It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MentorsRiddle

originally posted by: butcherguy
The name of the police officer has been released.
He is black.
He is the President of the Ethical Society of Police.

A link to the thread about it:
ATS Thread

I guess that means a lot of people have some things to think about.

We all do.
A lot of it is subconscious, not an easy thing to change.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The name of the police officer has been released.
He is black.
He is the President of the Ethical Society of Police.

A link to the thread about it:
ATS Thread

That's incorrect information according to the ESoP Facebook page. Pointed out later in the thread by a new user going by Woozy.

From the Facebook page linked above:

The first thing we would like to assure the world is that this is a horrific coincidence.

May I assure the world that this is not the President of the Ethical Society of Police's Sergeant Darren R. Wilson who is African-American, and happens to be an 18 year veteran of the St. Louis Police Department.

I'm sure additional clarification statements will be released immediately.

Thank you for your continued support.

edit on 2014-8-15 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Thank you! I have some corrections to make!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle
Well said.
I am currently in the Philippines and a girl here thought that only whites were racist,i cried laughing such is the propaganda served up by the media that people actually believe it.
I read a book by Whitley Strieber called "the key" whereby he had an encounter with a very wizened character that relayed all sorts of information to him.One of the great things he said was that God cannot see what color we are,he only sees our spiritual essence,if only we had the ability to do the same.
See the problem is the Elite know how general human psychology works and people that really had no negative opinion of other races suddenly adopt them when there is a mass influx of immigrants that compete for the same jobs which means the corporate interest can lower the wages of a nation and cause huge resentment against other races that have emigrated to that country.
It's divide and conquer and the media are some of the biggest race baiters going.
They are all teleprompt readers that read from a script governed by the tiny few at the expense of the many.
They have a platform to make unmitigated claims and are fast losing support due to the clarity of the investigative journalism done by the alternative media.
Instead of looking at who is really pulling all the strings and keeping a jackboot on our necks we are led off on tangents,you only have to look at the case of Trayvon Martin and the doctoring of the 911 calls from George Zimmerman by NBC to further instigate racial hatred.
Humanity is tribalistic and these tendencies are exploited to cause wars,genocides and slavery to name but a few by people that are only interested in their own agendas such as the military industrial complex which makes trillions out of national tribalism which ultimately leads to the bloodshed of our fellow humans.
I hope one day we can all make peace with one another and learn the folly of our ways.
There is an Ojibwa saying that goes like this"no tree has branches so foolish enough to fight amongst themselves"

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
One of my best friends in college is black. We study together for all our engineering classes.

Some people might consider me racist because I watch my back when "gangster" looking guys are around me. The thing is, I don't care if they're black, white, brown, yellow, green, or orange; if someone is going to dress like a gangbanger with their pants at their knees and cussing up a storm I'm going to keep an eye on them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Oh..good...GOD!

Did NO ONE think to have the Chief MENTION the fact there are TWO Darren Wilson's, both in law enforcement, BOTH in the same geographic area and to someone not snappy about their police knowledge, BOTH could have been 'the' guy to the passing glance at a headline??

Oh...this is just...unbelievable. I feel SO bad for the OTHER Darren Wilson. Jeeeeeeze...

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

Oh..good...GOD!

Did NO ONE think to have the Chief MENTION the fact there are TWO Darren Wilson's, both in law enforcement, BOTH in the same geographic area and to someone not snappy about their police knowledge, BOTH could have been 'the' guy to the passing glance at a headline??

Oh...this is just...unbelievable. I feel SO bad for the OTHER Darren Wilson. Jeeeeeeze...

WOW.
Shoddy preparation for a news conference!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: southbeach
Well said.
I am currently in the Philippines and a girl here thought that only whites were racist,i cried laughing such is the propaganda served up by the media that people actually believe it.
I read a book by Whitley Strieber called "the key" whereby he had an encounter with a very wizened character that relayed all sorts of information to him.One of the great things he said was that God cannot see what color we are,he only sees our spiritual essence,if only we had the ability to do the same.
See the problem is the Elite know how general human psychology works and people that really had no negative opinion of other races suddenly adopt them when there is a mass influx of immigrants that compete for the same jobs which means the corporate interest can lower the wages of a nation and cause huge resentment against other races that have emigrated to that country.
It's divide and conquer and the media are some of the biggest race baiters going.
They are all teleprompt readers that read from a script governed by the tiny few at the expense of the many.
They have a platform to make unmitigated claims and are fast losing support due to the clarity of the investigative journalism done by the alternative media.
Instead of looking at who is really pulling all the strings and keeping a jackboot on our necks we are led off on tangents,you only have to look at the case of Trayvon Martin and the doctoring of the 911 calls from George Zimmerman by NBC to further instigate racial hatred.
Humanity is tribalistic and these tendencies are exploited to cause wars,genocides and slavery to name but a few by people that are only interested in their own agendas such as the military industrial complex which makes trillions out of national tribalism which ultimately leads to the bloodshed of our fellow humans.
I hope one day we can all make peace with one another and learn the folly of our ways.
There is an Ojibwa saying that goes like this"no tree has branches so foolish enough to fight amongst themselves"

I really liked that concept, God can only see our spiritual side.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I believe this, right here, should be made into a BIG NATIONAL object lesson in WHY we do not just go off like a loose cannon on speed to name people by amateur detective work.

This name was an official release and may *STILL* have directly endangered another man and his family by coincidence even TPTB didn't seem to realize (or...scary version..a couple DID..and chose to say nothing to let it play out).

Yikes!

** It's hard to believe this really happened..but I guess it really did. Oh..Missouri...think of the image! (hides in hole)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I find it funny and sad to see how everyone scampers to the "I'm not a racist" camp. Pretty much everyone one White, Black, Red, Tan, Brown, Yellow and Green are Racist to one degree or another. Denial is the name of the game in this country and we all claim to not have a racist bone in our bodies, when we all do. One of my friends wrote a book on Racial Sobriety and that's what it really is, you have to admit that you have these ideas and misconceptions of others and THEN you can move on from that to a hopefully more fulfilling life. It's an ongoing process, you don't get magically cured of it.

Knowing your own racist, religious intolerance, xenophobia, homophobia, socio-economic status, you name it, is the first step to solving it. You can't change who you were, you can change who you are and who you are going to be.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

This mentality can be seen and heard around the world, from every media outlet – conservative and liberal alike; each spewing their own political agendas, and enraging the masses. Even AboveTopSecret.com has been victim of this ignorant mentality.

I have noticed it on the Ferguson threads, subtle little jabs like calling the protesters animals and thugs or refering to the people as "the blacks" and making jokes about the knockout game. You are on the button, ats is not immune to this behavior.

Yea they weren't animals and thugs. They were just some folks who are fed up with the man. So they helped themselves to a few new rims and tires at the local Firestone.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Read the book my friend,it's as profound as it gets,a real eye opener.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

I would imagine most people agree with you, most of what you talk about would be common sense mixed with humanity and civility, the two human traits that seem to be lacking these days.

"I believe in humanity" is a nieve stance to take with the proof of division in the world that is prevalent everywhere.

Even though I agree with you, I have no belief in or confidence in humanity...that left me many years ago, I wish you better luck with human nature, your going to need it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Logarock you are free to speak anyway you want about people, I merely offered what I had seen. Why get so hostile about an observation? If you have no issue saying those things about fellow human beings by all means fire away, it doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thank you! I have some corrections to make!

No problem. Welcome to the (mis)Information Age, where we all jump to conclusions (all of us), far too quickly and often!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Guilty! (hands in the air)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

Logarock you are free to speak anyway you want about people, I merely offered what I had seen. Why get so hostile about an observation? If you have no issue saying those things about fellow human beings by all means fire away, it doesn't mean I have to agree with them.

I just don't understand why you would be surprised for a moment that such names would be used for looters. I don't know that such people are fellow humans. It looks ridiculous to ascribe to much sympathy to door smashing and the loot grabbing by considering them protesters. Not to mention its unconstitutionality. Its says "peaceably assemble". Breaking down the door of the local market and taking what you can carry doesn't fall under petitioning the government for grievances.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You failed to read my second post, this thread is about racism, I have observed people saying things with racist undertones, you want to defend that, that's ok but I don't have to like it. You are free to think anyway you want but don't try to force other people to accept it.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad
wait....
Calling looters animals is racist? Referring to black people as blacks is racist? Talking about the knockout game is racist? hmmm

Racism has always been on earth and it will always be here on earth. It's nothing new. History will show this. I think it's human nature. A human condition.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

Read my god damn second post in the thread. When posts are made saying "the black are animals" or equating the knocked out game to certain neighborhoods because they are predominantly African-American, it has racist undertones. If you think nothing is wrong with it why are you letting my post get to you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join