It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ZMapp (Ebola Vaccine) is all gone....but company won't tell how many doses were released....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So the Mapp Company has announced that it's ZMapp supply has been exhausted.

The maker of the experimental Ebola drug that was given to two infected Americans said Monday that its supply has been exhausted after the company provided doses to a West African nation.

Mapp Biopharmaceutical Inc. said in a brief online statement it had complied with every request for the drug that had the necessary legal and regulatory authorization. The company said it provided the drug, called ZMapp, at no cost in all cases.

San Diego-based Mapp didn't name any countries that requested the drug and didn't release additional details.

Source

So, they won't release any details as to how large their supply was but tell everyone it is all gone. What reason would they have to hold back the supply numbers? This wreaks of a cover up as to how many are actually infected. Would a company like this not have a fairly large supply of doses stored? And they are stating it would take up to 2 months to build even a small supply at this point.

Story just doesn't sound right to me....

edit on 8/13/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/13/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

They provided it "at no costs in all cases"? No wonder the supply has been "exhausted." I bet a few $$$ will speed up the process.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
You know....another thing that doesn't add up to me is that they state on their site that they gave it away at no cost. Also, for a company with so much publicity right now, they seem like extremely small potatoes (from their poorly built website) to be able build a vaccine like this.

Mapp

August 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM - The available supply of ZMapp™ has been exhausted. We have complied with every request for ZMapp™ that had the necessary legal/regulatory authorization. It is the requestors’ decision whether they wish to make public their request, acquisition, or use of the experimental drug. Any decision to use ZMapp™ must be made by the patients’ medical team. Drug has been provided at no cost in all cases.

Hell....according to Hoover's they are less than a million dollar company. How can they afford to give this stuff away?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
There is a lot more info in this article, and also this.

CLICK ME

Mapp, in its statement, didn’t identify which countries had received the remaining doses. The company said those who requested the drug can reveal their acquisition or use of the experimental drug.

Mapp and its partners, Defyrus Inc. and a subsidiary of Reynolds American Inc., are working with the U.S. government to quickly increase production, the company said.

“Additional resources are being brought to bear on scaling up,” the company said. “The emergency use of an experimental medicine is a highly unusual situation.”

Probably because it was a very small amount.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Let me ask you. How can a less than million dollar company get access to and create a possible Ebola vaccine?

How much do you think it would cost to lease/buy a facility with equipment and personnel equipped to study and contain a extremely deadly pathogen according to regulations?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
You know....another thing that doesn't add up to me is that they state on their site that they gave it away at no cost. Also, for a company with so much publicity right now, they seem like extremely small potatoes (from their poorly built website) to be able build a vaccine like this.

Mapp

August 12, 2014 at 8:30 AM - The available supply of ZMapp™ has been exhausted. We have complied with every request for ZMapp™ that had the necessary legal/regulatory authorization. It is the requestors’ decision whether they wish to make public their request, acquisition, or use of the experimental drug. Any decision to use ZMapp™ must be made by the patients’ medical team. Drug has been provided at no cost in all cases.

Hell....according to Hoover's they are less than a million dollar company. How can they afford to give this stuff away?

It's an experimental drug that isn't actually ready for full release, they're relying on an emergency treatment exemption. It would be more puzzling if they were set up for large scale manufacture of a medicine that hasn't even been fully accepted by the FDA.

They've basically got themselves a free wide-scale clinical trial on humans. It might even be cheaper to give it away free to African patients than to fund their own clinical trials. Plus the epic profit potential won't be harmed by the positive press if it works.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

That sure is one ghetto website for a company that can save people's lives from Ebola!

Holy cow, I've seen 13 year old kids build better websites!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Hmmm...this is curious as well. So I was looking at their funding page and it lists DTRA as one of the funding sources for ZMapp.

DTRA funding

DTRA stands for Defense Threat Reduction Agency. According to DTRA website "About Us" they are:

DTRA is the U.S. Department of Defense’s official Combat Support Agency for countering weapons of mass destruction. Our people are Subject Matter Experts on WMD, and we address the entire spectrum of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and high yield explosive threats. DTRA’s programs include basic science research and development, operational support to U.S. warfighters on the front line, and an in-house WMD think tank that aims to anticipate and mitigate future threats long before they have a chance to harm the United States and our allies. SCC-WMD, the U.S. Strategic Command Center for Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction, synchronizes Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction efforts across our military’s geographic commands and leverages the people, programs and interagency relationships of DTRA at a strategic level. We work with the military services, other elements of the United States government, and countries across the planet on counterproliferation, nonproliferation and WMD reduction issues with one goal in mind: Making the World Safer.

Here is their "Who We Are" page:

Weapons of mass destruction - chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear - and high yield explosives can pose deadly and destructive threats to U.S. security. Through its support to the Office of the Secretary of Defense and to combatant commanders, DTRA works to stop the spread, counter the effects, and prepare for the use of weapons of mass destruction. By making WMD less effective or completely ineffective, we limit their appeal to our adversaries and their potential use as tools of war, provide U.S. forces freedom of action, and protect the homeland.

DTRA website

So why is a company that specializes in WMD's, the weapons part being the most important here, involved in the creation of a ebola vaccine? Is there a truly credible threat of this being used for bio-warfare or is this current outbreak a result of bio-warfare?

That is a REALLY odd connection to me but I guess I could be looking to deep into it.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Probably because they know what they are doing and have a lot of knowledge, doesn't have to do with anything WMD...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

Probably because they know what they are doing and have a lot of knowledge, doesn't have to do with anything WMD...

That doesn't make any sense at all....they specialize in WMD threat reduction. Not naturally occurring threats as we have been told this is.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

No, but drastic situation requires drastic measures, if these are the ones with the most knowledge it makes sense to use them, or anyone who is professional enough to handle it...

It's like there is a type of panic in all this because of the fear it spreads rapidly.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here is a US government doc from 2013 showing that DTRA was involved in the research at least as early as November of last year and most likely a lot longer considering the phase they are in according to the PDF. This also shows, according to the key, that Mapp is DoD funded. That is a LOT of governmental defense agencies involved in what they tell us can't or wouldn't be used as a biological agent for attack since it takes too long and would not progress fast enough.

Source

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

That sure is one ghetto website for a company that can save people's lives from Ebola!

Holy cow, I've seen 13 year old kids build better websites!

Not uncommon with a small company that isn't really web-based. Some guy in the officer knocks up something so they can "have a website" and the boss says - good enough.

It's also a niche market they work in, and I bet they get most of their business the old-fashioned way - going out and knocking on doors, attending conferences, having industry contacts, approaching people and arranging meetings.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

No, but drastic situation requires drastic measures, if these are the ones with the most knowledge it makes sense to use them, or anyone who is professional enough to handle it...

It's like there is a type of panic in all this because of the fear it spreads rapidly.

But they have been involved since well before this occurred.....the graphic I just posted was from 2013 and they are already in pre-clinical trials....this is way before the recent outbreak happened.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Vasa your on to something, this stinks big way.

how does a company who's estimated value is less then 1 million able to buy/hire the equipment/staff/facility. Let alone have access to deadly strains( which I'm sure they would need ) the traveling the deep connections in local governments.

Nope doesn't make sense, what also doesn't make sense is the fact this has so many DOD roots up their a***
And a company that is that well funded would just "give" the drug away for free?

If any of this would be true this company would open up an IPO and the stocks would skyrocket. A company that has the potential of the holy grail on ebola and just gives it for FREE

I know Canadians are Canadians, but that's a stretch.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I see, i have no idea why that is, they must somehow have seen Ebola as a threat before this outbreak which started December last year but wasn't discovered until the start of 2014..

But if it's because they knew or " actually started it " or just come prepared i have no clue on, but you might have found the clue....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

But they have been involved since well before this occurred.....the graphic I just posted was from 2013 and they are already in pre-clinical trials....this is way before the recent outbreak happened.

Ebola outbreaks occur every two or three years. It's always there in the background and work on trying to develop a medicine to deal with it has been going on for quite a while. The difference this time is that they're at a point where they might have something that works.

Of course, it is quite interesting to note that they just so happen to have something ready to test during the most severe outbreak on record...

edit on 13-8-2014 by EvillerBob because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: MessageforAll

If any of this would be true this company would open up an IPO and the stocks would skyrocket. A company that has the potential of the holy grail on ebola and just gives it for FREE

I know Canadians are Canadians, but that's a stretch.

IPO? For an untested experimental drug that isn't authorised for use yet? You might appeal to a handful of gamblers but I think you would have problems attracting serious investment money. No authorisation = no product = no money made.

They've only been allowed to hand over the medicine they have due to an emergency exemption. They can't sell this stuff on the market yet and, if not for the current outbreak providing a massive (and free) clinical trial on humans, it might cost them a lot of time and money to get it closer to market. This outbreak might be christmas come early for the company.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
You know what they say, give 'em a free sample and they'll keep coming back for more.

It is interesting to note that all companies involved in ebola vaccine research (GSK, TKMR, SRPT, INO) all have values of $10 or more. INO being a Canadian company that announced this morning they will be offering their experimental drug (free) as well as cash donations.

PPHM i.e. Mapp or Zmapp is only trading at 1.64 and although all news around vaccines is Zmapp it hasn't really budged an inch. However, people are probably concerned about the Spaniard who died after receiving it.

If there is a conspiracy, it would revolve around how the timing of these drugs being ready for clinical trials and the recent outbreak. Also, the DOD interest going back at least 8-10 years in Africa. Curious.
edit on 13-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Another tidbit I found is Mapp's commercialization partner LeafBio....

LeafBio

So their site was obviously built by the same company.

Anywho...on their info page they say:

ZMappTM was first identified as a drug candidate in January 2014 and has not yet been evaluated for safety in humans. As such, very little of the drug is currently available.

Yet in another document released in July 2014 by Defryus they state:

ZMapp™ antibodies are being produced under an existing manufacturing collaboration with
Kentucky Bioprocessing (KBP, Owensboro KY). Using a fully automated production system that
operates in accordance with good manufacturing practices (GMP), the antibodies are produced in
Nicotiana. This high performance manufacturing process decreases production time, increases
the quantity of antibody produced, and lowers the cost of manufacturing.

Source

So why is none available if they have been in production on this in the method stated above which clearly says it is a high performance manufacturing facility?

This all stinks heavily......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join