It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any good books for research?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Anyone one of any good books on ET good for use on a term paper? I was lucky enough to have my thesis statement of "Do aliens exist or are they just a human creation?" accepted. Of course I want to read both sides of the arguments. I need mainly books because the internet isn't always trustful and I am limited to 2 internet resources. All suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Check out "UFOs & The National Security State" by Richard M. Dolan.It has a wealth of knowledge on past encounters,as well as a stinging overview of the mass attempted cover-up by the Military and Government organizations.Very good read with a lot of info.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I dont know much about UFO's but if thats the type of stuff you are looking for then there is a book by a guy called Tim Good i once read called Above Top Secret strangly enough. Very good well researched book.

Above Top Secret

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Great thanks a lot. I need a few more though, I'll be doing some research to find good books and seeing if anyone else has read it.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Read any books by Timothy Good. They are well researched and fairly unbiased, very good read.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Anything by Timothy Good (especially this site's namesake)
Anything by Stan Friedman
Anything by Kevin Randle (especially on Roswell)

The Day After Roswell - by Major Phillip Corso
The UFO Casebook (can't remember the author)
Anything on the Rendlesham case (Nigel something or other I think...)

Jeez, there are just so many... There are some excellent books from the naysayer side as well, depending on which angle you're taking at it. I've actually done papers from both sides for college, so let us know which way you're going with it.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've said it in private, I'm going public.......
Gazrok.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hey, edit that out, I can't fit through the door, hehe...

Seriously, if I ever actually gather my books from the various places around the house, I can probably rattle off some more actual titles...(I have a tendancy to simply drop them wherever, and then my wife puts them who knows where, hehe...)

BTW, it's a good idea to get books on the naysayer side too, just to see what their arguments are...

Phillip Klass, Jaques Vallese (horribly something like that) are some of the more prolific debunkers.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Donald Keyhoe has a couple of good books as well.He was one of the original pioneers who darn near garnered disclosure in the 50's.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Well, I want to present both sides of the argument, but I may be able to swing to the "aliens exist and there are people who suck and want us to believe we are alone" side. All these books sound wonderful thanks a lot for all these ideas, now I just have to see if I can find them at the Library because I am too broke to buy anything especially with the holidays coming up.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
groups.yahoo.com...

I have compiled a list of books I have personally read, with brief comments. there will be more books to add, as I look up numbers and read new books.

Hope it helps. I also have a bibliography file on my comp listing books.

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
groups.yahoo.com...

I have compiled a list of books I have personally read, with brief comments. there will be more books to add, as I look up numbers and read new books.

Hope it helps. I also have a bibliography file on my comp listing books.

That is awesome. Thanks, all these suggestions are incredible. I really need to start reading some of these books.

new topics

top topics

join