It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminist Activists Defecated and Menstruated on the Islamic State Flag

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

While I admire your enthusiasm

Leadership is not telling people to do things...

Leadership is doing them. Are you going to take a holiday in Syria?

Having been in the Middle East. This notion that weapons aren't needed will get you killed

Leadership is more then telling people what to do

I agree that the world has let things like tvis devolve for far too long......

But if you want people to act with you. You must be willing to act yourself. And do it smartly.

Taking just money and food to a place rife w killing and psychosis will do nothing but get you robbed and supply the opposition

Also "intentions" aren't good enough and throwing money at a problem never works

The situation over there isn't about money. It's about power and control

edit on 8/27/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I am not moved by this particular act of protest at all. It is gross, and I am sorry if I offend anyone in saying that. I am sickened by all of these things going on there as much as the next decent person, but I fail to see how this is helping at all and can be taken seriously.

To prove my point, I just read through all of the comments and like 70% of them were dirty jokes.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
A little more to the OP. I would like to know what our Muslim members here on ATS think of this demonstration

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
A little more to the OP. I would like to know what our Muslim members here on ATS think of this demonstration

So would I, if there are any on ATS.

TBH, I think this photo must be causing quite a stir on Social Media Sites at this present time.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

TBH, I think this photo must be causing quite a stir on Social Media Sites at this present time.

There are some here but I will not name names as they may not want to post an opinion in this. I would say that odds are good that they will turn up at some point today. I know of at least one that I have come to highly respect here as she weighs in on most of these issues with an extremely level head.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Well it's a very shocking photo. And it's pretty over the top. Tho I can understand their sentiment

We do have quite a lot of Muslim contributors here on ATS so their input would be great.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

What this member thinks:

It was courageous

it was not trashy because it was a very symbolic picture, and obviously a great deal of thought went into it.

#1. A naked Muslim woman - offensive as to be worthy of summary execution under Shariah law, symbolically baring all for the sake of trying to awaken the world and awaken ISIS to the evil they have committed

#2. Menstruation - seen as unclean and defiling what it touches under Shariah, so they defiled the flag in one of the worst ways possible under Shariah - symbolically showing the split blood of innocents

#3. Bowel movement - literally #ting on the flag of ISIS, an insult everyone can understand, - symbolically saying that the actions of ISIS are #ting on the honor of Allah, Muhammad and Islam in general

#4. The finger - a symbol of unpleasant intercourse, - symbolically showing the rape of innocents done by ISIS

#5. The veiled woman - the purer of the two women as she had a veil on - symbolic of the feeling of the pure women that ISIS is raping and #ting on the true faith

(I am adding this after a later poster pointed out something I missed)

#6. The assault weapons can be symbolic of several things:
taking the fight for the honor of Islam in the only way Islamic women can since they can not take up arms
or saying ISIS should lay down their weapons for the honor of Allah

edit on 9Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:10:37 -0500am82708amk273 by grandmakdw because: highlight salient points

edit on 10Wed, 27 Aug 2014 10:32:37 -0500am82708amk273 by grandmakdw because: I added the last line after realizing I missed the assault weapons earlier

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ummmmm......couldn't they just burn the flag or something?

This act itself detracts from their overall grievance.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Thankyou.

Thats explains a lot to me.

Those women are very courageous.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

I think their only misdeed was the failure to add pig's blood into the mix.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

The act itself is so symbolic of the grievance that the world is talking about it

Has any other act of courage gone so viral

Yes some immature people who think with their genitals
and prudes who find any of these acts disgusting when done outside this context
will just moan, groan and generally bitch about it
and forward it virally..........

so the message gets out to those whose main occupation is not
policing morality
and playing with themselves
by these very morons who can't see an extremely well thought out and very dangerous symbolic act

edit on 9Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:21:48 -0500am82708amk273 by grandmakdw because: highlight salient points

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Well, they have the right to protest in any way they see fit, but their goal should be to spark a discussion about the Islamic State. Instead we are talking about them and their actions.

Self-defeating, is it not?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

Well, they have the right to protest in any way they see fit, but their goal should be to spark a discussion about the Islamic State. Instead we are talking about them and their actions.

Self-defeating, is it not?

Absolutely not,
it has the entire world shocked and talking about it, and by extension talking about how ISIS sheds the blood of innocents, defiles Islam, rapes the true faith. It is brilliant and extremely courageous.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoonMystic
I am not moved by this particular act of protest at all. It is gross, and I am sorry if I offend anyone in saying that. I am sickened by all of these things going on there as much as the next decent person, but I fail to see how this is helping at all and can be taken seriously.

To prove my point, I just read through all of the comments and like 70% of them were dirty jokes.

Please go to and read these posts I made to see why it is something quite serious

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't think I need to reiterate here, as these posts explain that this was done with a great deal of thought, care and courage.

edit on 9Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:30:23 -0500am82708amk273 by grandmakdw because: highlight salient points

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Other than a few obscure websites and ATS, I haven't seen this story posted. Haven't even seen anything on facebook. So I will politely disagree with you that the world is talking about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Thank you for that contribution. That certainly makes me see it differently, even if I still feel a bit icky about it. It is true that any symbolic references can fall away when confronted first by the element of shock. I suppose I also just wondered, while reading through some of the comments, if their plea had been lost in all of it. But like you said, whether through outrage or commendation, the message spreads.

link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I have seen it on a number of websites.

The discussion here is part of the message becoming viral.

Viral starts slow and builds, we are at the beginning

link   

You've already had one reply on this thread multiple times.

His posts are super obvious.

I wake up to a beautiful day off work to find this WONDERFUL thread! Thanks to everyone for literally and I mean literally making me spew coffee on my iPad.

It was totally worth it and I am forever greatful!

PS: Die you ISIS pigs!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

You have explained the photo better than I could have done.

Thanks.

Now we see how this photo will upset those of these Extremists to the fullest.

I'm expecting to see another 'Fatwah' released video on YT.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Its kind of funny if i ignore the grossness but i dont think it will really acomplish much.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join