It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.3: Police Brutality of Another Kind, Phil Robertson, and more...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Druid42

Good advice Druid.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I think NLBS is a good trend. I also think, NLBS should stylize their news (theme) like for example:

edit on 4-9-2014 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I dont see why anyone gives a
s
h
i
t
about the little stuff. So Silly.

Good content, thats what i like to read or hear about. Not your hair nor your dialect or words you express with. meah /

I know you and Bill have worked hard and dedicated your own time, and I appreciate it.

Rock on.

edit on 4-9-2014 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Well done! I really enjoyed this one. You did a good job of presenting the section on confiscation. Within the last month I watched an episode of a series that a channel I'll not name that focused on a city that pretty well any American recognizes by name instantly. The LEOs were so gung ho about amount of booty they were raking in that I got kinda nauseous... When one of the officers came back to the main patrol car (the one with the kids they'd busted in it) gloating about getting the ID on the vehicle (one of the kids mom), he actually said (I'm paraphrasing from memory), "Sweet SUV!!! This will make a great ride for stakeouts!" I had to change the channel after that...

'Bout the only problem I had was the way your relaxed delivery lulled me into a false sense of security and then you dropped the bucket list segment on me. I just put the finishing touches on the made from scratch pulled pork bbq I smoked over the weekend. Almost inhaled a mouthful of bbq when you said it was Malaysian Airlines and it's just me and our Basset Hound, Buddy, tonight. I'm pretty sure he doesn't know the Heimlich.

Looking forward to what comes next

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Just in case you get moded, cause I so totally agree!

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I dont see why anyone gives a
s
h
i
t
about the little stuff. So Silly.

Good content, thats what i like to read or hear about. Not your hair nor your dialect or words you express with. meah /

I know you and Bill have worked hard and dedicated your own time, and I appreciate it.

Rock on.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Your delivery has improved exponentially. I love the choice of the main topic.

I understand that the Malaysia Airlines gag was for levity, but I don't think you bogged us down so much that we needed it. The F bomb seemed out of place there too. The end gag was perfectly placed, though.

Please continue to slam religion and the religious. However, when you stretch the comparison of extreme Christianity to radical Islam, you should send a wink in some form to let us know you know it's humor.

Regarding the profanity, I used it a lot when I was five. I remember being asked by a new friend, "do you always cuss this much?" I found more creative ways to tickle taboos as I grew, but I understand how straight forward profanity can entertain the youth.

I'm not a fan of Jon Stewart anymore. The whole circus seems like a way to laugh off what's happening rather than to be active against it. However, Jon is really good at knowing when to cuss. If you're going to cuss, he'd be a good model. However, the rest of his taboo stuff was far from subtle the last time I watched
edit on 4-9-2014 by gentledissident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
again i liked it ..the delivery certainly was better this time....

comparing isis to Christians made me laugh...i can see that might raise a few people hackles but hey you can't please everyone and criticism comes with the territory when doing something as controversial as this...keep up the good work i look forward to more

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I think a big part of the problem is that the true significance of these issues is extremely difficult to concisely convey in a two-or-three-minute video segment. That's why when Ron Paul started talking about the Fed people's eyes would glaze over in bewilderment, then they'd cut him off, with no one ever having had a chance to digest a single word (which was how they wanted it). I think it's why Chomsky stopped doing TV interviews. It takes time to explain some of these things to the "uninitiated"; to dig through the history and the facts, then connect the dots.

But I know it's not the point (in fact it's contrary to it) to explain everything to people, but rather to create the spark that leads them to go find out for themselves. The problem is: there aren't a whole lot of people willing to do that anymore. They're used to having everything figured out for them--a worldview being force-fed to them whilst remaining completely ignorant to the fact that it's happening.

Anyway. Simply put, A) I'm not sure the format is suited for the content; and, B) the presentation is still... off. But I've said my piece about presentation in previous threads.

I dunno. I liked the idea, though. Nothing wrong with experimenting, to be sure. I hope the guys keep trying out new things... judiciously... regardless of whether this works out or not.

The sixth cent.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

How many times and over how any years do we have to explain the difference between a video or audio product and something that lives on the site, forever in text? We've ALWAYS been much less strict about videos and podcasts, they don't exist in the same realm (db) as the posts do.

sigh...

Is it not enough for two of the owners to explain this time and time again?!

Enough.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Nth has a point. One thing we've learned at ATS is there are hidden connections. That takes time to elaborate. Maybe I'm the only one but, if you're telling us about something older I really would love to know the outcome.

I recall you wanted to do little to no editing. Would combining 3 longer topics be more than you wanted to do? That would also allow you to get very informed on the topic. When you own material and you know it, you won't be nervous.

I actually was sorry for the episode to end. Idk how you pick your topics, I'm guessing some will have way more information and background than others.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Ia reply to: onequestion

Why does ATS need to attract younger people?

Seems like you are already here...

...kissing the owner's backside (heh...censorship) as if you are applying to be one of their personal attack dogs.

Keep attacking people who dare to have an opinion...

...and you will be a full fledged Nazi Colonel in no time.

Children.
edit on 5-9-2014 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Gee, I don't know, Bob.

Seeing as how this post and the other "owners" post that I replied to are the only ones I have ever seen, I cannot answer that question.

You did not need to explain it again for me. I got it the first time.

Then I used a word that should explain my point precisely: inconsistent.

Then life went on. As I am sure it will again. No need to explain your policy to me again. As I said: I got it, it's your website and you can run it how you see fit. It's how things work, no?

On the other hand, I am pretty sure that at some point in the future someone will find your policy "inconsistent" and will bring it up (not having seen any of y'alls previous posts) in which case you will probably sigh again.

Personally, I don't care if y'all swear or not.

I use it like salt and pepper in my conversations. Sprinkled on lightly to add a bit of flavor when needed.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   

I think the show's improved a ton over the beta period. You seem much more comfortable and the selective use of curse words add to the story now. The content is exactly what the name implies, NLBS. This episode in particular left me speechless. The script seems well written and tells a story that's interesting and engaging. 8 minutes seemed a bit long to me. My recommendation would be to try and stay around 5 minutes and maybe add a 20-30 minute show that airs on Saturdays. Great work! Definitely looking forward to more NLBS!!

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: applesthateatpeople

It was rather "apple for teacher". Seemed some folk got pretty annoyed at a reasonable question reasonably asked.

Also seems to be a supposition that we all read everything in "Board Business" etc. Well it's pretty obvious that considering they are accepting new members that the question will be asked again in future so everyone better get their big boy pants on and be prepared to repeat themselves, such are the challenges of running a popular website.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I like it. I like the topics covered so far though I probably won't always. Dude's nice looking (don't ever cut your hair) and comes off real. My only critique is that he needs to loosen up a bit and that will probably come with time. Also keep the language, it's appropriate.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Keep up the ace work.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

NLBS is being used to advertise ATS, I'm guessing to appeal to younger people.

Imagine their surprise when they sign up and realize they, in fact, can't use THAT language on the boards.

Years of experience is here to tell you...

Younger people do NOT like being tricked. And, yes, many of them will look at it that way. I'm sure a website would never try to "trick" younger people into signing up, but sometimes the younger people have trust issues.

Just some food for thought... if NLBS attracts more youngsters, the T&C may have them running for the exits.
Nevertheless, best wishes.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Okay okay okay. Wait.

I had to stop the vid at 3:39. I don't quite know how to put this other than to say: that's so damned good that you have sort of rocketed past the bull# word.

It was one thing when you were raising your fist and shouting expletives; that was congruent with the word bull#.

But now that you're all serious and cogent and eloquent and revealing horrid # clearly and concisely? Well, now the word bull# just seems sort of inadequate and tawdry.

Oops, dude, I think you are actually reporting important news.

I dunno, better find some balance or you are going to have to put on a suit and rename the show.

edit on 5-9-2014 by Bybyots because: the preceding has been sarcasm.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You might hate me for asking this.

Isn't the swearing thing basically because adsense requires 'family friendly' language? I think that's an explanation that most people would understand a little better.

I think most people think the decisions about offensive content seem arbitrary but if they knew the site would suffer might be a little more understanding.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1
Companies firewall certain words.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join