It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyer: Store didn't call cops on Michael Brown

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

EXACTLY!!!

They watched it happen. WTH!? They did the same thing the first night...

That's what had so many protesters pissed on subsequent nights. LEOs did nothing to curb looting and property damage on day one but did assault peaceful protesters and working journalists working on later nights.

Now they have stood by and watched - twice - as looters have ransacked businesses. Possibly two different LEO agencies have down the SAME inept thing?

What the hell is going on in this country?

edit on 8/16/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
They get a warrant...probable cause...someone reported a robbery didn't they?a reply to: RedmoonMWC

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

A bad trip? Unless the marijuana is laced with PCP there is no trip. They can test his blood all they want and if he does pop positive for marijuana it should only help his case since pot heads aren't known for violence. But either way, pot stays in your system for a long time, especially compared to other more harder drugs, like coc aine, so it really isn't at all relevant to the case.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
That physical action you call extortion is called assault where I come from. Still had he known his actions would carry the death penalty he might have thought longer about it.
No not a nice guy. Live by the sword and all that.

a reply to: rickymouse

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I don't trust Jay Nixon the Governor. Someone somewhere will politicize this to their advantage, and be damned about the community.

I suspect that outsiders are coming in and instigating much of the violence, the residents that witnessed last Sundays violence were the first to suggest outsiders.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: michaelbrux

I agree. The looting is not a proper response to this situation. Violence of any kind is not a proper response. Now assembling into a peaceful protest is proper, but the protest must not get out of hand. They often do.

I believe that the cop may have felt he had to shoot this kid, but what transacted there is not perfectly clear from what I read. If the guy was getting in trouble or mouthing off to the cop and reached into the car, it is possible that the cop felt threatened and shot him. Whether that was appropriate is in the hands of the jury. It should go to trial with a proper jury.

I can't judge this without any facts, but I do know that occasionally a cop will shoot when he or she doesn't really need to. I had friends and relatives that were cops, I would tend to side with the police, hoping they would watch after the bad ones amongst them and try to train them appropriately when they come into the community. Sure, there are some gun ho cops, pansies shouldn't apply for that kind of job. I wouldn't want a cop that wouldn't use force coming to my house or where I worked if I was being robbed at gun point.

Around here, we have some pretty good cops, thank god. Once in a while a young one comes in and is a little overzeleous but that is how all newbies in the workplace seem to be. They can be conditioned over time to fit into the community properly and work with the people.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Vandalism is not an appropriate response for anything. I can't understand how anyone can do this kind of stuff to someone in their community who provides a service to the people there. The owner of that market probably does not make a lot of money, they are just making a living and trying to provide a service for their customers.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Yup, I think that the guy had a bullyish attitude, live by the sword was a good choice of words.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

In the last week in Memphis,we have had 15 shootings.

8 of the victims were underage blacks.

You hear nothing from the likes of Sharpton,or the other liberals/apologists.

Could it be because all of the shooters were black?

You hear nothing unless a thug is killed while committing a crime.

Hell,I would suggest checking our murder stats-see for yourselves how much killing goes on here-but I guess it's ok as long as the murderer isn't white.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

This story has more twists than any other story I have witnessed. According to Ferguson Market. they didn't call the police on Brown, a customer did. That didn't stop the police from taking there surveillance footage.

Twists is right.

They even made a police report dated Aug 9th too.

With Brown and Johnson named as suspects.

Complete with Drivers License ID numbers too !!

Oh and Brown's Permit was expired

Brown's police Report

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

My thought on this is that at first they didn't go in heavy handed, and it sort of backfired. After that they figured things were going to get worse and did go in heavy handed. That backfired too. Then they pulled back and everything seemed very peaceful. Then everything went to poo last night.

There should be some cops waiting in the wings ready with riot gear, and the rest should just be regular uniforms trying to do community policing. Not one or the other.

Why are they not stopping looting? What would people say if they did and it got ugly? Then the cops would be said to have beaten and imprisoned people over petty theft. It's really a no win situation for the police right now.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I'm sure *most* everyone in the areas - business owners and average citizens - just wants to go about their lives...

Collectively punishing everyone for the crimes of a few is not going to restore confidence, calm or commerce to the area.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone asked this yet, but where is the dash cam video from the cruiser? That way we can see and hear what went down and not speculate. Or are they withholding it?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

They release this video of Mike Brown and here is why. They are going to let Darren Wilson get away with Murder! They are just priming people to "Get Ready". For when they announce Brown was being aggressive to Wilson.
The video clearly shows Brown, not but hours before his murder, Acting aggressive to the store clerk. This is all part of the well placed plan to get Wilson off the hook.

You watch. I already see it. This video of Brown was put out, to sway peoples thoughts and feelings. Which it clearly has. The fairy tale is over, and Brown was aggressive. Hence that will allow Wilson's testimony stand up in court.

Just watch.. I already see it coming. Darren is going to get off on this. And this video release was just the first STAB at the people.
I don't agree with their tactics. It is a complete phy op.
They already know that Wilson is going to say it was in self defense.
Now they just have to hurt Brown and his family. Poor taste. But I get it.. I see what they are doing.

But make no mistake.. This goes beyond Mike Brown. This is more than just about one kid. This is really about Cops over reach, and military style presence all over the USA.
Do they not know about escalation? Cops get Body armor. Criminals get armor piecing rounds. Cops get Tanks, then Criminals gear up for war. This is coming to a boiling point. And it is not good.

I see the chaos to come.

I know I am not the only one..
But I am stating this here for the record.
Once they announce Darren Wilson innocence, I can come back to this post here, and be like.. Yep, saw it coming from the start..
Carefully crafted.

I stand behind all those who stand up against the Status Quo. I stand behind all those who seek to Fight the power!
Its what we have been doing here on ATS since the Start!
Now it is coming into reality. So now is the time to pick a side.

For once in my life, I am picking a side. And I stand with the people.
Even in light of Mike Brown acting like a "thug". Even in light that he was acting a fool. Still does not justify years of police brutality.
You know I get it .. I see the other side too. Police have a real hard job out here, working the mean streets. I get it. Don't think I am missing that part of the puzzle. But weight with everything else. Sorry the scale fall in favor of the people this time. Not the police, or TPTB.

Edit- I had made this post on a couple other pages.. I did write this all out in notepad, and had to make a couple notes in this. As with everything being said, and things moving so fast. It is harder and harder to be heard. Lots of white noise. But we will make our voices be HEARD! Thanks for the thread!
edit on 22814234285 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
yes, the police can take the video. a crime may have been committed and the video possibly contained evidence of the crime. even if a victim doesn't want to press charges, the cops or state can press charges. mr. brown may have taken a box of fine cigars...I think that cost more than video footage.

if you support Michael Brown, you support the cop that shot him. no one has any rights to anything in the current environment.

please take this idea seriously.

fine cigars? at that store?...let's not get too carried away....by the way, your last 2 sentences makes no sense...maybe you can clarify.
edit on 17-8-2014 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join