It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robo-cook: Android restaurant boots up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
how long before people become completely obsolete?

Kunshan - It's more teatime than Terminator - a restaurant in China is electrifying customers by using more than a dozen robots to cook and deliver food.

Mechanical staff members greet customers, deliver dishes to tables and even stir-fry meat and vegetables at the eatery in Kunshan, which opened last week.

"My daughter asked me to invent a robot because she doesn't like doing housework," said the restaurant's founder Song Yugang.

Two robots are stationed by the door to cheerfully greet customers, while four short but humanoid machines carry trays of food to the tables.

www.fin24.com...

is the vision of IRobot slowly becoming a reality?

GOOGLE BUYS BOSTON ROBOTICS

A robot that can outrun the fastest human and a four-legged robot that can climb hills are among the robots that now belong to Google after it bought the engineering firm Boston Dynamics. The world's largest internet search company has acquired Boston Dynamics, best known for building robots that look as if they belong in a science-fiction movie, and which are often co-developed or funded by the US military.

www.theguardian.com...

We all know what google glass is..

Android is no longer a sci-fi term used in star wars....

imagine a walking robot running on an android system with google glass built into it, with the internet as its mind.

life is crazy

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Fri Aug 15 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: EX TAGS ADDED, quote shortened.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I had a dream about 25 years ago, in the dream I lived in a future world where I was nearing retirement age and owned a bar of all things.

It was a small bar and I was seated near the back with a friend. We were watching our new four-armed robot bartender serve the customers. I was wondering if I should switch back to a pretty girl bartender, a cute blonde I thought. At that point my friend laughs at me and says that blondes are out of style.

When I think about it, maybe it was the human servers that were out of style and the robots were in. The rest of the dream was an action adventure type about a resistance movement against an invading force from another country. It was a pretty cool dream, that's why I still remember it.

Our robots will start thinking, "Humans are obsolete - Exterminate! Exterminate!", like a combination of a Steven King story and an episode of Dr. Who.

join