It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado's missing marijuana taxes...Not Really..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I dunno what they mean, they're just gonna have to chime in and elaborate. You can go to marijuana college in Oakland so that maybe be about 150 hours? I dunno.

Throw seeds around? Bad idea. Number one, them seeds are expensive!! Well, unless you grow them yourself. Number two, planting pot everywhere would only hurt the legalization movement because the kids, always the damn kids.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

In these legal states the citizens should take seeds and throw them everywhere. Lawns, vacant lots, everywhere.

Problem with that is that the males would pollinate the females and ruin the crop. Then you got hemp. Plus all the local growers would find you and hang you with the hemp rope.

No males allowed!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I had no idea they came from the same seed. I thought these were two different strains!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Guys, settle down with the numbers analysis...I was quite clear in stating that I just made those numbers up to illustrate the point of how most purchase decisions are made.

Most of the time the decision is made subconsciously, with a weigh in between immediate purchase cost vs self production costs.

Personally, I prefer to have my own quality control on a specific product. That will factor heavily into my decision, but is technically unquantifiable from a numbers perspective.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

There are feminized seeds, but they cost big money.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Because I can get crap on the streets for $20 an 8th, but if I want to go to the store, I'm paying $60 a gram. # that noise. When they start selling a weed priced like a weed, I'll buy from legal growers. They should let RJ Renolds start growing this crap. It'd be $2.50 a joint.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Anybody can grow the plant. It will grow in a sidewalk crack.

To produce high quality, high potency medical MJ. Takes Talent.

It is very expensive for the chemicals and lighting.

Medical Quality can only be achieved indoor.

When they put it under the electro microscope. The smallest bug looks huge.

Collectives are very picky and expensive. Don't expect there to be a huge supply.

There are not that many people growing anything close to "Medicinal Quality.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Clones and networks would spring up like....weeds.

They already exist actually. It's a huge community with it's own language,
music, festivals, competitions, fashion, a subculture going mainstream day by day.
Not just hippies but some very savy scientific bioculture geeks, marketing gurus,
and media spokepersons, MDs Phds, etc.

Colorado will be the Amsterdam in the Rockies.

edit on 2-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish

I had no idea they came from the same seed. I thought these were two different strains!

Unless that has changed due to GMO or some such (lol), plant sex is only determined when they "show". This is accomplished by shortening their daily exposure to light, fooling them into thinking the seasons are changing which causes them to blossom. Then you can weed out the males. I'm old school though… this may have changed.

link   
I pay about 7 bucks tax for a 35 dollar purchase. Lines are out the door EVERYDAY. The money IS being taken. Now, the question is, where is it? Just two months ago the state came out and said how much of a killing they had made in the first 6 months of the year. What has changed?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thanks for the update. Are those Monsanto, lol?

Love your Avatar, by the way.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Anybody can grow the plant. It will grow in a sidewalk crack.

To produce high quality, high potency medical MJ. Takes Talent.

It is very expensive for the chemicals and lighting.

Medical Quality can only be achieved indoor.

When they put it under the electro microscope. The smallest bug looks huge.

Collectives are very picky and expensive. Don't expect there to be a huge supply.

There are not that many people growing anything close to "Medicinal Quality.

I've been growing medical MJ for the better part of a decade now. I use no chemicals, my highest expense is lighting and even then it's not that much if your initial investment is in high quality products.

I grow the highest grade MJ possible, I do my own graphing for patients with special requirements and I've NEVER had to sell for more than 150$ an OZ.

Like any other industry, most will do it for profit.

~Tenth

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

The money IS being taken. Now, the question is, where is it?

The taxes black hole at the center of town. Is Colorado operating at a deficit or no?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Not at all. Economy is stronger than most big cities that is for sure. I used to work for the City and County of Denver, I know this to be fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I would say that the 27% tax rate is likely the root of the problem more than anything else. The higher the tax rate goes, the more likely it is to push the cost up to the point where the black market remains a more effective alternative for buyers and sellers than the legal market.

Look at the cigarette tax rates as a comparison. New York state has a $4.35/pack tax on cigarettes, and they are now busting major black market cigarette rings.

If they don't make it more cost effective to buy legally, then they aren't going to make a dent in the marijuana black market in Colorado. Instead, they are just going to make themselves a handy market for all the cartel customers.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

God no. As far as I know there are 2 ways to create feminized seeds and neither have anything to do with Monsanto.
edit on 2-9-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

My point is it takes talent.

How many rookies could match you ?

I have seen many try...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Black market vs Legal market, like no one saw that coming. I thought everyone in America loved capitalism, isn't that what makes us so great? Looks like what we have here is pure capitalism in action.

Look for legal market price drops in the future if this keeps up. Or a new version of the Untouchables released on Colorado.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Colorado is a cold climate, so folks growing their own is akin to say what Amsterdam had back in the day before the gangsters took over and messed it all up.

Most people don't want the government in their business, period. Look at the people who legitimately followed the due process, some were still "made examples of" by the feds.

Colorado needs to grow a pair and drive the prices DOWN. That would eliminate this "black market competition".

I'll say this...they are being greedy. 60% are already buying from them, they had the cannibus cup there under the scrutiny of the FEDS arresting people, and the border states are targeting anything coming and going from there. They need to make themselves attractive to more than rich people.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

It's black market because Prop 64 states that only licensed establishments can sell the plant. Any transactions between private citizens are prohibited and you can only "give" material to other people over 21, not sell it.

<< 1    3 >>

join