It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson cops instruct police dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
"Trying to incite a civil war" . It seems many of you need reminding that the president has already declared America a 'Battleground'. You are already at war. Why do you seem so surprised that the police are treating civilians as an enemy ? you ARE the enemy, You have already been told this to your faces.
This is not going to go away. The treatment of civilians by LEO's will worsen to the point that you will feel suffocated by their actions.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I wonder if police dogs can actually pee on command

I would think so. I've known dogs that do.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
And for those that keep talking about the memorial in the street, do us a favor and actually read the article.

By then, police had prohibited all vehicles from entering Canfield Drive except for their own. Soon the candles and flowers had been smashed, after police drove over them.

I was addressing the fact that the PD could have used some tact here and requested because of safety issues, that the memorial be moved out of the street and onto the sidewalk. I think the people would have complied.

But, I guess tact and diplomacy doesn't exist in Ferguson.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1
a reply to: jhn7537

Point taken and you're right. However, how about using a tad bit, just a little bit of diplomacy here. Such as, "folks you're gonna have to move that memorial to the side of the road for safety purposes"?

That would have been great don't cha' think?

I'm sure diplomacy went out the window weeks ago... These cops have been dealing with loads of hate from these people (and most of the nation) since the incident, and most all these cops were not the trigger man (we know of only 1 and he isn't present at the scene), they are just dealing with the fallout. I'm sure it's a difficult situation all around... You have people swearing at you, calling for your head & job, throwing stuff at you, the cops also likely don't have all the facts either, its gotta be a difficult situation to be in...

There is an obvious divide between the citizens there and these cops, so eye witness reports that come from this area from either side are highly questionable, IMO... I have a hard time believing both sides whenever a new piece of info comes to the national spotlight..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This reminds me of a grocery store tabloid piece, meant to incite and create attention, nothing more, after the deceased is dead and buried. Yet it is based on rumour only.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Wow...you said it all

This is unacceptable behavior to say the least. One poster even minimized the alleged incident by saying something like "the memorial should not have been in the road".

Boy oh boy...I hope for the sake of the universe, we can all see the injustices committed by the very people we pay to protect us. This certainly isn't a Black or White issue, it's an American issue...period!

It needs to
now.

Somehow we forget that these officers are supposed to be trained in things like this. They deal with families who have lost children, and other loved ones. They are taught (supposedly) how to be empathetic, respectful, thoughtful, etc. in times of other people's distress.... So there is no way in hell that this should have happened if it did.

They are trained in ways that they would have thought about what that looked like beforehand... again... If it happened, I'm not buying "accidental" at all.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I have one that will, so I can confirm that it is possible. And no... I'm not talking about Mr. Ruex.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

My two dogs do. I've trained them on timed feeding/relieving schedules. They know when they're going to eat and when they're going to go "use it".

That's just my experience however.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   

But it was this lack of diplomacy that may have caused it to go out the window, this happened the night of the shooting.
The wound was still fresh and they couldn't deal with this gathering with out running over what they set up?
edit on thThu, 28 Aug 2014 00:11:15 -0500America/Chicago820141580 by Sremmos80 because: added may have, got ahead of my self

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Once again, point taken. However, a non-lethal action or verbal disrespect does not relieve any LEO of their professional duty IMO. Diplomacy should be asserted always if you're not faced with a life or death situation.

If this event is true, it would sound IMO like they were just being assholes.
edit on 8/28/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
And since we are in agreement that dogs can be trained to pee, does that not add to the idea that if this happened, it is possible the cop did in fact instruct the dog to pee?
Would we also agree that while on the job these dogs are trained to not use the bathroom unless instructed too?
edit on thThu, 28 Aug 2014 00:07:30 -0500America/Chicago820143080 by Sremmos80 because: well police dogs are cops

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

cops can be trained to pee,

Oh come on man don't change it, that was hysterical.

Would we also agree that while on the job these dogs are trained to not use the bathroom unless instructed too?

They're probably like people and just go when things aren't happening. I doubt they're actually trained to hold it, they probably just know not to start spraying urine all over if they're chasing someone or whatever.
edit on 2820140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2820140820141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Fixed, thanks for pointing that out.
And police dogs are cops, so i guess it still worked?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Once again, point taken. However, a non-lethal action or verbal disrespect relieves any LEO of their professional duty IMO. Diplomacy should be asserted always if you're not faced with a life or death situation.

If this event is true, it would sound IMO like they were just being assholes.

I agree that these cops should know better, but I have a hard time blaming them for a memorial set up in the middle of the road (if true)...

I've never been a police officer, so I really can't speak on protocol, but if these cops showed up to patrol the area and are being attacked verbally, I wonder if diplomacy gets thrown out the window? The way I've ever received respect from cops was from giving them respect first, but every time I gave them attitude, I got it right back... I'm sure this is what's happening in Ferguson right now (or back on August 8th)... We have disrespect meeting disrespect, which leads to nothing productive happening.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Yeah, I guess they technically are.

Man that cracked me up. What with all the people mad at the police and calling them stupid I couldn't tell if typo or joke.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

No one made that claim except for the OP of this thread. You people should be ashamed of yourselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

I think you're spot on

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Point taken and you're right. However, how about using a tad bit, just a little bit of diplomacy here. Such as, "folks you're gonna have to move that memorial to the side of the road for safety purposes"?

It probably would of gone over about as well as asking a couple of people to use the sidewalk and to refrain from walking down the middle of the street...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If this is even true, The most likely explanation is that the Officer was just standing there with the dog and the Dog suddenly decided to do what dogs do. The Officer probably stopped him immediately after he realized what was happening but by then it was done.

It is inflammatory and inciting BS to claim the Handler "allowed the dog to do so" or worse "Ordered the dog to do so".

So how about you pull some factchecking, or at least apply common sense (which is severely lacking on this site) before adding to and fanning the flames.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton

It probably would of gone over about as well as asking a couple of people to use the sidewalk and to refrain from walking down the middle of the street...

I'm not sure, but I can only assume when you say "refrain from walking the middle of the street", you're referring to Michael Brown and his friend walking in the middle of the street?

If this is the case, then I'm not going to go there because it will only derail the thread.

But, I will say this....oh for craps sake, forget it. I'll use some manners and decorum this time

<< 1    3 >>

join