anyway, you're talking about a 9 year old. Lots of maturing occurs between 6 and 9. My 8 year old just turned 8. Regardless, whatever works for you is great for you and yours, allow me the same respect.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I am certain you are putting forth great effort in raising your children. Your attitude about sex will affect their attitude about sex. Don't forget your children will interact with other children. You will want your kids to fully understand something, not have another 6 yr olds or 8 yr olds explanation.

My child came home yesterday and asked what a butt plug was because another child made a snide remark to the teacher. I would just like to say how fun that conversation was. If you start a topic, you will do much better controlling where it goes.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Feltrick
Nope, my understanding is he is good..the gay thing is or has been the problem.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

Yes, but look at the world around you. As much as we'd like to keep our kids away from it, they are surrounded by different things than we were as children.

Not entirely the case in my situation. My kids are charter schooled, very similar to the way in which I was. They aren't "networked" they aren't "plugged in" and most of their free time is taken up with outdoor activities like fishing, gardening, snowshoeing, helping process game, etc. My wife and I intentionally removed them from the public school primarily because we saw it was too different and too broken compared to what it was when we were kids.

For the record, my kids don't watch much TV and they don't watch much sports, for exactly the reasons I laid out earlier as grievances. If the worst thing that can be said about me as a parent is that I sheltered my kids from the depravity of the world, then I'll go to my graves feeling pretty damn good about myself.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

That sucks. The opinions of others (as long as within the bounds of legallity and decency) really shouldn't make any adult sick.

Anyway, you're talking about a 9 year old. Lots of maturing occurs between 6 and 9. My 8 year old just turned 8. Regardless, whatever works for you is great for you and yours, allow me the same respect.

I'm raising a 6 year old boy with autistic behaviors right now.

I'm on like my 3rd generation of raising kids. Raised mine as a single mom (their dad was jealous of his kids). Helped raise my 21 year old grandson (his dad chose drugs over his kid). Now raising 6 year old grandson (his dad died of leukemia, before kid was a month old).

I don't hide life from them --- I educate them.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Ooooh ouch. That is awesome and everything, but like I've said - they are going to go out into the world. They have to have the same tools as everyone else does.

I imagine they will be very well-rounded and good people, having been raised as well as you are doing, I'm just saying for goodess sake, don't hide stuff from them or they will be socially awkward one day.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Wasn't that the reason behind the Olympics? To leave this crap at the gate? Now the only connection between the NFL™ and Religion™ is that neither one pays their taxes. Tell You what, pay Your taxes and nobody will question Your latency... If they do have a demonstration what are the odds that more than 4 pickups will have a set of balls hanging from the back....

If You're that 'shallow' where You can't communicate w/out mentioning sex, politics or religion™ why not just get a Walkman™ ?

namaste

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I had the house all the teens hung out at.

The sheltered ones? The worst. They wanted to do and try everything their parents wouldn't let them do.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
who cares?

he will do good or get smited.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join