It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rioting, looting reported in Ferguson (Missouri)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Lol ha and blacks wonder why their situation never changes! Here's the difference between whites and blacks!
www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

No rioting by white people over a 9 year old murdered by a black!
edit on 10-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I made a thread about the original incident here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

My reply to this whole mess, I typed out in that thread before I realized a new one was started so I will just copy/paste it here for the new discussion.

Now that is disgusting behavior... and could very well lead to another death pretty quickly. That is NOT the coming together that needs to be done by any means. I'm also trying to figure out what the store owner did in all of this to result in his store being not only looted but destroyed from the looks of it. That's pure idiotic behavior and does nothing to further the case in a positive way. All they have succeeded in doing is giving a lot of people (that see this as stereotypical behavior) a reason to see a reason that, that boy was shot to death.

I don't get it and it's sad that this has to be done in the name of something so tragic for all. Those in the video used this tragedy for naught but self gain.

I like the uploaders description.....

Cooler heads need to prevail. Quicktrip in Ferguson looted after violent confrontation with police. Justice for Mike Brown...in a just way. Courtesy of Umar Lee of the St. Louis Evening-Whirl

I agree wholeheartedly with that man's statement.

ETA - That whoever took this video and uploaded it has successfully made it fairly easy to go out there and arrest at least 15 to 20 of those people that were taking part in this. I wonder what will happen when they go there looking for those people this time? None of these folks made a really wise move in doing what they have done IMO.

This stunt could very well cost more lives in the long run and I would think that is not what anybody wants.

It went from really bad to really worse.

edit on 8/10/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

edit on 10-8-2014 by BLACKOWT because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I imagine everyone is angry, don't ya think?

link   
a reply to: beezzer

No worries.

link   
** Language Warning**

"If you look to the streets, its wasn't about Rodney King, its this F'd up situation and these F'd up police"

This situation does not appear to be on the same level as the Rodney King riots, but i think they same mentality applies. I am not saying I agree with the actions, or that I would be part of any riots or looting. I wouldn't because I feel its a horrible way to react to an already bad situation and by taking their anger out on their neighbor hood, they are making the problem, and the community worse.

That said, I think the mind frame of these people is a combo of being frustrated and fed-up with the BS they see around them every day. Working day in and day out, but still can barely support a family, let alone have any extra money for fun stuff. LEOs walking all over every body they come in contact with and indiscriminately harassing, beating and killing people, not to mention the justice system putting everybody they can in jail.

Stick a person in a situation where they feel they are treated unfairly, throw in constant injustice and oppression and you get a powder keg waiting to blow. Light the fuse with an (allegedly) unjustified shooting and killing of an unarmed young person and KABOOM.

Not saying I agree with the actions of those participating in the riots and looting, but I do understand where they are coming from. These riots are a symptom of a much more serious social issue that needs to be addressed. If it takes riots and looting to get people to actually focus on the problem and work for a resolution, then IMO its a small price to pay.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
Lol ha and blacks wonder why their situation never changes! Here's the difference between whites and blacks!

Do you really think this has to do with the pigment of skin or the culture that child was raised in? Another poster tried to paint me as racist I hope this gives some context.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I can understand people's frustration and anger with LEO who end up rioting, attacking LEOs and even damaging places such as court house, police stations, government buildings.

But in a case like this, looting stores......that's not lashing out in anger. That's taking advantage of things.

The stores had absolutely nothing to do with someone getting killed. Smashing in windows of businesses so you can then run and and grab their stuff is not a show of anger against LEO or the system.

It's people taking advantage of a situation so they can steal things, and they are not protesting one damn thing. They are simply being thieves at that point.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Actually you know nothing of my attitude. I label your thinking racist because thats what it comes off as. I actually agree with you that the culture is on a down slide and could be better and am actually working in the community and with various organizations to do my part to help achieve this. Nice try at deflection....next time know the person you are talking about. And just for the record, I dont agree with this course of action because it accomplishes nothing. Looting and rioting only reinforces the negative stereotypes that are already out there. However, again, this is not Black Culture(I don't think you are getting this point and think I am attacking your views....I am NOT...I am attacking your wording and labeling of a whole culture based on violent and ignorant behaviors)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

I imagine everyone is angry, don't ya think?

Not sure. I do think the police state is out of control but this is not the cure. This will only lead to more control as people cry out for security. A peaceful protest would have been 1000x more powerful

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:51 PM
link   
A witness on the live feed said that when the cops showed up in riot gear and attempted to disperse the peacefull protest that the crowd flipped.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

This is not about a white man killing a black man. It is about a Officer killing an unarmed man. It just happened to of occurred in an African American neighborhood. Not the same situation as your link.
edit on 10-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2014 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

A witness on the live feed said that when the cops showed up in riot gear and attempted to disperse the peacefull protest that the crowd flipped.

And if that's true, you have to wonder, if the crowd had just been left alone, would any of the rioting and looting have happened?

To me LEOs showing up to do that for those people, was like having salt rubbed in your wounds.

They were upset and mad about what happened, but were protesting peacefully up until that point.

To me it would have been a no brainer: watch them to make sure nothing gets out of hand, but otherwise: leave them alone.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm going to imagine for a moment that the police are guilty and the child (18 year old) was innocent.

So the cops are being brutal. They kill an innocent.

People riot and loot as a result.

Because rioting and looting resulted, more police are called in, creating an environment where more innocents could potentially be killed.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a huge disconnect here.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: BLACKOWT

Actually you know nothing of my attitude. I label your thinking racist because thats what it comes off as. I actually agree with you that the culture is on a down slide and could be better and am actually working in the community and with various organizations to do my part to help achieve this. Nice try at deflection....next time know the person you are talking about. And just for the record, I dont agree with this course of action because it accomplishes nothing. Looting and rioting only reinforces the negative stereotypes that are already out there. However, again, this is not Black Culture(I don't think you are getting this point and think I am attacking your views....I am NOT...I am attacking your wording and labeling of a whole culture based on violent and ignorant behaviors)

Please point out what I said that was racist..........Simple truths are all I see. Is it racist to say the Black culture is enslaving themselves ?

Is it racist to say they are following the wrong leaders and roll models. Is it racist to say many parents in the Black culture are failing?

Tell me what is racist........Your version of the truth is actually a root cause of the self imposed slavery.
edit on 10-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I'm going to imagine for a moment that the police are guilty and the child (18 year old) was innocent.

So the cops are being brutal. They kill an innocent.

People riot and loot as a result.

Because rioting and looting resulted, more police are called in, creating an environment where more innocents could potentially be killed.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm seeing a huge disconnect here.

its not just you

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Ah oh! Now Waltons gonna be p1ssed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

This is not about a white man killing a black man. It is about a Officer killing an unarmed man.

You have no idea what you are talking about. This is as much a black white issue as it is a cop/black issue. Ferguson has a very white police force!!!! You have no clue the attitude a lot of St. Louis blacks have towards white cops. I do I grew up in St. Louis and I went to school with inner city St. Louis blacks my entire academic career. You people are naive!

Blacks will riot at the drop of a hat when it comes to supposed injustice by police and whites but you want me to make a list about the crap they should be rioting about? Hmmm how about all the gang violence that kills black youth every day, how about the fatherless black kids, how about the drugs in their neighborhoods, how about rap culture? They are lucky cops even go to their neighborhoods to even serve and protect them in this day and age. Black culture is destroying black youth not cops. Cops kill people in white neighborhoods too we don't destroy it.

It's not white kids going around knocking out random black people in groups for fun!!!!!
edit on 11-8-2014 by GreenMtnBoys because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I fully agree, it is not a rational response in any way. What i believe the problem is though, is that this community is reacting out of anger. When people react with emotion, they do not do rational things. Throw in mob mentality and you get the nastiness that's going on right now.

Not trying to justify it, just trying to look at it for what it is, not what it should be.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Wookiep

So how many needs to die before the anger justifies the reaction?

Doesn't matter.

It's the misplaced anger that's the problem.

I don't condone violence at all but damn it if your going to fight the system learn where to project your anger. The minority in the black community, once again, supersedes the majority. This is not representative of that majority...at all.

It reminds me of the liberal mentality in this country. Somehow personal responsibility is negated by the victim mentality.

We are ALL victims in one sense or another. Quit creating this racial divide in this country!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join